• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

He may have as a little kid at the zoo, but obviously he has no recollection as he wouldve been real young. I dont recall if he has.

The only thing that would make it better would be to have family and friends with us

well the blues lost by 5 points,spiros' shoulder pulled up sore maybe because he did twice as many reps than nick(waits for nick ) but thanks to nicks new AD that i started i love cream with my protien drink,and i can have cheese and what double 1/4 pounders no buns il take 3 thanks.lol

You got me by 1 or 2 reps, with your reps starting 6" off the shoulder and the ever present spizza leg drive!
Posted via Mobile Device

HaHa 6 inch off my chest should be harder,leg drive i stand with my legs so wide with my pants up so you can see how easy those 8 went up with a bung shoulder

Last edited:
nick your 4 and one 5 to my 8s and how many sets? around 8 thats a lot more reps,i have kids your age lol,i love training with you il get so strong mate.see you next week.:cool:

Last edited:
Markos,Jesse had an awesome game of basketball today he scored 15 points one of them was a 3 pointer and he only missed 2 shots and they won by heaps don't remember the final score though.

Max wishes he could be as good as Jesse at Basketball.

I just watched a Canadian lifter, Jay, squat 310kg @ 100kg, then bench 207.5kg, he hopes to pull 310kg as well, go close to 830kg raw at 100kg.

Can you say F U C K

The Russian I was talking about earlier with the benching in the warm up room is 20yo, he benched 235kg

Ha! Oh you silly Russians be so ca-ray-zeeeeeee..

But seriously. That's nuts. Though I guess you'd kinda expect some strong folk to rock up at the Poweliftings Worlds.

Max and I both saw the best raw lifter at these worlds, would be one of the best around.

Jay Nera went 310/207.5/320 total 837.5kg @ 100kg

He obviously won best lifter.

Lots of controversy, he smoked a 330kg deadlift but was redlighted. He watched my video and doesnt know why, it got hot in here. There were a few other calls that went against the Canadians that didnt please them, a review of the video when we get home may clear it up a little.

Three Canadian lifters dominated.

Willy went 245/170/310 total 725kg @ 81kg

Glen went 255/227.5/307.5 total 790kg @ 87kg

Jay went 310/207.5/320 total 837.5kg @ 100kg

Max has a pic with all 3, he towers over them, I'm not kidding.

Biggest deadlift of the comp was 340kg.

Best bencher was a Russian, he benched 185kg @ 75kg, no arch at all, amazing.

I love how inspiring and humbling this and the IPF Juniors/Sub threads are. Some seriously seriously strong folk. Got a lot of catching up to do.

How's Max doing now? Still a bit burned out?

Good pics on Max's facebook.

That pic of him with will harris is awesome. Max actually looks like a twig!

Great reading Markos, look forward to hearing some stories on wed nights guys...

Since ive been living under a rock so it would seem...

Congratulations to both Max and yourself Markos.

Was there many other Aussies there?