• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jihadist Khaled Sharroufs son holds severed head

Status
Not open for further replies.
you also have to remember that the media is the one's reporting on the muslim spokespersons condemning such acts, especially in the last week when the media has been over run with AFL grandfinal hype , trying to cram stories in that actually have any real value is like trying to push shit up a hill

we don't know what the spokespeople have said to their followers

Hi there Graeme,

I keep reading that there is no condemnation here or there by the Muslim community. Today is Friday. Just Wednesday gone, a meeting/conference took place here in Sydney, in Lakemba, where the Australian media was present in force. And it was actually reported on both 2GB as well as 2UE broadcasting radio stations hot of the press as they say. The Muslim representative was none other than the grand mufti himself, Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohammed, whom I know very well on a personal level. http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...alia-condemns-isis-horrors-conducted-overseas

There are people who are corrupt in the heart by nature on both sides of the fence, and no matter what you do to appease them, they'd never be satisfied. My solution for such ignorant haters (on both sides) would be to have them all meet up in some arena somewhere, (away from sane people like you and me who understand logic and reason, and desire nothing more than to live in peace, safety and security), and let them take out their frustration, anger, and hate on each other. Let hate be met with hate, irrationality with irrationality, and leave us sane and rational people who wish to move forward and do the best we can for Australia as a whole, leave us be.

Fadi.

I keep reading that there is no condemnation here or there by the Muslim community. Today is Friday. Just Wednesday gone, a meeting/conference took place here in Sydney, in Lakemba, where the Australian media was present in force. And it was actually reported on both 2GB as well as 2UE broadcasting radio stations hot of the press as they say. The Muslim representative was none other than the grand mufti himself, Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohammed,

Well at last. Good to see the Grand Mufti making a statement. Dunno if doing it in Arabic is really the right thing to do, but I won't get pissy about that.

whom I know very well on a personal level.

Um. All righty then.

From that article:

"The statement said: “As we have repeatedly preached in private and in public in Arabic and in English, the horrors conducted overseas in the name of religion are crimes against humanity and sins against God.

“The recent so-called fatwa from overseas, making reference to Australia as a target, has no religious authority and must be rejected.

“The noble Qur’an states clearly that whoever kills a person it is as if he has killed all of humanity. And whoever saves the life of a person is as if he save all of humanity.”

The grand mufti also called for calm in the community, and said the sanctity of life was paramount in Islam."

Nice statement. Kinda does not jell with reality though. I for one had not heard that "repeatedly preached", but am willing to take him for his word. I just don't know how the "no killing" part can be true though, considering the murderous rampage that has been happening across the globe, although primarily in the middle east, over the last 20 years. But as I said, I am happy to take what he said as a clear statement of condemnation. But, then……to further muddy the waters, today in the Age I read,

"Mustafa Abu Yusuf, a spokesman for the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah Association of Australia (ASWJ), claimed the actions of Islamic State [also known as ISIL] were being "rammed down our throats" in a bid to paint fundamentalist Muslims as potential terrorists and curb civil freedoms."

He went on to say,

""The beheadings, it's an abhorrent act, don't misunderstand me. But what about the British in Malaya in the 1950s? They used to have soldiers decapitate Malayan heads ... or what about the torture and prisoner abuse by the Americans at Abu Ghraib prison?" he said."

..and the article also reported.

"The Crossroads conference has drawn attention for its list of controversial keynote speakers, including Yvonne Ridley, a British journalist who converted to Islam after she was kidnapped by the Taliban. Ms Ridley is known for her outspoken views and is alleged to have referred to suicide bombings as "martyrdom operations"."

So once again I am left, as an observer of the situation, with mixed messages. "It's bad but sometimes it's good" kind of message.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...mic-conference-organiser-20140926-10mps4.html

Different day. Same shit.

"Extremist preacher Robert "Musa" Cerantonio has been allowed to attend a major Islamic conference in Melbourne just days after the police shooting of a teenage terror suspect who has been linked to a centre associated with his radical teachings."

