• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

McDonalds, KFC etc

harry1970

Elegantly Wasted
I used to live on fast food, usually knocking it back anywhere from 4-6 times a week. I reckon I've eaten my way through the entire menu of Maccas, KFC, Hungry Jacks...:eek:

For the last 6-7 months my diet has been pretty much meat, fruit, nuts and veggies more than 90% of the time. Mostly cooked by me, lots of herbs - I love my food so it needs to taste great.

Had a situation the other day where my lunch was prepared for the day, but I got called out on a job and come 3.00pm I hadn't eaten since breakfast and I could have eaten someone's arm off.

Swang into the drivethrough of Maccas and order large Lamb Burger combo, cheeseburger, 6 nuggets and chocolate sundae. Tasted great as it went down in about 5 minutes, but man I felt really crook afterwards. Haven't drunk soft drink for the longest time, I ended up with headaches, farting like a trooper, gut pains and overall felt like shit.

Made me wonder how I ever survived on that type of food. It's amazing how your body "adapts" to what you put in it. Sometimes I get bored with eating chicken breast, and my brain starts teasing me on how good a quater pounder would tatse...

Having said that my home made hamburgers are totally awesome. Now I'm not saying I'll never eat fast food again, but it's amazing how crappy it can make you feel if you're not used to it.

Just reading that makes me want to go via Macca's drive through and smash 2 Cheese burgers....lucky its not 10:30am yet :p

But agreed, I have also come to the point sometimes where I smash one of these meals and then regret it afterwards.

Old habits die hard I guess.

Just reading that makes me want to go via Macca's drive through and smash 2 Cheese burgers....lucky its not 10:30am yet :p

But agreed, I have also come to the point sometimes where I smash one of these meals and then regret it afterwards.

Old habits die hard I guess.

^^^^^this happens to me way too often as well,need to remind myself that
I wont like it before I go

i Find its more a feeling of guilt then anything- If i didnet care about my health and weight ect i would have no problem smashing it every day.

Heck for about 2 weeks i was seriously addicted to getting a Large double quater pounder meal from maccers everynight...... I live litrally around the corner from Macers, KFC, Subway, Oporto.

i can only eat fastfood if i can log it and it fits into my macros for the day. Otherwise i think all my hard work it goneeee

i Find its more a feeling of guilt then anything- If i didnet care about my health and weight ect i would have no problem smashing it every day.

Heck for about 2 weeks i was seriously addicted to getting a Large double quater pounder meal from maccers everynight...... I live litrally around the corner from Macers, KFC, Subway, Oporto.

i can only eat fastfood if i can log it and it fits into my macros for the day. Otherwise i think all my hard work it goneeee

Yep I agree its the guilt. Don't worry about the guilt, if you are going to eat fast food enjoy it.

^^^^^this happens to me way too often as well,need to remind myself that
I wont like it before I go

Then again don't beat yourself up to much about it, by the sounds of it you were having one of those days (shit and hungry as fuck). We have all been there.

Just don't make it a habit or lazy option all the time and try best compensate with your daily intake that day.

Oddly when I do have one of these meals (maybe once every 2-3 months) it just refocuses my goals and I train harder, eat better as a punismemt.

I have junk food 1-2 times a week, I still enjoy it but I agree, I feel crap afterwards...especially after HJ's...

A mate of mine who is a serial maccas eater had not eaten a cheeseburger for months, actually had one for the first time, he was telling me how beautiful these bastards are, so convincing, it made made me buy one at 3:30 the next day.

Just the smell put me off, I started hoeing in regardless, all I could taste was the bread, and the bucket loads of mustard and sauce.

Still hungry and dissatisfied I went home and ate an apple.

I have a magpie at home, she arrives at 5:00 every evening and we have fun handing feeding her.

It is interesting to observe the types of food she eats and how excited she becomes when she sees real meat in the hand.

She doesnt like dog food.

It's it taste, nutriotinal value, guilt?

I totally agree. It's not a guilt thing for me as if it fits the macro's then it's all good body comp wise.

On Sunday I was at the zombie walk and the only food available was Domino's & churro's. I normally get the low fat domino's pizzas but the ones they were serving were like American spec greasy. Had one slice and 2 churro's. I swear my energy levels peaked for about 30mins and then I just hit the wall. It was lucky I just had to dordle around like a zombie though :p

Lesson learnt for me: eating no food makes me feel better than eating shit food. (that doens't mean I won't eat fast food ever again but if I go to maccas or something I normally just get a grilled wrap. Tastes good and doesn't make me feel like shit)

I have junk food 1-2 times a week, I still enjoy it but I agree, I feel crap afterwards...especially after HJ's...

Im similar to this, Hj's l dont feel too bad after so long as l dont eat too much of their 'bread'. If l eat KFC though it's game over, makes me feel like shit the whole day.

Kfc makes me feel ill if i havent had it in a while.

I could eat maccas / hj's / pizza everyday of the year.

Hungry Jacks is by far the worst, their food is shit and makes me feel like shit - even worse it makes me take a shit and that ain't pretty...

Goosey that's hilarious. I thought I was the only one who experienced the Magipie at the door. They arrive around the same time in the afternoon (seems as though they have brought the family along sometimes 2-3 rock up). They enjoy the moist bread we give them. If you don't answer they start chirping. If that doesn't work, they tap on the window with their beaks. Funny bastards. They're getting a tad fat though.

I have actually got a video recording on my phone from about 4 months back of the bastard at the door. if I could be assed i'd upload it

Last edited:
Hungry Jacks is by far the worst, their food is shit and makes me feel like shit - even worse it makes me take a shit and that ain't pretty...

What are you eating at HJ's to make it worse then KFC? Rapey gets himself either a bacon deluxe meal thing or a cheesy bacon tendergrill meal thing. I feel a lot better after eating that then l would from eating some greasy kfc chicken

KFC is one place i refuse to eat at now.... Always feel yuck after eating there...

Maccas & HJ burgers, kebabs, opporto burgers and chicken, pizza are all on my list of foods Ill happily eat...

What are you eating at HJ's to make it worse then KFC? Rapey gets himself either a bacon deluxe meal thing or a cheesy bacon tendergrill meal thing. I feel a lot better after eating that then l would from eating some greasy kfc chicken

i love me a freshly made HJ burger -

But then again i could eat KFC chicken and chips, gravy every day....Ow wait.....I worked there for 2 years and did eat it every day :)

twisters are also the goods, but KFC burgers are rubbish.

Speaking of burgers, Anyone from sydney had Burger Fuel? not sure bout other states. but thats stuff it good.

and there sweet potato chips are the mickey.

KFC is one place i refuse to eat at now.... Always feel yuck after eating there...

Maccas & HJ burgers, kebabs, opporto burgers and chicken, pizza are all on my list of foods Ill happily eat...

something about optorts i just hate....... i only ever get ther chicken strip packs, Great macros on them but a bit pricey.

kebab- havent had one of theos bad boys in months. Might do some homade ones this weekend with woodfired BBQed lamb, Yiros style malaka's