• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

imagequo.jpg

Crisis over, went on a bit of a coke/speed bender last night and dropped 3.4kg from Friday. I know it's not ideal but it will be interesting to see where my weight levels out at during the week.

How does everyone go with their sleeping patterns while IF? I find 6 hours is usually more than enough, try to stretch it out to 8 where I can.

If I don't get minimum 7hrs of sleep I feel pretty damn shitty during the day and training can suffer. I like LOTS of sleep :) (envy those tat can powernap!)

Been on the IF plan for about 3 months. I try to go 300cal under maintenance on training days and 500cal under on days off.

Seem to have hit a plateau at 88.4 kg .... Any suggestions?

I'm 38 (for a few more days anyway!) and I'm 182.5cm tall.

I've given myself a realistic goal of improving my body shape within 3 years but turning the gut into abs is harder than I expected. Again and suggestions would be welcome

Been on the IF plan for about 3 months. I try to go 300cal under maintenance on training days and 500cal under on days off.

I've given myself a realistic goal of improving my body shape within 3 years but turning the gut into abs is harder than I expected. Again and suggestions would be welcome

What's your average calorie count over a week?

If you are weighing everything and have been dieting for a while 2 week diet break at maintenance.

I hit a plateau after losing 8kgs using IF, since then I've ended dropping my calories on rest days down to 1000 below maintenance (1600 cals low carb) and keeping calories at maintenance on workout days (2600 cals high carb). Ends up being the same number of calories consumed across the week but a higher carb intake which keeps leptin high and (for me at least) has facilitated continued fat loss.

Cheers fellas and yeah I have been counting calories for a while so i think a break is in order. My weekly calorie intake is about 12,000 nazzy ... Why do you ask?

Thanks guys. I know it might seem like its a late start to get into BB at 39 but I just love the chanllenge of pushing limits. I used to do it when i was younger with triathalon so i have a good work ethic so all your advise is greatly appreciated.