• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Out of those 30,000 or so death related to gun violence (as told by Obama), 21,000 or so of those deaths were suicides related. Which brings me back to the point I made earlier (as did the president), that if we can lock our phones with a code or a fingerprint, why not apply that same technology to guns? At least, if Von's gun/rifle (a responsible gun owner) was to get into the hands of a child or a lunatic, or a mentally handicapped person, it would not fire unless his (Von's) fingerprints were recognised etc. What do you gentlemen think?

Last edited:
please think it through. How many rounds should you be allowed to have in the magazine of your hunting rifle?

why so many? Surely a muzzle loading flintlock is better suited and much safer if Sam Lee gets her way.

how many guns should you be allowed to own - why so many? Why do you need to keep the gun in your own house, wouldn't it better if we just locked them up at central repository?

these are examples of the natural progression that would follow when ownership restrictions are applied.

The numbers on stolen guns from lawful gun owners - 0.05% of licensed firearms wind up in the wrong hands. That's one in 2,000 that is stolen and that includes guns that were stolen before the current nation-wide storage regulations came into force.

Of of course the anti gunners don't like the government statistics and would like you to believe that every criminal has a machine gun, stolen from gun owners and gun shops.

This natural progression theory holds no water. I think the status quo as it is now represents as fair-a-compromise for all parties as we can hope for. Let's face it, are recreational hunters and club shooters really that disadvantaged by not being able to use semi auto rifles (fun and general awesomeness factor aside)? I would suggest that those who think yes should spend some time honing their skills. Let's face it, the pump factor is a moot point, 7 shot lever will do the job (although I confess the Standard Manufacturing DP12 gives me a hard on). Democratic law making will always be a compromise. I'm not au fait with Sam Lee, I will have to have a look.

I think Society would be a lot safer if we shot Baz and Von.

Mexico, Brazil, Phillipines.

Plenty more in the list of countries with higher gun homicide rates than the USA.

Don't come crying to me when the supermarket shelves are bare.

When I see stuff like this, it reinforces that joining the NRA was the right thing to do.

I guess as Vonfram has already mentioned several time, the US is so socially different to here it's not funny.

I've seen two different studies that came to the conclusion that our gun grabbing in 96 did bugger all to the amount of gun murders, suicides maybe. Yet Democrats and lefties over in the US seem to think that a mass confiscation there is a panacea for their real issues over there (like people killing each other over stupid stuff). I believe their real goal is the same as it was here - to destroy the legitimate gun culture.

I found Obama's crocodile tears to be absolutely disgusting; the NRA are up in arms because the current NICS system does not have accurate data, nor are felons prosecuted for attempting to buy firearms. Therefore an expansion of the background check system is losing more liberty for little to no benefit. Many Aussies have a hard time fathoming just how important individual freedom is to Americans as well. I think that it's commendable that the US isn't ruled by emotionally driven legislation like Australia is.

It does amuse me that Chicago, New York, and California have huge gun violence issues, yet very strict regulation on lawfully owned firearms.

Our media is partly blame for the negative perception of firearms by many here, due to only ever running negative stories about guns, almost never letting any pro gun views go (but plenty of time for pseudo academic Phillip Alpers and the shills from Gun Control Australia), some of the stuff they come up with is just incorrect. The whole hiding that you're a shooter etc thing is a fallacy as evidenced by the amount of legally owned firearms that get stolen. The other part of this is that every time there are calls for MORE regulation in Australia, it vindicates the NRA about gun control being a slippery slope towards complete confiscation.

Fucken Bozo is a member of the N.R.A. [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];

Ah fuck. I can't stop laughing. :D

I wish we had an Aussie NRA tbh, none of the shooting organizations here are anywhere near as forthright as they are with sticking up for the rights of shooters.

In regards to the whole no semi auto thing, it pisses me off that I can own a 1911 .45 pistol for Service Pistol comps, but I can't have an M1 Garand or an SLR/FN FAL for Service Rifle. I would even be happy to do the whole attendance requirement BS. I also did write this in a recent submission to the Attorney General.

Last edited:
Out of those 30,000 or so death related to gun violence (as told by Obama), 21,000 or so of those deaths were suicides related. Which brings me back to the point I made earlier (as did the president), that if we can lock our phones with a code or a fingerprint, why not apply that same technology to guns? At least, if Von's gun/rifle (a responsible gun owner) was to get into the hands of a child or a lunatic, or a mentally handicapped person, it would not fire unless his (Von's) fingerprints were recognised etc. What do you gentlemen think?

it would be impractical to retrofit such devices to the hundreds of millions of firearms on issue, plus removing the control of the firearm from the shooter via the interposition of such a device might actually be more dangerous. The main tenet of safe firearm operation is - control by the user.

No-one who is not supposed to have access to my firearms would be likely to be able to gain access to my firearms or ammunition. I've had a lot of advice on how to best secure my hard-earned possessions. Then there's a good chance there would be someone in the house or in one of the firearms-owning neighbours premises who might not like the idea of somebody trying to rob from me.

Or arguing with people who have an irrational fear of inanimate objects. Or arguing with people who have zero investment in the debate to start with.....
I have no fear of guns von
I"m just trying to look at this objectively, something that an ardent gun owner would have dificulty in doing.
And I'm talking about US gun laws here not ownership here in Australia
No civilian needs to have military auto weapons and why would someone need to be able to walk out in public with a weapon, either concealed or open carry, are they expecting a bunch of injuns to come riding.
Then you see idoits on youtube walking down the street with a rifle slung over their shoulder egging on cops when they are stopped and questioned, sprouting their bullshit right to carry firearms.
I can understand a bloke wanting to keep a firearm in his home for protection or going down to the gun range for recreation but to be able to walk out in public with a firearm is stupidity

right to bare arms is as out dated as slavery.

all the bs pro gun people spew is simply motivated from their own selfish desires to own guns. as vonfram
said it makes his dick move, that is the only reason he wanfs gun.. the rest is just crap. could atleast be man enough to admit it.

I have no fear of guns von
I"m just trying to look at this objectively, something that an ardent gun owner would have dificulty in doing.
And I'm talking about US gun laws here not ownership here in Australia
No civilian needs to have military auto weapons and why would someone need to be able to walk out in public with a weapon, either concealed or open carry, are they expecting a bunch of injuns to come riding.
Then you see idoits on youtube walking down the street with a rifle slung over their shoulder egging on cops when they are stopped and questioned, sprouting their bullshit right to carry firearms.
I can understand a bloke wanting to keep a firearm in his home for protection or going down to the gun range for recreation but to be able to walk out in public with a firearm is stupidity

yeh because belieig every armed criminal is out to get you and break into your home to rape your family, or the feds are coming to steal your land and your god given rights isnt at all irational...

right to bare arms is as out dated as slavery.

all the bs pro gun people spew is simply motivated from their own selfish desires to own guns. as vonfram
said it makes his dick move, that is the only reason he wanfs gun.. the rest is just crap. could atleast be man enough to admit it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Johnnie Walker again.

The key here for Americans is the constitution.

some very much believe in it, it gave people control and a right to defend themselves.

Knew an Australian who moved to the States, was into the survivalist lifestyle. Had weapons you would get locked up for years for here. Shot his girlfriend then himself a couple of years ago.

Congratulations on another good thread [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION];

I'll bid thee all a goodnight.