• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just a strength poll from another thread

How many lift have you reach in aprox one year? (half the number for women)

• Total voters
just had a little more thought on it and come to the conclusion that those numbers should simply be a goal, something for new lifters to aim for, nothing more.
coz really is there any actual science behind those numbers? or did they just get chosen because benching 100 sounds cool, and the others start to become respectable lifts for someone who has trained for only 12 months?

The numbers have been around for MANY years in America, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift. They aren't dreamnt up by markos as eluded to by some in this thread.

ah i see,

well their still shit
angry-no.jpg

lol im just angry coz i got squat and dl ages ago but still havnt hit bench

As mentioned before unless u have genetic issues/prior injuries stopping u from lifting then those numbers are easy if you lift for powerlifting/strength.
I have a gym full of guys who are 75-80kg and hitting those numbers or close to it in 6months.

Ryan -
If your training for bodybuilding or athletics then its a different matter.
My athletes take longer to hit those numbers. The basketballers i coach have hit both squat/dead but not the bench. Basketballers do not need upperbody as much so i dont emphasize bench too much in their programming.
your a runner. I dont expect u to be benching 100kg in a hurry.

and how much would breaking 1 collar bone in half and the other into 3 pieces about a year apart from each other when i was like 8 have an affect on my bench??

Callen if you can't bench bodyweight after 14 months of training, don't you think something is amiss?
I'd sack myself if a client didnt reach a 2 plate bench in 14 months.

I had 2 new clients sign up yesterday. No prior lifting.
If they beat you to a 100kg bench, you should take up knitting.

Their names are drew and sharpie for future reference.

Quoting for future reference, challenges and laughter.

iv been able to bench bodyweight for a while now....
are your clients both 16 with 6ft arms? if yes, if they beat me to a 100kg bench ill send you my eleiko bar in exchange for some yarn and knitting needles :D:p

Age is irrelevant, gregg benched 110kg x3 at 14.

Sharpy benched 100kg.

Drew benched 95kg.

He should get it soon.

Please bubble wrap the bar mate.

Last edited:
Age is irrelevant, gregg benched 110kg x3 at 14.

Sharpy benched 100kg.

Drew benched 95kg.

He should get it soon.

Please bubble wrap the bar mate.

Well sticky you have to live up to your end of the agreement. Make sure you send Cal his yarn and knitting needles. Lol.

2m wingspan makes it my worst lift by far. I cannot bench bodyweight :(

Took me <6 months to get all 3 btw.

You probably mentioned before sticky, but how big are these new clients of yours?
To go from 0-100 in a short timeframe im guessing they had size on their side?

Were you working their bench specifically for this challenge or all lifts evenly? What are their other lifts up to?

Lol, they are novices. They do full body training.

Sharpy squatted 140, benched 100, deadlifted 182.5

Drew is being tested Friday for programming purposes.

Not a problem.

Drew squatted 40kg to a box for the first 3 weeks. Where Sharpy got into programming from the 2nd session.

Still, cant wait to see him bust his balls.

I took ages more than 2 years. I only just reached the squat and dead in January injury has me back to 120/160. I was adding maybe 15-20kg a year to squat and deads. And maybe 5kg to bench a year..i gained 10+Kg in those 2 years.

my training, and recovery are suspect. Injury fks me over everyyear.

Last edited:
I reached these in 4 months training by myself. You ****s are weak.

Pics here:

5408_117450179811_753089811_2150531_1308349_n.jpg