• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

Everything..

I just had protein and fat targets for the day, once I met them I was eating whatever, I had crust pizza after dinner 3 nights in a row at one stage.. Lol

Yeah I think it's fine for some people, maybe not for others..

I seen a video by Ian macarthy where he said if you are someone who gets right into things/obsesses then it probably isn't for you, coincidently that's probably most people who get into gym enough to then track and count everything they eat

Everything..

I just had protein and fat targets for the day, once I met them I was eating whatever, I had crust pizza after dinner 3 nights in a row at one stage.. Lol

I note that it was poor food choice rather then IF where you had problems....

Try eating a kilo of meat with dinner and you will find it much harder to exceed cal intake..

Not that it matters though cause it sounds Like you have found an eating pattern that suits you...

Mmmmmm...... PIZZA!!!!

Good thing is if you are counting calories you only have to figure them out for a couple of meals instead if 6 or 7. Same with food prep, much less work

I note that it was poor food choice rather then IF where you had problems....

Try eating a kilo of meat with dinner and you will find it much harder to exceed cal intake..

Not that it matters though cause it sounds Like you have found an eating pattern that suits you...

Mmmmmm...... PIZZA!!!!

Yeah most nights I are pretty decent foods, that was just an example..
My meals are really still in a 9 hour time frame most days plus a shake post workout first thing in the morning, but yeah I feel way better not eating everything at once

I've been doing IF for a couple of months now as well. For me it helped especially when I was dieting on about 1800 calories.

Now though I've started to adopt more of the LG protocols just to see if they'll work for me. I'm going for a lean bulk, so I eat at +20% TDEE on workout days (5 days) and then -10% TDEE on rest days. I've also started to cycle my macros, so on rest days I try to keep my macros low fat/ high carb, 1 day of high carb/low fat, with the rest being moderate fat/moderate carb and high protein all days.

I also train at 6am, sometimes even 5am and don't break the fast till 1pm. Between that time I either keep myself busy to get my mind off food, or even easier go back to sleep lol.

Did my first day of IM today, worked out at 5.00am had 2x protein shakes and a coffee till midday. Had ground beef topped with my tomato salsa for lunch. Bit of fruit for snack, then steak and salad for tea.

Around 1500 cals. P210/C50/F45

Certainly didn't feel hungry, in fact I had to look at the clock at 12.15 then stop what I was doing and have lunch.

Did my first day of IM today, worked out at 5.00am had 2x protein shakes and a coffee till midday. Had ground beef topped with my tomato salsa for lunch. Bit of fruit for snack, then steak and salad for tea.

Around 1500 cals. P210/C50/F45

Certainly didn't feel hungry, in fact I had to look at the clock at 12.15 then stop what I was doing and have lunch.

That's good mate...

That's the way to do it, don't fall for the starving yourself

IF worked well for me i lost around 13kg in 4-5 months and managed to retain a lot of muscle mass. I wouldn't say that IF was the sole reason why I cut down so well considering it was my first time but it was like, an accessory to my diet that worked well for me. I was eating around 500cals under maintenance and ate from 2-10. Managed to stick to it pretty strict for the few months that I was on it and started getting used to it after a while, it made me appreciate my food a lot more.. lol. I've just recently come off it now that i'm looking to put on some size but I can definately say it helped me shed off some kg's

IF worked well for me i lost around 13kg in 4-5 months and managed to retain a lot of muscle mass. I wouldn't say that IF was the sole reason why I cut down so well considering it was my first time but it was like, an accessory to my diet that worked well for me. I was eating around 500cals under maintenance and ate from 2-10. Managed to stick to it pretty strict for the few months that I was on it and started getting used to it after a while, it made me appreciate my food a lot more.. lol. I've just recently come off it now that i'm looking to put on some size but I can definately say it helped me shed off some kg's

Nice effort there Sam...

Cliffs - all IF does is makes it easier to stick to your macros.... (Not for everyone though)

All eating plans will work providing there is a calorie deficit...

While I am a big fan of IF.... And it has busted a lot of myths... They still managed to deliver strong bro science to the approach....

...it made me appreciate my food a lot more...

my thoughts also - you really enjoy every meal and you learn a lot about what you need to eat.

nazzy: i take it you've read a lot of MB's LG stuff? do you dismiss all of the hormonal advantages he advocates?

my thoughts also - you really enjoy every meal and you learn a lot about what you need to eat.

nazzy: i take it you've read a lot of MB's LG stuff? do you dismiss all of the hormonal advantages he advocates?

There may or may not be hormonal advantages. Either way they are small enough it's not really worth worrying about.

Been calorie deficient IFing for the last 3 months have dropped 9 kilos whilst gaining strength and maintaining (if not slightly increasing) lean mass. Huge fan, and I'm looking forward to utilising the leangains style of IF once I drop enough bodyfat.

canconfirmcopy_zps7732f63a.jpg

This was my IF change. I was using IF in the first photo as well to bulk funnily enough..

I've been following the leangains style of intermittent fasting but I feel less fasted (if that is such a thing) with the 30g of BCAA in my system when following the early morning fasted training protocol.

I've been doing all of my training of late in a fasted state with the 10g of BCAA per workout and then 10 more 2 hours after the first dose and 10 more 2 hours after that. Strength gains have been really solid but my fat loss has plateaued significantly. For the next 2 weeks I'm going to switch the the 1 pre workout meal protocol for 2 of my 3 sessions a week (I'll still do my leg and shoulder workout in the morning as I find my adrenalin gets too high to sleep if I do it in the evening). Hopefully this will kick start my fat loss progress again.

I've been following the leangains style of intermittent fasting but I feel less fasted (if that is such a thing) with the 30g of BCAA in my system when following the early morning fasted training protocol.

I've been doing all of my training of late in a fasted state with the 10g of BCAA per workout and then 10 more 2 hours after the first dose and 10 more 2 hours after that. Strength gains have been really solid but my fat loss has plateaued significantly. For the next 2 weeks I'm going to switch the the 1 pre workout meal protocol for 2 of my 3 sessions a week (I'll still do my leg and shoulder workout in the morning as I find my adrenalin gets too high to sleep if I do it in the evening). Hopefully this will kick start my fat loss progress again.

Slightly reduce your calorie intake... Or add a little cardio...