• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

Max, all we have to say at Ruccis Gym is

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

congratulations mate, and to you too Markos.

If anybody ever had doubts about your training style, if this cannot change their mind, they need a labotomy.

images-1.jpg

awesome achievment max!!!! you must be crazy proud markos!!! an awesome effort by both of you!!!!! safe trip back guys!!

Once again thank you.

KK is not here. I was chatting with the MASSIVE Russians, they say he's more interested in work, no money in powerlifting.

These guys are MASSIVE. They had an 11yo girl in the bench comp, she benched 40kg.

Max watched a guy in the warm up room yesterday, he's not competing (I think). He was benching and did this

135lb x 5
225lb x 5
315lb x 5
405lb x 5
495lb x 5

How f u c k e d up is that? Thats 225kg x 5, for shits and giggles.

Max and I just got back from lunch at the Snake River resaurant, awesome little place, food id so cheap here. I think I've had my 250th burger so far lol

Lifting earlier was John King, he squatted 245kg @ 90kg, deeper than I've ever seen anyone squat, I got some great videos.

Have to say, Max and I are missing EVERYONE back home, and I'm really missing Nina and the kids. I'm going to do everything in my powers to bring the whole family next year.

I had a long session with Linda and Mike, the promoters and Amy, she runs the WPC. we talked about a lot of issues, I'll post up later, I'm going to watch some more lifting, the Masters is still on, with those crazy Russians.

News just in for Nick.

Reverse grip benching is legal in WPC, I just filmed a guy do 200kg I think it was, maybe 210kg.

I was chatting with a massive Russian, I asked him if he was lifting in the open tomorrow, he said just the bench.

i asked how much he benches, he had to think for the translation, then he said

two.......three........five........kilos. This guy is maybe 5'5" and 140kg at a guess

The Russians are a level ahead and they appear to love raw lifting, theyve really embraced it, I think it really fits in with there culture and lifestyle.

I forgot to mention that a female lifter, 53yo, weighing 82.5kg, deadlifted 212.5kg yestrday. She is a legend in the sport and actually has the 7th highest deadlift in history in the 90kg class, around 245kg from memory, thats equipped, yesterdays was raw obviously.

I have some extremely funny stories and pictures that only PTC lifters will hear and see, I'm not interested in public comment on them sorry, I wont be posting them on any forums nor discussing it on forums. I'm not sure everyone is as open minded about things as I am.

Going to watch, more later

Go the Blues

Kelly, you would do really well here.

I've just come back from dinner with Mike & Linda Higgins, the organizers, and Amy Jackson, who runs it all. There is a good chance next year it will be a 5 day event, the Raw & Equipped Worlds, held together.

Your coming Kelly, start saving.

Its hard to convey how awesome it is to walk out of your motel room, and everywhere you go in this unbelievable motel is powerlifters, its like a powerlifting town.

Without being a smartass, the Aussies are always the most loved here in America. Max and I are greeted everywhere we go, everybody knows the Aussies.

Max and I were going elsewhere for dinner, when the organizing commitee and officials FORCED us to go with them. It was a dinner I wont forget.

I have made some incredible contacts here, we have opened doors for lifters to come and compete here in the future in a host of different events, much more on this later.

I am hoping that we could get at least 6 lifters from PTC, maybe 10-12 overall for the raw and a similar number for the equipped. Mike and Linda are salavating at the thought.

they asked my opinion on the comp, and being the wall flower that I am, I was hesitant to speak up lol

Only 2 issues, one relating to this comp and one to WPC.

They should never have allowed pound plates in the warm up area of a Worlds. They acknowledge that. Americans simply dont get kilos.

The WR application is a farce, period. I told them how I would fix it.

We discussed eliminating token lifts so a lifter can break a particular record, they are just as passionate about that as I am. Its immoral.

A lifter MAY have torn his bicep deadlifting 250kg today, I have video of the lift.

I have spent many hours with an icon and legend of the sport, Gordon Santee.

He lifted today in the 67.5kg class and pulled 207.5kg. Thats a great lift.

The fact he is 63 makes it even better

A 62yo lifter, John Wolbers went 182.5/157.5/245 @ 96.5kg. John is from Canada.

That is very impressive lifting raw.

Thirty bucks a week put aside will cover the airfare to Idaho Falls, thats nothing.

I would never do it from LA again. A 15hr flight is enough, adding a 15hr drive couldve cost Max the Gold, plus Idaho falls in Summer is awesome.

I'll definitely fly straight to Idaho next time and go see Yellowstone National Park and Jackson.

Good to see it's all going well. I doubt I'll be reverse benching much longer, I did some heavy mp with spiz yesterday and the shoulder was fine. Another few weeks I'll be back on the bench, must be the 50 fish oils a day I'm taking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats great news Nick, how is Spiros' shoulder ?

Max has been listening to horror stories from lifters here, pointing out all their scars etc

Max has made a friend in a young girl called Geri. At 44kg she has benched 120kg equipped. He has been taunting her about the fact she wont squat, shes a firey little thing.

At dinner tonight, she agreed to do the Worlds in the 3 lift next year.............if Max does it equipped lol

Max agreed. this will be interesting, her father, Jon Cunningham is sending me some suits and shirts, as well as giving him some pointers for geared lifting.

I'll wait and see if infact Max does start wearing equipment. I suppose the fact he has won a Worlds raw, he can look at it as a new challenge. I've got my doubts.

He can start by wearing knee wraps on squats, which I'm glad if he does, his squat action is suited to knee wraps.

Can you suggest that the worlds are held in Texas in November next year? I would be happy with LA or North Carolina though. As long as its in November no earlier.

It will be in September in Idaho Sean.

November is very cold in USA in most states, the climate in September is perfect lifting weather, thats a major consideration here in the States from what I gather.

they laugh when I told them Melbourne had their coldest winter in 15 years, with the tempature hitting 35 Farenheit. They live at around negative 30.

they cant believe Max has never seen snow, or a kangaroo lol

I'm actually listening to triple M football as I'm typing, Blues need to lift their game.

A guy in town today asked if he could check out my tatts.

He was impressed with my sleeve on my right arm. He asked who the artist was. I said Giovanni, and I started to tell him where Giovanni was from, he stopped me and said he knew all about Giovanni, and couldnt believe he was seeing on of his pieces in the flesh.

When I told him it was an original, as I had no input, this really blew him away, as like me, he collects the art and allows artists to do what they like.

Like me, he makes sure the artist does the kind of work he likes, then he hunts them down and has them do an original.

His jaw dropped when I told him it was also free hand, with no stencil.

I had a lifter take a heap of pics of it today from many angles, he too was really impressed. His name is John King, he later tore his bicep deadlifting.

...Max has never seen a Kangaroo. Seriously? Fair dinkum!

Sounds like you guys had a blast and showed them what the Aussies can do. Congratulations to both you and Max, all that training has paid off.