• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jack3d

Please dont talk down to me. You recognised Jack3d as a bs supplement (dimeth and caffeine) but you congratulated its maker on his successful marketing.

I was pretty much indifferent, but I made a smartass comment towards the latter statement. You then pulled some bs that I didnt 'understand' your comment.

Exploiting people for their ignorance/insecurities isnt funny - check out the guy a page across - he has an emotional connection with a supplement. Thats bad.

Talk down to you? Hardly. I thought when you used your analogy of Jews being exterminated you didn't understand my initial post... whatever.

I'm congratulating Jacob as what he's done is somewhat comical. A VERY basic formula with questionable ingredients, a prop. blend, crap marketing but somehow he has pulled through with top honours.
Its hardly exploiting people, its a business. Like Shrek said, if your stupid enough to buy it, then who's to blame? The supp company? Come on mate.

Talk down to you? Hardly. I thought when you used your analogy of Jews being exterminated you didn't understand my initial post... whatever.

I'm congratulating Jacob as what he's done is somewhat comical. A VERY basic formula with questionable ingredients, a prop. blend, crap marketing but somehow he has pulled through with top honours.
Its hardly exploiting people, its a business. Like Shrek said, if your stupid enough to buy it, then who's to blame? The supp company? Come on mate.

I think so yes...

But maybe that is how you make it in this world... I cant sell supplements to people for RRP when I pay half of what i am suposed to sell them for. I feel so dirty inside. So i give friends and even people i dontknow cost price...

Maybe ill never make it...

I think so yes...

But maybe that is how you make it in this world... I cant sell supplements to people for RRP when I pay half of what i am suposed to sell them for. I feel so dirty inside. So i give friends and even people i dontknow cost price...

Maybe ill never make it...

Maybe its true, nice guys finish last... :(

The Hitler joke was used as an extreme analogy. Ironically it was along the same line as your comment.

Caveat emptor might have worked fine for Marius but it certainly doesn't in Australia where we give a shit about others. For that reason I think the supplement industry should be very heavily regulated.

My respect goes out to sellers like protiendirect and professionalwhey. They sell without gimmicky ads and with plain packaging the basics because they're honest.

Caffeine was banned, I do not know if it is now (or at what levels).
There are a whole bunch of stimulants that have been added to the banned list.

here is what to look out for if you are drug tested.
USPlabs JACK3d - banned/suspect ingredient: 1,3-Dimethylamylamine - falls under tuaminoheptane and other substances on the WADA 2009 list. Note: only banned IN-Competition

VPX Bang - banned/suspect ingredient: Geranamine - falls under tuaminoheptane and other substances on the WADA 2009 list. Note: only banned IN-Competition

BSN - N.O.-Xplode - banned/suspect ingredient: Methylxanthine - POSSIBLY under tuaminoheptane and other substances on the WADA 2009 list. Note: only banned IN-Competition

isatori leansystem7 - banned ingredient: octopamine - page 7 on the WADA 2009 list. Note: only banned IN-Competition

Gaspari Novedex XTS - banned/suspect ingredient: Aromatase inhibitors - Page 5 on WADA 2009 list
see bottom of page http://gasparinutrition.com/Home/AllPro ... fault.aspx

SP, in the 2010 list, methylhexaneamine (dimethylpentylamine) is specifically banned - it's not just caught under tuaminoheptane. It's also a class A (or "non-specified") stimulant, which will it a lot harder to get a more lenient ban for anyone caught with it in their system.

Also known as:
4-methyl-2-hexanamine;
4-methyl-2-hexylamine;
2-amino-4-methylhexane;
1,3-dimethylamylamine;
1,3-dimethylpentylamine
2-Hexanamine, 4-methyl- (9CI)
DMAA
geranamine
geranium oil extract

A guy at work received some jack3d in the mail yesterday (at work) and gave me a couple of scoops to try, so I thought I'd check on here first.

