• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

muscle motion vs powertec power rack

t5q1wz.jpg

Here is my new baby, in my room cause there is no place for it.. yet :(

I'm a bit annoyed, because one of the bolts at the top connecting bar didn't match up.. it won't affect it in anyway, just a shame it didn't line up properly...

otherwise awesome thing

Band attachments allow bands (think giant rubber bands but with more intensity) to attach onto the bar when you lift. These create more tension towards the top of the lift for those who have problems 'locking out'.

These are only really for advanced trainers so they're nothing I'd worry about in an intermediate rack like these ones.

Ok thanks, how does that rack look anyways i am looking to make a purchase on it.

Its probably the best rack in australia right now, but its significantly larger than the muscle motion commercial power rack and a little more expensive.

I'm pretty into home gym gear and I'm buying a muscle motion when I move out.

Hmm, so if i have the space you think i should get the force USA one?

not considering price. Why do you say its the best rack?

In terms of features it has everything - the j-hooks are well designed so you'd be able to 'pull' the bar out of the rack when you bench, the pins are spaced very closely meaning you wouldnt have to shrug the bar from the j-hooks or bench with the pins an inch above your chest, and should you ever go in that direction the band pegs could be useful.

On the other hand the muscle motion has a far more simple design which better suits me. It has a good reputation too, and if life has taught me anything reputation and quality is worth far more than something with a range of features.

That heavy duty rack from gymdirect is the best I have seen, love the open top for tall guys like me. Also looks very strong a very nice design.

I'm not keen on the open rack, it just doesnt seem to have the classicness of the closed rack, also 260kg is a monster for home gym use, even by my standards.

Guess your standards are too low Oliver :D If you grow to 6'3 you will understand the height issues.

I'm about 6'0 with epic long arms, probably should be taller but my legs bow in.

You can always press outside the rack - ask Adrian if you can buy an extra set of j-hooks.