"Organisers of the conference, titled "Crossroads: Navigating Through Contemporary Challenges", were aware of Mr Cerantonio's presence, but did not try to remove him or stop him from interacting with about 100 other attendees, including young families with children."

""We did not welcome him. That is different than letting him in. Our doors are open to everyone," Skeikh Ayman said.

"I do take a stand and I say to him, 'You are wrong and I don't agree with you, I don't believe in what you are doing', but at the same time I don't say to him, 'If you disagree with me you're not allowed to come', because he's still a part of my community."

In July, Mr Cerantonio was deported from the Philippines to his native Australia and questioned by police for several hours. He had urged young Muslims to take up arms and join the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq."

Read more: Sheikh defends radical preacher's attendance at conference

You two are so busy making arguments based on your own opinions and what is 2 inches in front of your face and patting each other on the back for a job well done I'm surprised you two have time for anything else... good work fellas.

WoodyAllen ; Australia's own Salman Rushdie

I do agree with Brick here though - he has written some good fiction in this thread.

Last edited:
Back in medievil times,Kelvin would of been a feared man on the battlefield.wingspan+power=too much.

They couldn't get Salman anyway and he is an overweight super nerd who would have been a serf in medieval times lol

You two are so busy making arguments based on your own opinions and what is 2 inches in front of your face and patting each other on the back for a job well done I'm surprised you two have time for anything else... good work fellas.

I do agree with Brick here though - he has written some good fiction in this thread.

My intention is not to be disrespectful of your views and beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their particular outlook, including myself.

I also do not have an issue with individual muslims, clerics or other spokespersons for Islam. I just don't get how as an international faith, a group such as ISIL can exist with quiet acceptance.

Same goes for the "christian" churches and the issue of child rape. Yes, bad people exist in all organisations. Even charities. (e.g. A charity which provides free surgery to women in Africa for fistula repair had their funds plundered by a rouge fundraiser https://www.fistulafoundation.org)

But the issue is where the church not only ignored, covered over and fought against victims of child abuse, they actively protected the perpetrators.

That sort of crap should be hit hard and heavy.

So any group that has a "bad seed" (e.g. ISIL) needs to stand clearly and solidly in defiance of such activities. Releasing a couple of press releases in response to a bit of bad local press is not an international response.

In WWII, if the 'christian" churches had stood tall and firm against the Nazi genocide, it would never had progressed to the extent it did.

If the international muslim community (including Australia) continues to "soft cock" ISIL, then we all gonna have a bad time.

Food for thought.
Brother your effort has been admirable from the first post you wrote to your last. However I truly beleive all this effort has been in vain and therefore futile and fully wasted. Conserve your energy brother for folks with a mind of understanding.

I wonder how understanding repacked is of your conspiracy theories.
Hahaha, This Would've Been So Funny Had It Not Been So Stupid And indicative Of An Immature Character! Repacked Is Free To Believe What He Wishes,..As Well As Disagree With Me On All That I Believe Or Don't Believe To Be True. If You Were Under The False Impression That Repacked And I Agree On Everything, Then You Are Sorely Mistaken. Please Ask Repacked If He Is A Muslim The Same Way I Am A Muslim! Case Closed!

well the IS scumbags are getting fucked up as we speak, god speed to the conveyers of justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, This Would've Been So Funny Had It Not Been So Stupid And indicative Of An Immature Character! Repacked Is Free To Believe What He Wishes,..As Well As Disagree With Me On All That I Believe Or Don't Believe To Be True. If You Were Under The False Impression That Repacked And I Agree On Everything, Then You Are Sorely Mistaken. Please Ask Repacked If He Is A Muslim The Same Way I Am A Muslim! Case Closed!

As far as posts go in this thread yours have been the most ridiculous and the most harmful towards the perception of the average moderate Muslim.

Status
Not open for further replies.