• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Introducing Body Evolution

I thought like that too. I ate 6-7 meals for years. I started intermittant fasting and now I eat all my daily food in 2 - 3 meals and within 7 - 8 hours

How's it going with IF, Gunner? Max's blog has raised my antenna on IF. I currently eat 6 small meals and have been doing so for years. How did you cope with the switch? I love my breakfast and the thought of fasting through it gives me the shivers!

How's it going with IF, Gunner? Max's blog has raised my antenna on IF. I currently eat 6 small meals and have been doing so for years. How did you cope with the switch? I love my breakfast and the thought of fasting through it gives me the shivers!

You could just try 3-4 meals.

You could just try 3-4 meals.

But, wouldn't those 3-4 meals still be after the fasted state and start around noon? In all honesty, I've only just started to read up on intermittent fasting...so, perhaps I've misunderstood some of its precepts.

But, wouldn't those 3-4 meals still be after the fasted state and start around noon? In all honesty, I've only just started to read up on intermittent fasting...so, perhaps I've misunderstood some of its precepts.

My point was you don't have to fast just try reducing your meal amounts. In fact even if you wanted to do IF you are going to have to slowly reduce meal frequency unless you want to be crazy hungry when you start IF.

Going well mate. Used to love brekky too but now IF just fits in with my routine not having to worry about eating in the mornings I get alot more done. I think it's a personal choice whether you do IF or not.

My point was you don't have to fast just try reducing your meal amounts. In fact even if you wanted to do IF you are going to have to slowly reduce meal frequency unless you want to be crazy hungry when you start IF.

Yep, agree - the transition phase into IF is going to be the 'interesting' bit.

Going well mate. Used to love brekky too but now IF just fits in with my routine not having to worry about eating in the mornings I get alot more done. I think it's a personal choice whether you do IF or not.

Assuming you train in the afternoon? I'm a morning trainer and need to educate myself more in applying IF this sort of regime.

I will cover all this in my next blog this week, but I trained fasted at 6AM. My feed/first meal is normal at around 1PM and I've normally had my last feed/meal at 730-8PM.

IF is a protocol, you do not need to have a 'daily feeding window' if you do not wish. Simply having larger and less frequent can be both more satisfying and better at controlling appetite/hunger regardless of the SLIGHT metabolic advantages (which is still of some conjecture) of doing it in an IF style (all calories consumed in X time frame).

I train in the morning fasted

I will cover all this in my next blog this week, but I trained fasted at 6AM. My feed/first meal is normal at around 1PM and I've normally had my last feed/meal at 730-8PM.

Good to know that there's some real experience using IF and training in the morning. The Leangains site outlines a protocol but it looked like the author was putting forward a theory (from what I could read).

Looking forward to the next blog, Max!

I'm glad you're wife enjoyed you being in show condition LOL

Well done big fella.

Good reads as always