• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Legal Stimulants

Yeah I'd say that is true. Joel I think you should give DC training a shot :p

A bigger muscle makes you weaker?

Max is saying that making the muscle stronger will make it bigger.

As to your question I didnt answer it because of how stupid it is. A beginner will get results just by lifting. All the other fluff is a waste of time for beginners. Save it until you need it.

If a beginner needs 8 servings of jack3d to pump themselves up to squat the bar they need to take up another hobby.

Hahahaha. No, meaning getting stronger = bigger muscles, as a generalization.

Yeah that's what I thought lol

Max is saying that making the muscle stronger will make it bigger.

As to your question I didnt answer it because of how stupid it is. A beginner will get results just by lifting. All the other fluff is a waste of time for beginners. Save it until you need it.

If a beginner needs 8 servings of jack3d to pump themselves up to squat the bar they need to take up another hobby.

Why is it stupid? You can't make statements then not back it up when someone calls you out on it. It's not a case of "needing" stimulants it's getting the best quality workout possible which is a good thing if you squat 80lbs or 800lbs. Again, where do you draw the line? What is "good" for beginners and what is "bad"?

Yeah that's what I thought lol

Why is it stupid? You can't make statements then not back it up when someone calls you out on it. It's not a case of "needing" stimulants it's getting the best quality workout possible which is a good thing if you squat 80lbs or 800lbs. Again, where do you draw the line? What is "good" for beginners and what is "bad"?

I can't answer for BAZZA, but I think the point he is trying to make is that there are a 100 other/ more benefical 'products' that someone should look at using, as most 'beginners' think that (Stimulants) is what is 'needed' even if they don't actually need it per se.

That is what I think he is trying to say. Correct me if I'm wrong BAZZA :)

Last edited:
I'd agree with that, a lot of beginners can think that they need something to get a decent workout and that isn't true by a long shot
But it doesn't mean that stimulants shouldn't be taken by beginners by any means

Yeah I'd say that is true. Joel I think you should give DC training a shot :p

Why?

Of course your always wanting to get stronger im not saying you wont or you shouldnt - as your muscles grow so does your strength. Im just saying you dont need to deadlift 300kgs or squat 300kgs to be big or to get big...

I agree that diet plays a huge role - but someone doing a smolov program will not have the same sort of growth and development than if they were doing a bodybuilding style program.

This is easily seen when you see how powerlifters (most of them) look diff to bodybuilders, or bodybuilders look diff to oly lifters etc etc.

Last edited:
Why?

Of course your always wanting to get stronger im not saying you wont or you shouldnt - as your muscles grow so does your strength. Im just saying you dont need to deadlift 300kgs or squat 300kgs to be big or to get big...

I agree that diet plays a huge role - but someone doing a smolov program will not have the same sort of growth and development than if they were doing a bodybuilding style program.

This is easily seen when you see how powerlifters (most of them) look diff to bodybuilders, or bodybuilders look diff to oly lifters etc etc.

Powerlifters look like they do because of the assistance they do mainly. Also a lot of bodybuilders get great results from DC training, a guy your size would blow up pretty fast on it. Even as a beginner I added 15kg of muscle (not even sarcoplasm either) in a year doing rest/paused assistance with a strength routine and I wasn't even trying to gain mass :p

Why?

Your muscles get bigger due to PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD. That comes by either increasing the AMOUNT of the load on the muscle in either time under tension or weight.

If you have increased the time under tension for a certain load, you have INCREASED your strength and that leads to MUSCLE GROWTH. Not back to front.

You can not continue to lift the same amount of weight for the same amount of time and expect to grow. I was in denial about that as well, but if you want to continue to grow, you must continue to get STRONGER in either fashion.