• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

might need to find a new gym

The thing that shits me about the show is the contestants that need the most help and dont lose enough weight are booted off

The thing that shits me about the show is the contestants that need the most help and dont lose enough weight are booted off

The thing that śhits me is the unrealistic weight loss expectations its gives people. For starters a week on the show is more like a couple weeks real life and then they have all day to train.

People lose 1/2 kg in real life and think that is a failure when they watch biggest loser. When really its much better and sustainable than crash dieting on 1000 calories of food and 5 hours of exercise a day.

The amount of people I know who fall into this category is mind boggling. Lazy fuckers! But I bite my tongue and not say anything, otherwise I won't have any friends.

Most overweight people I know fall into this category. They manage to join a lot of gyms and think that's what makes you lose weight but never actually go to the gym longer than a week.

They jump from fad diet to fad diet with binges in between but never manage to say on a diet for more than a week. I know one woman. Started a diet. Said she ate breakfast and lunch healthy so treated herself to a family pizza for dinner. Then surprised when she doesn't lose weight. Couldn't even last a day.

They say they don't eat much but seem to forget half the food they are actually eating.

Blame genetics. It's not the genetics its what you keep shoving into your face.

Most overweight people I know fall into this category. They manage to join a lot of gyms and think that's what makes you lose weight but never actually go to the gym longer than a week.

They jump from fad diet to fad diet with binges in between but never manage to say on a diet for more than a week. I know one woman. Started a diet. Said she ate breakfast and lunch healthy so treated herself to a family pizza for dinner. Then surprised when she doesn't lose weight. Couldn't even last a day.

They say they don't eat much but seem to forget half the food they are actually eating.

Blame genetics. It's not the genetics its what you keep shoving into your face.

too true, or they will eat not that much but forget the soft drinks and a bottle of wine everynight... oh drinks dont count... lol like fuck they dont alcohol is the worst

saw a really good one on that show "embarrassing fat bodies" the fat family were arguing that they had big bones. so they went and all got scans and so did the skinny/in shape doctor, it turned out that the fat family actually had thinner, lighter and weaker bones than the doctor haha thats your big boned theory blown out the water. it was hillarious watching their faces when she told them the results

Last edited:
They manage to join a lot of gyms and think that's what makes you lose weight but never actually go to the gym longer than a week.

I know one woman. Started a diet. Said she ate breakfast and lunch healthy so treated herself to a family pizza for dinner. Then surprised when she doesn't lose weight. Couldn't even last a day.

This it, the chick that just got her operation used to join a different gym every time, pay a years membership and then joined some boot camp and went once, obviously got no results, so surgery was the answer:rolleyes:

I remember her dieting and if she lost a kilo she would 'celebrate' on the week end by having a crap load of take away and getting wasted drinking cocktails, putting it all back on.

t
saw a really good one on that show "embarrassing fat bodies" the fat family were arguing that they had big bones. so they went and all got scans and so did the skinny/in shape doctor, it turned out that the fat family actually had thinner, lighter and weaker bones than the doctor haha thats your big boned theory blown out the water. it was hillarious watching their faces when she told them the results

That's a classic:p

It's a reality TV show, ya gotta expect the very worst off camera every time.

I am thinking of a program to 'help' people in the 'I have tried everything' situation by them getting some time off work and have a government funded 'Health person' visit them every day for a few weeks to exercise, make some proper food etc, then progress to every evening after work for a week or two to check on progress and food preperation/cooking etc.

Would be a heap cheaper than getting a gastric band or operation, and far more healthier.

I also find it silly a government gym would want to pay this guy to go there to increase numbers, if the gym did a series of 'open days', corporate plans and advertising it would be more effective

reality tv which isn't possible in the real world, it doesn't make sense to me.
I laugh when people ask me how I lost 60kg like its a big mystery, move more and eat less simplessssss.

I believe it's all about mindset, you have to train the way you think. If I even look at maccas for instance, I'll automatically think if I eat this, all my hard work in the gym and the past few months have been wasted so I won't touch it. I have work barbeques every couple of months and I don't eat anything, I have my own food before hand. A colleague asks me don't you have cheat days. Maybe once in a blue moon but I can think of alot better food to have a cheat meal on rather than 98 % fatty snags.

Another colleague has gone on a juice diet as a "detox" type thing for a week then slowly introduce regular food. Being a tradie we are active so he doesn't see the point that eating ok 5 days a week is fine but its useless when you go all out on the weekends.

I believe it's all about mindset, you have to train the way you think. If I even look at maccas for instance, I'll automatically think if I eat this, all my hard work in the gym and the past few months have been wasted so I won't touch it. I have work barbeques every couple of months and I don't eat anything, I have my own food before hand. A colleague asks me don't you have cheat days. Maybe once in a blue moon but I can think of alot better food to have a cheat meal on rather than 98 % fatty snags.

Another colleague has gone on a juice diet as a "detox" type thing for a week then slowly introduce regular food. Being a tradie we are active so he doesn't see the point that eating ok 5 days a week is fine but its useless when you go all out on the weekends.

If it works for you that is great and don't change anything but in my opinion for most people this type of dieting sets you up for failure.

Its not realistic for most people. It sets them up for constant yo yoing of all or nothing dieting.

If Maccas ( just an example) is someone's favorite food and they are told Maccas is bad you cannot eat it on a diet. It's only a matter of time before most people crack. When they do it usually leads to a binge because they broke their diet so may as well blow out. Then it just leads to an all or nothing cycle of binge dieting. A more sustainable way is to allow people to diet and still fit their favorite foods in.

It's easy enough to lose weight even eating something as shitty as Maccas. just eat less Maccas.

If Maccas ( just an example) is someone's favorite food and they are told Maccas is bad you cannot eat it on a diet. It's only a matter of time before most people crack.

Anyone who's favourite food is Maccas needs help, or has no taste buds:p just driving past a Maccas and smelling it makes me feel slightly ill.

Anyone who's favourite food is Maccas needs help, or has no taste buds:p just driving past a Maccas and smelling it makes me feel slightly ill.

Funny u say that, every time I touch it, I feel fkd afterwards.
I mean even one cheese burger that my kids left. Thought I was allergic to the shit.

Not my favorite food but I like Maccas. Never feel sick after.

I do feel very ill after mushrooms, zucchini and broccoli though. That shit isn't even food in my opinion.

I can't even think of any fast food that taste remotely appetizing according to my taste buds. Nothing beats home, cooked with love, meals.

I can't even think of any fast food that taste remotely appetizing according to my taste buds. Nothing beats home, cooked with love, meals.

You need to try Oporto... That shit is the bomb. Shame there's only a couple in Perth :(

no longer a rumour been confirmed Commando Steve and Leisel Jones along with tyley hudson from xfactor and life guards on stilts

woot fucking woot