• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Come in here to enjoy the sweet science of Boxing with my brethren and get caught up in an internet argument. sadman.jpeg

but you clearly dont enjoy thr sweet science of boxing or you wouldnt be saying what your saying..

"i want to watch slow fights where its easier to see what they are doing" sweet science?

I do like to watch all divisions except Strawweights and Flyweights or any weight where they tend to just stand there and throw a lot of punches without doing any damage doesn't really appeal to me.

Yes, Heavyweights are easier to see what they are trying to do because they aren't as frenetic usually.

As soon as Tyson caught up with him it'd be goodnight I'd say.

well he's never been knocked down as a pro, so my bet is he would take a fair bit of punishment before he does, and in that time could dish out plenty.

yeh tyson would beat him, but your average heavyweight wouldnt

In the 12th round Ketchel floored Johnson with a right hand. Johnson got up and knocked out Ketchel with a right uppercut.[SUP][5][/SUP]
Kethcel and Johnson were rumoured to have been friends and to have gone gambling together as well as hit the brothels together, they shared a love for women. Ketchel and Johnson planned to fight together, but because ketchel was shorter than Johnson, he wore long coats to conceal his platform shoes to add height. The set up a script for their fight and stretched it out 20 rounds. The reason for this was that each man was interested in making money off the fight. A 20 round fight would guarantee boxing fans would pay to go to local theatres to watch the replay of the fight. Ketchel was offered more money if he deviated from the plan with Johnson and after 10 round of following the script Ketchel he swung a surprise punch that Johnson didn't expect, knocking him down.Upon regaining his feet, Jack Johnson knocked out Ketchel with a blow full in the mouth. Ketchel did not wake up for many minutes and some of his teeth were knocked out by the blow, some imbedded in Johnson's glove.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Neanderthals only relate to sheer muscle size.

^ this from the person who said they wouldn't join P.A. coz the members were too educated :D

Anyway, at the risk of giving Johnnie Walker an excuse to argue, this was one of the greatest Middleweight bouts ever. An EPIC War.

Both fighters made the same Campbell Soup TV commercial before the fight. The winner of the fight had their commercial aired after the fight, saying that the other guy (the loser) would be eating Soup tonight.

I'm gonna troll you kunce with some of my favourite bouts.

Hagler's last fight. "I told you about Vegas baby. I told you about Vegas". Hagler still thinks he won the fight I'm guessing. Gotta Marvel at Marvelous Marvin Hagler's tight Boxing skills. This was Leonard's comeback fight. He trained for a year for this fight he claimed.

yes, stiffy, speed (not size) is king in most sports. good work JW. you have him beat. boxing much bigger than heavyweights.

yes, stiffy, speed (not size) is king in most sports. good work JW. you have him beat. boxing much bigger than heavyweights.

Yes "speed kills" is the saying and its true in Boxing. But like I said, I watch any weight category except fights where the fighters are too small to do any real damage and they just walk through punches. Heavyweights are good coz they are a bit slower so you can see what they are doing easier.

I think there are too many divisions, but I enjoy watching good fights in any division. and some little guys can really punch; I have seen 60kg guys hit the bag much harder than I ever could (speed, strength and skill).

Speed does kill. Jeff Fenech recounts the story of a former Canterbury Bulldogs Prop (I assume weighed somewhere around 110kg) who started doing Pro Boxing. This Footballer/Boxer called Fenech out at a function or something ( @Shrek; might know). They went to the car park. 60kg ringing wet Fenech versus some Footballer/Boxer almost twice his weight. Fenech dropped him quick.

I had an encounter with a loud mouth ex-Army dude once. He must've been 6'4 120+kg bald head and all. I weighing around 90kg at the time, grabbed my sparring gloves and said lets go on this Schoolyard Basketball Court. Kunt didn't lay a glove on me, I just moved and slipped. After a minute I said "OK" and threw a short counter left hand. He dropped to a knee. He quit. Also sparred with Security folk who weren't that big but were fast.

Speed does kill!

Last edited:
The Heavywight Champ is regarded the no one fighter of all divisions it's like comparing formula V to formula 1 both can have excellent drivers but why bother with the light weight