• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

might need to find a new gym

been trying to educate a local concil member about what equipment for the gym and how to compete with other gyms in the area

council member said they should just get rid of the council gym and stick to aquatic centre as it will cost a pretty penny to get the gym upto scratch and not ethical to compete with gyms that pay rates

ask her who said it would cost a pretty penny she said the gym needs new machines as the old ones are old , told her that muscles don't give a shit how old a machine is , gave her a quick run down on free weights and told her to come to ausbb for free consultation on what equipment to get for the gym

as for competing with other rate paying gyms , i told her that the council gym had been there way before the other gyms opened up in the area , if they were complaining about having to compete the gyms should've taken that into consideration when they were doing their business plan

in my town with a population of 35000
there was 3 gyms , one targeted hardcore workouts , the other two targeted the average lifter

then along came fernwood

then 3 24/7 gyms opened up

as well as 2 private by appointment gyms

and as of recent i found out that there is a crossfit box/gym hidden away

so 9 gyms in the area

with the rumour that another major gym is going to be opening up in an old warehouse and wipe everyone out

10 gyms for 35,000 people hey?

In my old town of Burnie, 2 gyms were there for 25,000 people haha

mind you that with the amount of fat fuckers around town you can tell that only a small fraction use the gyms , and the amount of people who complain about parking because they can't park right out of the front of the shop door

sheppartons population is over 60k according to google maybe you'll have to strike out and open a rural PTC

sheppartons population is over 60k according to google maybe you'll have to strike out and open a rural PTC

60000 is the population of greater shepparton which covers all the out laying towns (Arcadia, Congupna, Dookie, Grahamvale, Kialla, Lemnos, Merrigum, Mooroopna, Murchison, Tallygaroopna, Tatura, Toolamba and Undera. )

those towns all have their own gyms so i didn't incude them , shit if i included them the total amount of gyms would be blow out

not sure why people think it's a good idea to open up another gym in an already saturated market
first thing i was taught in high business management was to do your research before opening up a business , if there is already competition in the field move on unless you can provide something the others lack in

besides which if i was to open up a gym i certanily wouldn't be buying into a franchise