• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So it hasn't been mentioned again since Fadi said it but the US gun death figures are skewed due to over two thirds of them being due to suicide.

I knew a girl that was only 24, she hung herself in her apartment, the parents are suing the people she worked for

I have no fear of guns von
I"m just trying to look at this objectively, something that an ardent gun owner would have dificulty in doing.
And I'm talking about US gun laws here not ownership here in Australia
No civilian needs to have military auto weapons and why would someone need to be able to walk out in public with a weapon, either concealed or open carry, are they expecting a bunch of injuns to come riding.
Then you see idoits on youtube walking down the street with a rifle slung over their shoulder egging on cops when they are stopped and questioned, sprouting their bullshit right to carry firearms.
I can understand a bloke wanting to keep a firearm in his home for protection or going down to the gun range for recreation but to be able to walk out in public with a firearm is stupidity

Agree, I don't think I would be comfortable carrying in public or seeing a fat powerlifting retard walking down the street with an Armalite over the shoulder. But if the constitutional lawyers say its okay, and I was a flag waving American citizen, then hey, whatever. At least I would be allowed to carry some sort of shoulder fired missile or ICBM or whatever the constitution allowed me the freedom to carry if I felt it would help.

you also have to love how the nra folk just blindly ignore the "in a well organised militia" part, because it doesnt suit them

The key here for Americans is the constitution.

some very much believe in it, it gave people control and a right to defend themselves.

This is key. This and the love of personal freedoms Bozo raised are deeply ingrained into American culture. Australians have no concept of how some Americans view this as we have a vastly different history and culture. Americas history has predisposed them to these perspectives.

Yeah there are a lot of open carry fuckwits who seem to like testing cops by walking down the street with an AR strapped on their back. They don't help the cause. Same as those who advocate for 0 regulation at all because SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Personally I wouldn't want any would be crooks or terrorists to know I'm packing until it's too late.

There are a lot of people who do not trust their government or law enforcement like we do here, given the historical context, I'm hardly surprised. To say it's outdated is silly, is the right to free speech also outdated?

You can actually own fully automatic machine guns (made pre 1986) and 'destructive devices' in the US (short barreled rifles, sawn off shotguns, grenades etc)- each one requires a $200 tax stamp to the ATF, an extensive background check, and some states ban them anyway. They tend to be owned by collectors and investors. There is 1 recorded crime with one that I know of, and that was in 1988 by a cop. Apart from the whole 1986 thing, a fair trade off IMO. Despite what people think, an AR-15 is not used by any military in the world, as it is only semi automatic.

They also are caught in the interesting conundrum that guns are so prevalent in their society, having gun free zones paradoxically makes people less safe, as evidenced by every single well publicised mass shooting in the last 20+ years.

Some states also let you buy 80% finished lower receivers so that you can create your own 'ghost guns', which seems to jive well for the paranoid!

I can't see any issue with being allowed to own firearms for self defence and concealed carry, especially here where you have to be a fairly upstanding member of society to get even an AB licence let alone Cat H, and if you fuck up, guns go byebye until you see a magistrate.

This is key. This and the love of personal freedoms Bozo raised are deeply ingrained into American culture. Australians have no concept of how some Americans view this as we have a vastly different history and culture. Americas history has predisposed them to these perspectives.

We all should realize America had a civil war, why?
you blokes need to wake up

right to bare arms is as out dated as slavery.

all the bs pro gun people spew is simply motivated from their own selfish desires to own guns. as vonfram
said it makes his dick move, that is the only reason he wanfs gun.. the rest is just crap. could atleast be man enough to admit it.

If it didn't make my dick move I wouldn't do it. There, said it. Do I meet your standards of manliness now.....

actually couldn't give a fuck. Do whatever you think you can do in your powerless life that will make a difference to the way I enjoy my freedom.

The key here for Americans is the constitution.

some very much believe in it, it gave people control and a right to defend themselves.
Defend themselves from? I'm in no way disagreeing with you here, simply pondering over your post. In the name of defending themselves, people (the majority of whom are suicide related) are being blown away. Based on the available statistics, it seems to me that the gun itself has become the enemy in this instance. Some may argue that a mentally disturbed person (suicide) would have reached for a knife if a gun was not available. Perhaps so, I don't really know. Perhaps a suicide by gun is viewed as a quick and easy way out solution when compared with an object like a knife or a rope. So many questions that need a solution, where do we begin?

Defend themselves from? I'm in no way disagreeing with you here, simply pondering over your post. In the name of defending themselves, people (the majority of whom are suicide related) are being blown away. Based on the available statistics, it seems to me that the gun itself has become the enemy in this instance. Some may argue that a mentally disturbed person (suicide) would have reached for a knife if a gun was not available. Perhaps so, I don't really know. Perhaps a suicide by gun is viewed as a quick and easy way out solution when compared with an object like a knife or a rope. So many questions that need a solution, where do we begin?

suicide is a terrible thing

whats your point fadi.

Fadi: also to defend from government tyranny. Might sound ridiculous to us in 2016, but it has happened many times in the past.

As for the well organised militia, in the context of the constitution it means owning the firearms required to resist tyranny via the government (aka the Army), not about the creation of a fighting force. The Second Amendment is possibly one of the most heavily analysed pieces of the Constitution. "The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it."

I was thinking the other day of what an incredible responsibility it must be to concealed carry; to know that any situation you get involved with could potentially end with someone being killed.

Intersting fact on suicides in Australia. Since the gun buy back, suicide by gun has decreased. But suicide rates overall have increased. I'm sure if we banned ropes it would still be the same.

We all should realize America had a civil war, why?
you blokes need to wake up

This doesn't excuse or diminish the problem however. There is a problem, doing nothing will not achieve anything. I get the impression that many don't acknowledge there is a problem. Maybe Wayne LaPierre has the answer - more guns in schools!

While the jingoist people salute the flag and prepare to defend their god given (2nd amendment) rights, the rest of the developed world is in awe of their stupidity.

Intersting fact on suicides in Australia. Since the gun buy back, suicide by gun has decreased. But suicide rates overall have increased. I'm sure if we banned ropes it would still be the same.

There was a drop in firearm suicides after the NFA that wasn't replaced by other methods, though some would attribute that to coming out of the economic doldrums of the early 90s.