• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

All the PTC crew have sent their forms to Laurie Butler, he then has to send them to the referees, then he scans them and sends them to Amy Jackson in America.

Great system that, winner.

Currently, the only thing keeping us at CAPO is the WPC and the crew in the States.

I just ignore the record boards and results.

Its 5 weeks since the Nats, and the results have the weight divisions OVER 90kg missing from the results, no Gawain, no Derek Boyer, no Jason Durbridge.

How f u c k i n g hard is it. I'm sure everyone is convinced I'm simply a pest, I dont even bother contacting anyone to get stuff corrected anymore.

I spoke to Amy about how we can fix this rubbish, its a blight at the moment. Its up to her now as far as the Worlds goes.

....vese internet machines are pwiddy compwex cweatures Markos...

PTC, I'd like to ask you a question.

Max's back rounds quite a lot in his deadlifts. Is this not bad form and dangerous when lifting such heavy weights?

Note, please do not get angry, I'm am not attacking you or your coaching, I'm just asking for justification, because I've been taught that lifting like that is dangerous.

Also, is there any reason that Max does high-bar squats rather than low-bar? I was under the impression that you can always lift more weight with low-bar.

Thanks dude, I'm just trying to learn. BTW, Congrats on how strong your son is (and will be), I'm sure you are very proud.

Max doesnt lift simply to move more weight, otherwise he would alter his squat and bench technique.

Max began lifting for sport, so he will always lift to be a better athlete. He trained the Olympic lifts before he ever did bench press etc.

Dont be too concerned about back rounding. Try and pick up an atlas stone without rounding your back. Max's back rounds higher up, not lower, just like his idol KK, who deadlifts 420kg without a belt.

BE VERY CONCERNED about back rounding.

Rounding of the lower back when lifting heavy weight can and will lead to serious injuries. Kelly, Alen and myself among others have the busted discs to prove it. Max has also had lwr back problems, though initially this was due to olympic weightlifting rather than deadlifting. The upper back rounding in the deadlift is no so much of an issue.

Markos you said max has altered his bench because a lifter said he was leaving kg's on the platform, he changed his wrists and you said he is moving his grip out. No doubt he's still lifting for sport, but that sport is clearly powerlifting.

He hasnt gone out to the rings, he's simply not doing close grip benching anymore lol

The wrists have nothing to do with athletic ability Nick, unless you know something I dont?

Max has NEVER hurt his back deadlifting.

One injury, sitting at the bottom of a snatch for 10 seconds, well documented on here.

Alen's was caused by the bar drifting out, he is totally healed, pulling 200kg off 10cm block.

Bar drifting away is infinitely more dangerous than back rounding

Nick should know about back injuries, he has hurt his pressing a keg, squatting and deadlifting, so far the bench press has been safe, fingers crossed.

The point is he changed his technique (albeit slightly) because he was leaving kg's on the platform. Perfectly sensible considering he competes, and wins at the highest level of powerlifting.

If you're back is flat and the bar drifts you are still unlikely to get disc bulge, particularly when the disc bulges backwards as mine and allens did. Id rather have the bar drift with my back flat than have any back rounding. Check out how round he is here, of course he popped a disc when the bar drifted, it was bound to happen.
92.jpg

The bar never drifts with Kelly but his back rounds slightly. Next he collapses on stage with a back injury. Back rounding not bar drift.

Maybe when I start moving decent weight on the bench I'll injure my back, lol.

Hey guys just wanted to chime in i started saving every penny ive been making to get there in febuary. Nothing is gunna stop me from making it there. Markos you have to find a place for me top get a tattoo i picked out one i wanted to get and why not get it while in there to commemorate my trip to the land down under. Ill be keeping in contact talk to you later

You f u c k, email me your address and check your emails once in a while, i have that hoodie for you

f u c k head need i remind you i sent you this email like three weeks ago and i quote
"Hey Markos,

I hope the rest of your trip went well. I talked a little bit to Max about coming to Australia. I think i have dates picked out hopefully they work out for you if they don't just let me know. The dates are February 9th, 2011 that is a Wednesday so i would actually be arriving in Australia Friday, And then i would leave the 20th of February, 2011 that would be the following Sunday. If thats to long of a time i'm sure i can shorten it. I do appreciate the invite and i hope it will still stand a few months from now. I enjoyed our conversations, my address is 604 John M. Clawson, MI 48017. Thanks again i hope to hear back from you soon."

Notice the 604 john m. clawson MI, 48017

cant wait to get those hoodies

Super Funny, Super Mason, next time make your address clearer, something like

Super Funny Super Mason
604 John.M Clawson
MI USA 48017

Is that correct, because it makes no sense out here

write it just like this if its not i wont get it.

Super Funny Super Mason
604 John M.
Clawson, MI

The postal system here is kinda crazy but thats how it has to be on the package