• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mr Olympia 2014- SEPTEMBER 18-21, 2014 LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

I never liked the translations of Ramy's replies before, and I see that things have gotten worse. So I've taken it upon myself to translate for you word for word what the Big Man has said.

Q . Ramy we've seen the pictures online of 300 plus pounds, the question is do you have enough to move up the ranks and take out some of the ($)?
A.
First I'd like to thank all the believers and admires of the sport world wide. I first like to thank the people who have helped me throughout the time that has passed, from my start in Kuwait, and here in the US the people who've helped me, and all the ones who have encouraged me, I'd like to thank them.

As for me, Mr Olympia of 2014 was my first year
(he meant to say 2013) ,
and I was with well respected champs, and I was just happy to see them. So from last year as soon as I stepped off stage, I made the decision that I had to be a strong competitor, enough that I watched plenty, and God willing this year I must at least be a strong competitor, and I've come to compete for the title!

Q. If you can translate for me, tell him that Kai Green said, he's got no chance of beating kai, absolutely not gonna happen, he's got no business of being on the same stage.
A. By God, of course with all the love and admiration I have for him, and the fact that I'm actually dreaming that I'm standing amongst all these champs, however let me tell him that I came this year not just to be a spectator, but I came to compete. The championship is equal for everyone, as everyone trained hard and worked hard. And I am certain, that the ability and opportunity to fulfil, of course that's after the ability and opportunity to fulfil that comes from God almighty, is the ability and opportunity to fulfil that comes from the ones who have paid their dues and worked hard. I am certain that I came here to compete, ..without the mentioning of any name, irrespective of who that name is. I came here to challenge for the title!

Fadi.

Last edited:
My predictions -

1. Phil
2. Kai
3. Wolf
4. Ramy
5. Rhoden
6. Dexter
7. Winklaar
8. Warren (Prob a slight gift)
9. Morel
10. Kuclo

If anyone gets the top 10 100% correct I will buy them 1kg of protein from Bulk Nutrients - anyone else up for the challenge if my top 10 is spot on?

Hour and a half 'til webcast begins - then you just have to sit through 2 hours of other stuff until the main event!

Like a car crash - you dont want to look but you can't look away...
I think Kai was outta line. But it was good to see some bickering nonetheless. If I was all the other competitors I would of been pissing myself laughing.

I think Kai was outta line. But it was good to see some bickering nonetheless. If I was all the other competitors I would of been pissing myself laughing.

Kai is a master of marketing himself - be it in a bad way or good way - good or bad publicity - does not matter - if people are talking about him then its a good thing.

Do you think that Phil dedicating the win to his late father was a tactic to put the mental pressure on the judges and provide a good opportunity for an 'inspiring story'?

I'd like to see Kai win an O, what concerns me is that the Weider higher-ups will take the opportunity to make Phil their great champion and Kai the greatest underdog to never win an O - great marketing for Weider.

Do you think that Phil dedicating the win to his late father was a tactic to put the mental pressure on the judges and provide a good opportunity for an 'inspiring story'?

I'd like to see Kai win an O, what concerns me is that the Weider higher-ups will take the opportunity to make Phil their great champion and Kai the greatest underdog to never win an O - great marketing for Weider.

I honestly dont think it was.

Lets be honest the Mr.O is a docudrama to a degree I believe - there is always a "champion" and also the underdog fighting through life - is it possible that the Mr.O is the longest running docudrama in history...

Anyone watch the pre-judging?
Apparently Phil was off, so was Kai but not as much as Phil. May have a new Mr O.