• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Legal Stimulants

0ni

Registered Rustler
Need a bit of kick in my workouts! What's legal here? Where can I get the following?

Tyrosine: Looked around a few places, pharmacies, coles etc. One staff member said I should look in a "health food shop" whatever that is. Any Aus equivalent og Holland & Baratt?
Vitamin B6: Need 50mg tablets, I assume I can buy this in the pharmacy?
Caffeine tablets
Dimethylamylamine: Saw Jack3d on the shelves, so I assume you can either buy this herbally or in a powder?
Ephedrine: Prescription only here, any herbal equivs? Pseudoephedrine?
Fish oil en masse: Need to take 30g a day (2 tablespoons). Anywhere I can buy a big bottle instead of paying $4 a day to chuck down 30 capules?

Cheers

Caffeine and DMAA is a good combo, you can buy them raw or most pre workouts have them. Works wonders, Bulk Nutrients has got pure DMAA powder now aswell as Caffeine.

Cool, I can't buy anything online atm, got anywhere that you know where I can look to buy these things? I'm in a bed and breakfast at the moment as I just moved to the country (expensive as fuark) and can't order anything until I get a job and order it there or move house (which I can't do until I get a job!)

100mg Caffeine tablets can be bought at Woolies (no doze).

My local Priceline Pharmacy sells Fish oil capsules at $9.99 for 400, thats about 75 cents for thirty 1000mg capsules.....or eat plenty of tuna:)

Bulk Nutrients also sell caffeine and other stimulants in bulk.

Don't know about the rest.

i would not reccomend taking no doz pre training.

For about a month i would pop about 4-5 pre training, then my heart hurt a bit, so i wouldnt reccomend it.

Pre workout is bullshit, your body gets used to it fast and u gota take more, or its just full of carbs

Very easy to build a tolerance, but Superpump/Jack3d give you a bit of a buzz. 1MR is pretty potent stuff. Don't pay more than $40 for it. 1MR lasted me quite a while.

i would not reccomend taking no doz pre training.

For about a month i would pop about 4-5 pre training, then my heart hurt a bit, so i wouldnt reccomend it.

Pre workout is bullshit, your body gets used to it fast and u gota take more, or its just full of carbs

4-5 :eek: Surprised you did not have a heart attack or stroke, I guess some people just do not read the simple instructions on the box, so you would not recommend a product because you abused it and did not follow basic instructions:confused:

No carbs in BN Pre Workout.

I used to take 10 sometimes...

I would have thought you would just about die:eek:

That's a LOT of caffeine, I seriously think that can not be good for you in any way shape or form, I used to have one when I worked a night shift sometimes and I felt really really tired and it used to get me through the night:rolleyes:

10? I'm sure each tab is 200mg. You're lucky to be alive. That's 2g of CAFFEINE!

Maybe they were 100mg each? Still 1g should have you buzzing and palpating!

Surely you're trolling?

100mg per tab.

Id take about 5 30 mins before then 5 just before I trained.

Got a good buzz no bad side effects. Got alot worse off 1MR lol.

I was pretty stupid and would never rec to any1 lol

I've taken upwards of 1g of caffeine before, never pre-training though. I used to do a lot of drugs and noticed a few people complaining about tolerance to stims, especially DMAA and caffeine so I have a little trick for you all:

When your tolerance starts building, take 5g of vitamin C a day for a few weeks (spread out in 1g doses) and your tolerance will go way back down. I discovered this great trick after speed started costing me too much :p (drug users will always find ways to get the most out of their drugs lol)

I bought 100g of l-tyrosine today for $25 from a local pharmacist who custom makes supplements to order. What a find! My usual caffeine dose pre-workout is 200mg, but that is in conjunction with ephedrine. Any info on pseudo? I don't really like going into pharmacies and asking if they sell a boatload of different stims lol

People, please do not take so much caffeine.
300-400mg would be more than sufficient.
Please let sanity prevail.

Man in Britain you could get these generic energy drinks from TESCO which were 1 litre and dosed at 32mg/ml

Cost £1 as well lol

Bazza, just took 3 scoops of the BN pre workout, u mad?

Seriously, stimulants DMAA and Caffeine together work wonders. I get a decent mental high from it and it mentally pushes me to my absolute maximum limit when I'm feeling tired.

Bazza, just took 3 scoops of the BN pre workout, u mad?

Seriously, stimulants DMAA and Caffeine together work wonders. I get a decent mental high from it and it mentally pushes me to my absolute maximum limit when I'm feeling tired.

Yeah I am so mad. No sorry I mean confused. Confused that you need stimulants when your are beginner squatting sets of 85kg and deadlifting 90kgs.

But anyway keep doing what your doing.

Because taking stimulants is fucking awesome that's why, I remember the first time I benched 80kg (lmao!)

I had been stuck at 60kg for a while, I took tyrosine, B6, ephedrine and caffeine pre-training and really learned what "max effort" was. My ears popped, vision blacked out and the weight took a good 10 seconds to get up. I stopped caring and just did "what I had to do". It's not about how much you can lift or if you're a beginner, it's about being able to really push yourself when you have to. Everyone has off days, if you don't then you're just not pushing yourself hard enough. Studies have shown that 3g of tyrosine injested pre-workout improves max strength by 6%! And that's the average!

Besides, bloodshot eyes look better anyway