Since I'm not competing I may as well try it and report back. I'm not an expert on stimulants/supps/pre-workout stuff and I have no vested interest in whether it's good or not since it didn't pay for it.

Coffee doesn't really make me feel anything either so I'm not expecting t oeven notice it.

okay, after trying it, Id compare it to 2 cups of good coffee, or a no-doz... kicked in after about 20mins, I felt a bit of zing, slightly nauseous (sp?) and then 20 mins later it was gone.

I had a good workout though...

Ill probably give the scoop I have left to a mate if he wants to try it. I really thought it was a waste of time, and unnecessary....I don't really like the idea of using a "banned substance" either.

I'm using APS Mesomorph (Preworkout supp) at the moment that I got as a chrissy gift, it's like a concentrated dose of Jacked, it contains large doses of 1,3-dimethylamylamine and let me assure you, it's potent as, 1 scoop of that and I am on a cocaine like high for an hour or so, then normal for 2 hrs, then I crash hard.

Quite good for my workouts, I don't mind it, I enjoy the focus, however it's probably only going to be used for cutting in future, it's worst side effect aside from the horrible crash is that it destroys your appetite, it's hard to bulk when even the thought of eating makes you feel sick lol.

The other problem with stimulants generally is that you can easily come to use them as a crutch to get yourself up for training. I found this just by having Vs or Mother too often before training. Being able to focus and amp yourself up without aids is a good skill to develop IMO. All the best lifters I've seen seem to be able to do this.

I couldn't find a clear answer on that mate, had a look, some places said short time, some said long.

Found this though (It doesn't answer your question)

1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranamine)

Submitted by jonathan on Fri, 07/04/2008 - 10:54
1,3-dimethylamylamine is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body's own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Similar to adrenaline, 1,3-dimethylamylamine exhibits a powerful CNS stimulating ability, for increased energy, mental clarity, and physical performance. 1,3-dimethylamylamine works through a similar pathway as ephedrine, causing an increase in cAMP (the chemical messenger that triggers fat release and provides potent appetite suppression and thermogenic action). Reports seem to indicate increased energy, focus, drastically reduced appetite, and euphoria."

Pretty much spot on IMO.

Big time fail... I am trying to bulk, and am literally forcing meals down 8hrs later because I feel full/sick.

Def counter-productive for bulking, might be worth a look when cutting though.

Yeah..

Only problem i see then is people going above and beyond at training due to "extra energy" but then not even eating what they normally would and overtraining... Vicous cycle.

Doesn't suppress my appetite.

Definately feel the mental focus and increased alertness.

Last edited:
I have been using this stuff for 3 weeks now..and it is AWESOME.. no loss of appetite but i do find I get very thirsty..

My first post so feel free to ignore it...

I've been working ridiculous hours at the moment and combined with martial arts training and a return to the weights, I needed something to help with my energy/focus. I got some Jack3d on special (agree - stupid name) and took it 30mins before a 2.5 hour martial arts session - it blew me away. I felt like I could've done the whole thing again. Sweated heaps though.

Two days later I took it before weights - did back and shoulders (just some basics - bent-over rows, shoulder presses etc) - less endurance but plenty of focus and some pretty amazing pumps.

I'm going to stick with it and will report back but preliminary impressions are positive.

Overall though, as someone who had a few solid years (and gains) in years gone by before the "real world" intervened, I agree that food, sleep and heavy weights are the keys to building muscle. Supps are just that - they supplement and don't substitute for improper diet.

Jack3D is more of a drug than a "supplement". A supplement is something like protein or creatine, amino acids, vitamins. Things that your body could get or produce from food, but you take in supplement form for convenient, price and quantity.

The active ingredient DMAA is a stimulant. Much like caffeine, I suppose, but a much more potent stimulant (more in the class of amphetamine) and possibly dangerous, given that there have been no human clinical trials of DMAA in a performance setting or to verify its long term safety. I'm not preaching not to take it - do what you like. But, it's a drug, and anyone taking it should take the same precautions as you would for an other drug.