• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

I might consider using IF later on, for now i'm with carb cycling. I want to see the effects of cutting carbs from my body before going into a long fast mode. Since i am very sensitive to carbohydrates i need to have them in my diet at all costs but slowly i'm trying to change my habits so i could do the IF regimen

If I feel full after first meal, I would fast on the second meal. I don't know why, but I found that it works for me.

Whatever works for you. I skip breakfast but eat lunch and dinner then stop eating three hours before I go to bed.

no. I meant that what you described earlier is not IF. This thread is about IF.
Intermittent Fasting.

and how do you now skip brekkie after saying you skip meal 2 ??? LOL

:rolleyes:

no. I meant that what you described earlier is not IF. This thread is about IF.
Intermittent Fasting.

and how do you now skip brekkie after saying you skip meal 2 ??? LOL

I got confused with the IF thing. I realized now what it meant.

Sometimes I skip brekkie and eat lunch and dinner.
How do you describe your IF?

I got confused with the IF thing. I realized now what it meant.

Sometimes I skip brekkie and eat lunch and dinner.
How do you describe your IF?

I'm not IFing at the moment.
For me it's a 14-16 hour fast overnight - the same as anyone else really, so yes, I would eat from about 1pm to 9pm mostly.

Not doing it right now as I'm increasing kcals and I'm not able to fit them all in that window but will return to it when I'm done :)

I quite like it. I eat between 50% - 75% of my daily intake after 6pm now so am not often hungry at breakfast time already lol

I have just started IF this week, I work office hours and eat approx between 2pm-10pm, the workout is around 6pm. The main difference I've noticed this week is that I feel lethargic up to midday. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Normal mate. You will get used get used it.
I feel fine every day.

I even train on the weekends during my fasting period...easy as.

Tim.

I have just started IF this week, I work office hours and eat approx between 2pm-10pm, the workout is around 6pm. The main difference I've noticed this week is that I feel lethargic up to midday. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Black coffee first thing..

Or try

Eat more at dinner....

Alternatively work your way up to it..

Week 1 - 10am to 10pm

Week 2 - 12pm to 10pm

Week 3 - 2pm to 10pm

Once your adjusted its very easy to fast every morning.

Cool. I'll try the fasted training this weekend, as I am not a morning person early training before work doesn't agree with me.

Black coffee first thing..

Or try

Eat more at dinner....

Alternatively work your way up to it..

Week 1 - 10am to 10pm

Week 2 - 12pm to 10pm

Week 3 - 2pm to 10pm

Once your adjusted its very easy to fast every morning.

I may use this strategy next week if I'm still feeling like this, thx

I've been doing this for 3 weeks now.

I get hungry, but I don't feel lethargic at all. On the contrary, I am much more alert and productive in the morning than when I used to eat breakfast and have a mid-morning meal. Then after lunch, I feel great too, whereas before I used to go into a food coma and require lots of after lunch caffeine to get me out of it.

Since IF'ing, the other thing that disappeared was ectopic heart beats/heart palpitations. I started developing these a few months ago to the point where I couldn't train and had premature ventricular contractions 12-15 hours a day. The moment I started IF'ing leangains style, they stopped :)

If I were to make a juice 1apple 2oranges 1/4pinapple, would that would break the fast as there is calories in it? as usually I have a suger free redbull in the mornings but ive switched to a juice

If I were to make a juice 1apple 2oranges 1/4pinapple, would that would break the fast as there is calories in it? as usually I have a suger free redbull in the mornings but ive switched to a juice

It doesn't work like a light switch but god aka Martin says around the 50kcal and over mark is what breaks the fast

Why do you need juice?

Just have nothing and you will adapt. The sugar free redbull is acting as a crutch, like wearing a nicotine patch. Just let your body get used to not being fed all the time. It doesn't need to be. You're depriving yourself of a liberating feeling.

Use the morning to be productive. Occupy yourself with stuff to do.