• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Introducing Body Evolution

It's actually quite refreshing having someone talking some sense rather than just parroting the usual bodybuilding bro science with no evidence other than "the pros do it" to back it up.

I'm liking the Alan Aragon articles. Used to read every post he made back about 5 years ago when I was on bb.com but haven't been back there for a long time.

Thanks Bazza, I'm glad you appreciate the information :)

Yeah I'm a massive fan of Alan Aragon, not only is he got a great ability to breakdown and analyzes data then explain it in a no bull way. He also is funny as hell.

Good start to the blog. Good luck with it ill read it along with lyles and Alan's sites.

Thanks Dave, there will be some exciting news regarding Lyle, Alan and Martin Berkhan with regards to the blog! Hopefully I'll have a few others to join them and I'll let you know once it is all worked out! :)

Hi all,

Just want to drop a quick line about my NEW BLOG that I have started. I would love to get your feedback on it etc.

The BodyEvolution Report

Thanks

MB

I just had a read, sounds like what Ive already read here. Just a tip, make sure you proof read it as there seems to be some small errors that are just plain confusing which can affect your credibility levels..and make people struggling to follow it give up...

example:

"The ‘food pyramid’ as well some old bodybuilding/fitness nutrition myths"

Is there a word missing in there? I think you need another "as but it took me a good 30 secs to figure it out as it was quite a long sentence...

Not meaning to nitpick just want to help out , cheers.

(I thought there was another one but i can't see it now...)

All good, thanks for the feedback Hirdy :) The wife is going to keep on top of that for me ;)

Yes, some of the content in the blog will have been covered in some of my posts here.

I guess it just gives me a chance to connect with other people who are not member of this forum. Essentially it is just going to be for informational purposes.

good read. I've read a few things by Martin as I've seen a couple people on leangains methods.

btw, should crack the whip harder MB :p

Last edited:
Yep agreed. Also like the previous blog re eating in the night.
Thanks guys.

Yeah I've been getting fat as a house by eating over 1000 calories (meat, coconut oil, veggies, peanut butter, toast, protein shake) 2 hours before I got to bed :D

I think it would be good to have some info from someone from the other side of the field who has gotten big or lean on 6 meals (or an example like Joel). Not that I think you need 6 meals but to show that it is not the meal timing but the overall calorie intake, macronutrient breakdown and god damn control that influences body comp. Comparing two people of similar leaness and muscularity would be great and IF'er and a 6 mealer and then show the similarities in their diet so people can see that wow it is just preferences and what suits you as long as you hit the important points and that no magical no eating after 6pm or not going catabolic in 3 hours etc is going to be the answer.

Thanks for the feed back Dave. I understand what you are saying.

I'll just need to put up all my information from when I did the 6 meals a day etc LOL.

I think as a whole and as a generalization, 90% of people who are in the industry or live the 'lifestyle' do follow the whole 6 meals a day etc etc etc. I guess the information I'm trying to put across is that there are only the 'important points' that lead to the end results. I'm giving examples of data that shows the total opposite to what people follow or think is right so that the 'important points' stand out.

It certainly is of personal preference at the end of the day, but most people think that there is only 1 way to go about it and that ends up being their 'personal preference' because they know no better. So I guess I'm trying to promote 'personal preference' to some degree but more so just focusing on the opposites to what is promoted. And at the end of the day, I guess I was consumed by the 'old school' myths and 'lifestyle' for years and it simply made life a pain in the ass (it was my 'personal preference' at the time) but no realize that it doesn't need to be done like that.

Again it is great to be able to converse with another like minded and educated industry professional. Much respect Dave :)