• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

I'm not the one who kicked someone out of the gym for drug use, mate.

"If you lift in a federation where drug use is not allowed, and you use drugs, I will kick you out."

I dont see a problem with that. If the lifter competes in PA or WL and tests positive in a drug test who do you think is going to be included in the blame. They gym, the trainer etc.

Ok fair point about the monolift being safer Fuzzy, I honestly have no idea, having never used anything other than a power cage for squatting, and never having a spotter, just safety bars.

I guess I would be most interested to see if there was any significant differences between weight lifted by a particular lifter using IPF equipment and rules to say GPC. I assume you'll respond with there isn't.

All things being equal (which is damn near impossible between the two main feds), you can squat more with a mono cos you are not having to deal with the walk out. It may not seem like much, but when you are using your max weight, even a slightly soft unrack can destroy a squat, not to mention walking back with it and getting your feet placed right. There can be a huge amount of energy leakage (if I can use that term) with a sub standard unrack and walk out.

Lets face it, if there was no advantage, they would not be used.

I have heard, not sure if true, that the first monolift was made after a guy in a comp had the spotters push/tilt the stands forward so that he did not have to walk out. Obviously he knew that he would squat more without the walk out.

I have heard, not sure if true, that the first monolift was made after a guy in a comp had the spotters push/tilt the stands forward so that he did not have to walk out. Obviously he knew that he would squat more without the walk out.

This is true. It was Fred Hatfield lifting 1,014lbs (461kg) in 1987. It was more than anyone had ever squatted at that time. This was the only video of it I could find. While he was an IPF lifter, this was at a special non-sanctioned meet in Hawaii called the World Record Breaker's Meet purely put on to break 'all-time' world records. The monolift was in fact invented to allow more weight to be lifted, not for safety reasons.

[video=youku;XMjMxMjE5OTQ4]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxMjE5OTQ4.html[/video]

The monolift was in fact invented to allow more weight to be lifted, not for safety reasons.

[video=youku;XMjMxMjE5OTQ4]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjMxMjE5OTQ4.html[/video]

Correct, but no one can argue against them being safer.
It's also easier to run meets with a mono.

10472016_1417884708501306_1355874859_n.jpg