• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Legal Stimulants

Yeah I am so mad. No sorry I mean confused. Confused that you need stimulants when your are beginner squatting sets of 85kg and deadlifting 90kgs.

But anyway keep doing what your doing.

I'll take stims if I want, you aint gone do shit about it either. Were all here for the same reason, to lift. You got a problem? Take it else where, your no tough guy. I take stims when I need a bit of a kick if im tired even though I physc myself up and got pounds of motivation behind me.

And yeah, I will keep doing what I'm doing buddy, things are going great for me and coudln't be happier.

And like I said, were all here for the same reason, to lift.

Lol...rip in fellas....I'm gonna enjoy this thread and you ain't gonna do shit about it.

I'll take stims if I want, you aint gone do shit about it either. Were all here for the same reason, to lift. You got a problem? Take it else where, your no tough guy. I take stims when I need a bit of a kick if im tired even though I physc myself up and got pounds of motivation behind me.

And yeah, I will keep doing what I'm doing buddy, things are going great for me and coudln't be happier.

And like I said, were all here for the same reason, to lift.

Why do you think I care what you do or take. Take all the stims you want, I just said I was confused at why a beginner needs all that shit just to train.

They way you said it mate, confused that im a beginner taking stims?

What difference does it make whether I'm squatting a stick off a tree or 300kg when it comes to stimulants?

wtf happened in here?

If any lifting any weight wants to take a stimulant, they are definitely welcome to it.

Even when lifting light weights, you could be tired from work or something.

I love how ppl on this forum talk about how much you lift - who gives a fuck how much you lift unless your a competitive powerlifter - its the way your training makes you look that matters - I dont think I could bench 120kg atm but I look like I could bench about 200 lol.

Im still waiting for you to post some pics Bazza......

I love how ppl on this forum talk about how much you lift - who gives a fuck how much you lift unless your a competitive powerlifter - its the way your training makes you look that matters - I dont think I could bench 120kg atm but I look like I could bench about 200 lol.

Im still waiting for you to post some pics Bazza......

How much you lift is a pretty good guide to how advanced you are wether you want to get stronger or look better.

Like I said before I don't have any semi nude pics of myself and call me strange but i have a general rule I don't post semi nude pics for random blokes on the net. I find it weird you want to see pics of me. Creeps me out a bit actually.

How much you lift is a pretty good guide to how advanced you are wether you want to get stronger or look better.

Like I said before I don't have any semi nude pics of myself and call me strange but i have a general rule I don't post semi nude pics for random blokes on the net. I find it weird you want to see pics of me. Creeps me out a bit actually.

Strength has nothing to do with how you look really - I know guys who can bench 200+ kgs but look like shit where as I know guys who only bench 100kgs and look fantasic.

Theres plenty of guys on this forum that are strong mofos but hardly look like they train.

I agree how strong you are is a good guide to how advanced you are in regards to strength training but not bodybuilding.

Because you seem to offer alot of advice and question alot of ppl and I just want to see if you are backing up what your saying. Its a bodybuilding forum mate therefore pics of memebers isnt a weird thing at all - its weird that you wont post pics but are happy to be involved with a bodybuilding forum. Your somewhat contradicting yourself.

Strength has nothing to do with how you look really - I know guys who can bench 200+ kgs but look like shit where as I know guys who only bench 100kgs and look fantasic.

Theres plenty of guys on this forum that are strong mofos but hardly look like they train.

I agree how strong you are is a good guide to how advanced you are in regards to strength training but not bodybuilding.

Because you seem to offer alot of advice and question alot of ppl and I just want to see if you are backing up what your saying. Its a bodybuilding forum mate therefore pics of memebers isnt a weird thing at all - its weird that you wont post pics but are happy to be involved with a bodybuilding forum. Your somewhat contradicting yourself.

Someone benching 60kgs isn't advanced in bodybuilding. Show me how many successful bodybuilders who are very weak.

Don't feel bad Joel I just never post pics on the net. Never have, never will.

Someone benching 60kgs isn't advanced in bodybuilding. Show me how many successful bodybuilders who are very weak.

Don't feel bad Joel I just never post pics on the net. Never have, never will.

There are plenty of bodybuilders that will not train heavy...its not about the weight lifted but about how you stimulate that muscle to grow.

I believe hugely in trying to lift as heavy as possible to gain muscle but saying that theres no connection between a 300kg deadlift and the way you look.

I was 3 x as stronger last yr but looked 3 x as bad as I do now...

I know national level bodybuilders that wont deadlift over 140kgs, or bench over 120kgs but they are 90-95kgs on stage lol

Strength and bodybuilding are totally different things of course your both lifting weights but in regards to growth and development theres no real connection.

There are plenty of bodybuilders that will not train heavy...its not about the weight lifted but about how you stimulate that muscle to grow.

I believe hugely in trying to lift as heavy as possible to gain muscle but saying that theres no connection between a 300kg deadlift and the way you look.

I was 3 x as stronger last yr but looked 3 x as bad as I do now...

I know national level bodybuilders that wont deadlift over 140kgs, or bench over 120kgs but they are 90-95kgs on stage lol

Strength and bodybuilding are totally different things of course your both lifting weights but in regards to growth and development theres no real connection.

I know bodybuilders don't train for pure strength. But to say there is no connection at all is just total bullshit.

Show me a bodybuilder who is hasn't increase his strength at all from the first time he stepped into the gym.

I know bodybuilders don't train for pure strength. But to say there is no connection at all is just total bullshit.

Show me a bodybuilder who is hasn't increase his strength at all from the first time he stepped into the gym.

Of course there is going to be an increase in strength as a bodybuilder gets bigger - purely because your increasing the size of the muscle - which in turn is making it stronger.

But just because your big doesnt mean you'll be strong and just because your strong doesnt mean you'll be big.

Theres no connection on muscle size and muscle strength. Its how that muscle is stimulated in training to determine how a muscle grows or how a muscle becomes stronger. Thats why there is such a huge difference in how ppl train from a bodybuilder to a oly lifter etc...

I deadlift 3x bodyweight and don't even look like I lift
I agree with Joel but also disagree, you get growth based on adapting to a new stimulus and this can be one of many factors, increase in weight, a different exercise, a different tempo, changing the grip etc etc

But I also think if Joel took 6 weeks to increase his bench 1RM, when he went back to doing hypertrophy work he would get a lot bigger a lot faster. The stronger you are, the longer you can put your body under new stresses.

Also Bazza, you didn't answer my question; Why should beginners not take stimulants for their workouts? Should they not take creatine, beta-alanine or protein either? Where do you line? Is drinking green tea acceptable or eating a breakfast high in tyrosine? What about supplementing tyrosine? That binds to the same receptors as amphetamines, can a beginner therefor take them?

I guess what Im saying is you dont need to be strong to get big.

Always have you foundation but as someone who wants to get big you dont have to worry about how much weight is on the bar.

The key to how someone looks is the DIET. Don't get me wrong training DOES play a part, but if you are '3 x Stronger' but look '3 x times as bad' that comes back to your diet being 3 times as bad.

Growing muscle on the other hand, if you look at from a Natural Trainers point of view, getting stronger will go hand in hand with progression of gaining muscle. If you continue to train with the same weights in the same rep ranges year in year out, you will not grow beyond your current status.

To get FULL muscular development and for fill your potential you must incorporate both forms of hypertrophy training.