• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

July Calf Challenge

Nearly finished. I must say it go easier as the month progressed. I hardly get DOMS now.
I have 2 more to go, tonight and tomorrow.

Will take some pics on Wednesday when calves are cold.

KFG has so far done 6 sets of bw calf raises to "failure" today and its only 2:15... He will push that to 10 sets hopefully and ill update then.

Ok. things didn't go to plan on the calves...

Got the shits with work on friday, big time.

Dropped my shit and went home, was very "busy" friday night after work. Forgot about calves.

Saturday was a blur, only slept for 2 hours on friday... all I know is I didn't train calves.

Sunday took the kids to dreamworld sick and tired as hell, cant remember what I did after that.

Have a blister on the ball of my foot (I think it's calf raise related) lymping around at work today. but got 5 sets of statics in..

I have been working them everyday since I last updated the usual 30-40kg seated calf raises with 10-12 reps x4 accept for last Tuesday and Thursday where I did super sets on them (killed my life) so seated 40kg calf raises 12x4, standing calf raises 40kg 12x4,
toe press 60kg 12x4, rotator calf 12x4

31-7-12

Early enough for ya bella

edit. just saw your perfect record has been tarnished twice before...

5 sets of doubles with some singles thrown in for good measure.

I was in my own little calf raise world when at the end of my 2nd set , a saw a co-worker standing infront of my machine watching me... Goddamn it

Last edited:
KFG.

Last day tried to 'push it'

not sure how many bw sets l did on the steps at work today... id assume 5ish till 'failure' then tonight hit the weight.
3 x 20 @ 62 standing bb calf raise
3 x 20 @ 62 seated bb calf raise.

KFG measurements....
Started @ 34.
Finished @ 35.5
Both measurements taken 10cm below knee cap. Jelly.... Bw stayed more or less the same, might have even lost a kg. Picture to follow tomorrow.

I didn't take measurements unfortunately, but I've lost some weight, I know that much.

I took some quick ones, quality is shit house, I'll take proper one's tomorrow in the daytime. But definitely more definition in the calf region, am happy with that!

The DOMS lasted for about a week, give or take a few days (GIVE a few more days!) lol But then went away...strangely, they came back in the final 6 days again. Not so much the raging DOMS of the first week...but sore, like my calf muscles were screaming....lol

For a month though, some decent definition attained. Mission accomplished. I am going to see if I can keep this calf business up :)

These were my calves as tensed as I could get them at the start of July, shit house effort really, but I couldn't actually 'feel' them lol

Jocalvesbefore.jpg

These taken tonight, not overly tensed, just up on my tippy toes again, like in the 'before' shot. Can definitely feel the muscles there now though and a decent amount of definition for 31 days.

Not a bad effort. Sorry for the shitty pic quality, will update properly tomorrow. Was just too curious to see what they looked like on my final day :p

Jocalves.jpg

Jocalves1.jpg

Can definitely see improvement there.

Excellent.... Well done.

Was it worth the effort in your opinion?

Yep, definitely! It became second nature after the first week or so.

In fact I'm going to continue doing calf work, alternating between bw singles and bb raises.

I can definitely feel a big difference and I can definitely see increased definition there.

AND it was fun, because you could do whatever you wanted to do and mix it up.

Push ups are going to suck arse.

Just sayin.

Bella, is it possible to get a picture with the same lightning (same time of day as 1st photo)

edit - just saw you will update it tomorow

Bella, is it possible to get a picture with the same lightning (same time of day as 1st photo)

yep, will take tomorrow ^^^ as stated above lol

Just couldn't wait to see, because I can definitely feel a difference :p

Will get a couple more tomorrow in the daylight ;)