• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

You're a dead set legend Vivi! Not Nana-level legend, but a legend nonetheless. Thanks for this post....much appreciated. :)

I was just thinking the other day that you should be a mod on here. This post just confirms my thoughts.

You bro-girl! :D

G, my legendary status is so stratospheric, I'm freaking MYTHICAL.
Nana used send me fan mail when I was just a toddler ... mwahahaha :p

I just did some KB stuff today - hip thrusts with the 32kg
(great way to an instant flat tummy and permanent damage to internal organs :eek:)
and rows, squats and UDLs. Brilliant workout.
I can no longer feel my legs or butt, but hey....:D

Yep chocco is alright!

lol yeah, i'm kinda 'alright' but only some of the time <cue evil laughter> ;)

G, my legendary status is so stratospheric, I'm freaking MYTHICAL.
Nana used send me fan mail when I was just a toddler ... mwahahaha :p

Yeah, you may be MYTHICAL and all, but you ain't never caught a llama and you ain't no friend of mine.

:D

Yeah, you may be MYTHICAL and all, but you ain't never caught a llama and you ain't no friend of mine.

:D

quit dissing on llamas. llamas are cool. mythical even.

so, are you forking out for some quality KBs, then, G?????

do it...... you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Would be awesome :)
Might check around the net.

I'm sure all the boys purchasing new KBT's will want to try them out :p

G, I'm assuming you can't do anything like pushups or burpees either with that shoulder so not including anything like that.

1. Lots of things you could do, but simple stuff would be

• HIIT/Tabata intervals of one or more things. Sprints (hills even better) or skipping. About 20 mins or so would be great. Easiest solution for conditioning if you're concerned about other stuff.
  • Do a X00 rep ladder circuit. e.g. pick 5 exercises and aim for 500 reps by doing 5, 10, 15, 20, 20, 15, 10, 5. ie 5 of each, 10 of each etc with no rest. Time yourself. You can seriously destroy yourself in 10-15 mins with this stuff. Pick a mix of bodyweight stuff with DB or band stuff that you can do. Step ups, star jumps, squat jumps (ATG and jump high), single leg DLs or squats, lunges with DBs, square band walks, plank walks if you can, etc, cleans, random DB stuff that's OK, anything goes ... lots of ideas on the internet for this stuff too.
  • Timed tabata intervals of swings or a combination of moves are really effective. I love 2min flat out of overhead swings, as many as I can do. Feels like I've been running for an hour :)
    Some of the circuits and ladders in this thread are also awesome. Just sub anything that uses presses.
2. KBs can be a total body workout but most moves will target the glutes and core every time, with hamstrings, quads, biceps and triceps, shoulder, back, etc all targeted depending on the move.

As Kaz pointed out, swings will target the glutes, lower back, core, and hammies if you drive from the hip right. Snatches also require you to drive from the hips as you swing up.

Snatches done with a lighter weight are actually quite good for shoulder rehab in that it drives the shoulder through a big ROM, loosening it up. But whether it's helpful, will depend on the specific issue you have with the shoulder. I find them to be really good (like hitting trucks tyres with a hammer, only less violent :p)
Timed tabata intervals of swings or a combination of moves are really effective. I love 2min flat out of overhead swings, as many as I can do. Feels like I've been running for an hour :)
Some of the circuits and ladders in this thread are also awesome. Just sub anything that uses presses.

Bottoms up KB presses are actually a good thing for strengthening your shoulder, once you are able to press. More challenging than a DB press and it works your core for stabilisation. With rep ranges of 10-15 (I usually err on the higher end), I have found it to have been a big part of gaining more LBM on my left shoulder/arm so that both are now close to even. Always start with the weaker side.

Turkish Get ups are a great full body and serious core workout. The co-ordination you need to do the move correctly makes it a great all round "fix your body issues" exercise. won't grow the muscles but it will help sort out imbalances to assist with doing other weight stuff more effectively.

so true you repeated it twice :p

quit dissing on llamas. llamas are cool. mythical even.

so, are you forking out for some quality KBs, then, G?????

do it...... you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna have to research the exercises properly on YouTube before making a decision. Your post will be VERY helpful Viv... thanks again.

Basically I don't mind buying the 32kg adjustable provided I can get enough exercises out of it (that aren't too damaging to my shoulder). KB swings appeal to me and so do UDLs, but I don't have the blocks. But I'm not gonna buy it just for those 2 exercises. There has to be greater benefit before I part with my cash money. And I'm not really interested in buying a set of them....cbf spending $400-$500 on a set... $170 for the adjustable one is reasonable.

Can we stay on topic of KB's please...

We know that first moment when joy of friends will want to yearn and tomorrow's hope grasps together so that tiny children may realise for the pleasure of gains once forgotten amidst haunting memories.

We know that first moment when joy of friends will want to yearn and tomorrow's hope grasps together so that tiny children may realise for the pleasure of gains once forgotten amidst haunting memories.
What??????

my cheap plastic covered 24kg turned up

24 ,16 and 2x 12
attachment.php

will test it with a magnet later

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 46
my cheap plastic covered 24kg turned up

24 ,16 and 2x 12
attachment.php

will test it with a magnet later

So preeeeeeety :)

My SMAI KB's actually chip if you knock them together. They retail for $4 per kg.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347010071606.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347010071606.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 15
the 2x12 survived 30km coming back on the bike (tied down on the seat in backpack) unscratched.

The cross fit guys started up a Australian League The Australian Affiliate League

LOL Love their classification of elite....

2. Elite Division

For folks who can do most of the RX’d skills but might also be lacking in one or two areas. Let us explain:

If you can do HSPU’s or muscle ups but can’t lift heavy weight = Elite

If you can do heavy lifting but can’t do muscle ups = Elite

If you have overall experience but can’t do double unders = Elite

If you just started CrossFit not long ago but are athletic and competitive = Elite

elite should be fucking elite, not oh you're quite fit so you're elite....

elite should be do the work outs as RX'd and you can do any/all all exercises required for this sport of exercising and hit certain times/numbers..

/endrant haha