• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
boxing is about skill and speed. heavy weights rarely have either. not sure what you have been smoking..

also incase you forgot physics, power is speed X mass.. so you need speed. its no coincidence that the best fighters in the world have been some of the fastest.

the two greatest heavy weights were also probably the fastest, tyson and ali. which was also half their appeal as they didnt fight like big fat slobs

Last edited:
boxing is about skill and speed. heavy weights rarely have either. not sure what you have been smoking..

Theres a reason why the Heavyweights usually draw the biggest crowds and get paid the most my argumentative friend. Coz theres an on the edge of your seat excitement knowing that one bomb could end it. That's why Tyson was so popular.

But I'm not arguing that skill and speed etc aren't exciting, they are. But your point about Heavyweights not having skill or speed is ludicrous and just argumentative.

Theres a reason why the Heavyweights usually draw the biggest crowds and get paid the most my argumentative friend. Coz theres an on the edge of your seat excitement knowing that one bomb could end it. That's why Tyson was so popular.

But I'm not arguing that skill and speed etc aren't exciting, they are. But your point about Heavyweights not having skill or speed is ludicrous and just argumentative.

no heavyweight has the hand skills of some of the lower weight class greats. and just because the un-educated masses enjoy watching a brawl doesn't really prove much about which is better boxing. and by the sounds of it a brawl/someone getting hurt is all you want to see as well.

its like people hating on maywhether because he is boring, yet the boxing skill he shows is incredible.

so are you watching boxing because you want to see skill or just want to watch someone get beaten up..

also i think you are living in the past if you think heavyweights draw the biggest crowds and get paid the most. when was there even last a heavyweight fight of note, 10 years ago? yet two welter weights was the biggest fight in history

no heavyweight has the hand skills of some of the lower weight class greats. and just because the un-educated masses enjoy watching a brawl doesn't really prove much about which is better boxing. and by the sounds of it a brawl/someone getting hurt is all you want to see as well.

its like people hating on maywhether because he is boring, yet the boxing skill he shoes is incredible.

so are you watching boxing because you want to see skill or just want to watch someone get beaten up..

Not saying the lighter weights can't be just as good to watch, its just the ones where they swing at each other wit no resemblance of Boxing doing no damage, aren't really Boxing.

If Bazza were here he'd argue with you, and argue with you and argue with you. But I haven't got time to.

also i think you are living in the past if you think heavyweights draw the biggest crowds and get paid the most. when was there even last a heavyweight fight of note, 10 years ago? yet two welter weights was the biggest fight in history

Its a Mike Tyson thread ie. the past.

arguing_on_the_internet_2.jpg

best boxing era I can remember as an adult was for middleweights: sugar ray leonard, hagler, duran and hearns. they all had great boxing skills and considerable power.

also in reality heavy weight matches dont have that many big knock outs in 1 punches.

infact a heavyweight is the hardest weight devision to KO someone. the heavier you are, stronger you are and thicker your neck..the less your brain is going to rattle about in your head

also in reality heavy weight matches dont have that many big knock outs in 1 punches.

infact a heavyweight is the hardest weight devision to KO someone. the heavier you are, stronger you are and thicker your neck..the less your brain is going to rattle about in your head

Don't let the truth get in the way of your desire to argue JW. But that statement above is B.S.

Looking at the UFC title fight K.O.s by weight division:

Heavyweights - 61%
Lightheavyweights - 51%
Middleweights - 40%
Welterweights - 32%
Lightweights - 25%

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-championship-crunching-the-numbers-updated

As you can see, the lower the weight the less percentage of Knockouts. And yes, that percentage is also reflected in pure Boxing.

But I'm sure you'll come back with another erroneous argument, Strawman or try to win by attrition!

All things being equal; place a heavyweight and a middleweight in a ring together.

How would that go?

I'm no boxing fanatic, I don't know anything about the sport, but I can appreciate a good fight, what I think I like seeing is a level of skill and athleticism.

There is nothing better than watching two big heavyweights battling it out.
All the other weight divisions i don't really care for.

then surely the fighters with the highest ko % should be heavyweights?

http://www.boxingscene.com/highest-knockout-percentages-among-current-champs--80362

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...hters-most-likely-to-knock-out-their-opponent

shame the evidence doesnt show that. so by % of ko's for a figter, heavyweights dont have the most. so remind me again why heavyweights are more exciting?

and no idea why u keep trying to bring ufc into this.

Bwahahaha

We are talking by division not individual fighters. And UFC is a reflection of Boxing.

but no one watches every fight in a division.. people watch the "big" fights. and of the most famous/popular boxers the biggest ko's dont come from heavyweights..

you clearly dont know dick about boxing hence u keep trying to bring ufc into it. how many of those ko's are a kick or knee..?

You just want to argue or win an argument by any mean Johnnie Walker.

tumblr_m0q1bwqvIs1rqnbfjo1_250.gif

All things being equal; place a heavyweight and a middleweight in a ring together.

How would that go?

I'm no boxing fanatic, I don't know anything about the sport, but I can appreciate a good fight, what I think I like seeing is a level of skill and athleticism.

There is nothing better than watching two big heavyweights battling it out.
All the other weight divisions i don't really care for.

depends which middle weight. ggg? think he would drop quite a few heavyweights tbh

You just want to argue or win an argument by any mean Johnnie Walker.

tumblr_m0q1bwqvIs1rqnbfjo1_250.gif

whatever, anyone who is actually into boxing can see your posting drivel.

highest ppv, not heavyweights

highest ko % for fighters, not heavyweights

and you havnt posted any proof that heavyweights have the most knock outs per devision.

they are slower and less athletic.

so i reallt dont get how u can talk like heavyweights are the hieght of boxing.