• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

If he had two wheels he'd be a bicycle

83721c8ffeae79b6cef39556bb2b301a94d2f9db42380520de87ca7a50a947fb.jpg

typical PL thread is typical lol...

No doubt that guy is insanely strong no matter which way you put it.

Thing is though, why do these other federations insist on Monolift / wraps, and squatting the bare minimum amount of depth (from the videos I've seen, mainly PTC)? Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests (and less drama / argument over records or judging) to have everyone across feds doing the same movements in the same way? This is from a non powerlifter POV, so don't flame me.

INB4 0ni calls me or someone else a "fucking retard".

>why do athletes lift in the most efficient way in a sport where the goal is to lift the most weight

Thing is though, why do these other federations insist on Monolift / wraps, and squatting the bare minimum amount of depth (from the videos I've seen, mainly PTC)? Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests (and less drama / argument over records or judging) to have everyone across feds doing the same movements in the same way? This is from a non powerlifter POV, so don't flame me.

Why would someone purposely squat far lower than the rule book requires if the aim of the game is to move the most amount of weight?

To avoid any dispute over whether depth is reached, I was under the impression that it's also better on the knees to go lower.

its a fine line between getting convincing depth that pleases the judges ,the audience and fellow competitors and squatting the biggest number possible.
Personally in my mind,being 1 mm under is technically a good squat but its hard to judge.
or im just getting old and need glasses?not sure.

twhy do these other federations insist on Monolift / wraps, and squatting the bare minimum amount of depth (from the videos I've seen, mainly PTC)?
Same reason they don't all test for drugs, or they have single lift meets. Because they want to lift more weight.
Wouldn't it be in everyone's best interests (and less drama / argument over records or judging) to have everyone across feds doing the same movements in the same way?
But then they would lift less weight. And it'd be much harder to get people in the "top 10 squats of all time", etc.

If you can say, "we had a guy total 10 times his bodyweight" or "we had a guy total over 1,000kg" or "we had a guy squat 1,000lbs", this brings you glory and fame. The vast majority of people won't know the difference, they'll just see someone with a fucking humungous weight on their back or in their hands. The people who know the difference either don't care because they use a lot of that stuff too, or else they don't use it and don't think much of it, but these people are not the targets of the marketing - it's the wider public who don't know the difference.

Long-term it'd be better to toss aside all that stuff and just lift. Short-term you lift bigger numbers. Long-term you get illnesses and injuries (from drugs and equipped lifting) and alienate the general public and potential lifters from the sport (since, as in IPF's equipped-only days, people go "WTF is all this shit?") But short-term you get to put up bigger numbers.

People tend to focus on the short-term. Human nature.

Nonetheless, Kristos is strong as fuck, and did not need dodgy judging to get three white lights.

i dont see anything wrong with equipped lifting,it looks freakin hardcore to me.Im at the stage now where i think in order to progress further raw without getting fatter im gonna have to start wrapping my knees or look to get into a suit.
Not sure.

My god. Kyle and Chris. I think you lads really need to get off the forums and maybe train a little.

Whats ironic is is knowing ONI as I do now. It's amusing as hell watching him drop statements that make you all lose your collective shit. The response his oly comment has been hilarious.

I dont know what Kristos' Max Olympic squat is exactly but he did 5x5 oly style with 160. This is after squatting 260 and front squatted very easy 160ish.

Thank you for the laugh. ONI is now on his way to a 300kg deadlift next year and Kristos isn't done with the 67.5's

we can't impress everyone who prefers super super raw drug free ATg Asian squats without wraps belt or mono.

But then again knowing the average lift of most of the critics here ranges in the 3 plate area we will keep carrying on whilst many of you react hilariously to the best damn troll on this board.

I used to be a mono hating tough guy. Then I opened a gym and ran competitions. Monos are simply the safest option for everyone. Not just the lifter but the spotters etc.

there is is no such thing as minimum depth. Depth is the same. Many federations (including gpc at times) have let high squats pass. Depth is depth. And Kristos squatted to depth. Gave it a little more to make it legit. And left it there. He's after an all time fucking record. Not how many raw raw 152.5kg squatters he can impress on the internet.

I like knee wraps and monos. I like deadlift bars. The overwhelming majority of my gym is drug free. A good chunk would rather compete at my meets than the turd drying boredom feet at PA. Luckily PA made if easy for me by hosting such a boring ass comp but this continuos insinuation that IPF style lifting is the 'right' way and people only do it other ways because they are cheater drug users is rather outdated.

we can't impress everyone who prefers super super raw drug free ATg Asian squats without wraps belt or mono.

But then again knowing the average lift of most of the critics here ranges in the 3 plate area we will keep carrying on whilst many of you react hilariously to the best damn troll on this board.

five plates from this "critic" at the moment, six plates 25 years ago. Yawn........someone makes an association between a parallel depth wrapped squat and a 160kg clean it will bring out the critics. Almost every time I take my son to WL I see "Australian Record" squats from regular weightlifters, no wraps or shit and only a few of them can actually clean 160kg.

Get real, PL achievements are in no way comparable to OL.

Are you thick?

I told you oni trolled you.

I also said 'most' of the critics. You being an exception changes nothing.

I did oly lifting for years. I know the comparisons. Making speculations is completely asinine.

no wraps or shit. Good on you man. You are so super hardcore and raw.

it doesn't take a retard to appreciate the compete differences in the sports.

Thats is why kristos squats in a monolift while max dal santo (comm games oly) snatches. And they spot each other.

Strength is a universal language. Quit getting butt hurt.

I'm not the one who kicked someone out of the gym for drug use, mate.

"If you lift in a federation where drug use is not allowed, and you use drugs, I will kick you out."

That's your standard, not mine. You made it. If it was good enough for the PA guy, why not for everyone else? I didn't tell you to set that standard, nor did anyone else, you came up with it yourself. The GPC constitution prohibits PED use.

Follow the standards which you have freely set for yourself, or change your standards. Either works.