• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

eating every 3 hours is not my number 1 priority - not even close. being healthy and training is extremely important to me but it's 4th or 5th in the scheme of things.

i've always pulled the diabetic card, that i need to eat every 2-3 hours. You could always have a protein bar handy for when you dash into one of your marathon meetings. As noobs said, keep some nuts in your draw that you can take into the meetings with

no i don't want to - my job is important to me and i enjoy it. i have the trust of those I work with - i don't need to lie to them. truth is they would let me leave to get food and come back, I choose not to. it's part of being the team.

noobs, people do actually have 8 hour meetings occasionally. the only time you end up leaving the room is for toilet breaks and someone will bring us food, coffee and water at various points throughout the day. I've had business reviews that begin at 8 and finish at 7. they are rare but they do happen. what happens more often, maybe once a week, i miss the timing on a meal or the meal completely as the meeting extends out - it's no biggy.

I am 1 week in. Haven't really lost any weight. Its crazy because I am doing exercise, going to the gym and only eating one meal. Why am I not losing?

It's possible that you have gained some muscle and lost some fat.
This would be the best result wouldn't it?

Apart from that, why not keep track of your calories so you can make adjustments when required.

I'm just 1 day ahead of you, been going strictly on this diet, 9th day now.
I have actually made a slight weight gain, which is my goal, and feel I have dropped some bodyfat too.

It's possible that you have gained some muscle and lost some fat.
This would be the best result wouldn't it?

Apart from that, why not keep track of your calories so you can make adjustments when required.

I'm just 1 day ahead of you, been going strictly on this diet, 9th day now.
I have actually made a slight weight gain, which is my goal, and feel I have dropped some bodyfat too.

I am not sure about my bodyfat as I don't have calipers. I have been cutting since Christmas. Got down to 75kg from 80kg but now at 76kg. I feel more alert and better for eating the one meal a day and it suits me nicely. I just want to get rid of the last bit of fat on my stomach. I have also started takening the natural test booster combo from bulk nutrients. That stuff is so strong its like drugs, I have noticed more body hair growth too.

As you drop bodyweight, you will have to drop your caloric intake too, in order to keep losing weight.
That's probably why it's good to keep a track of calories.

Otherwise, become more active to burn off more or build more muscle to burn more.

what are your currentl lifts?

Nothing to boast about here compared to others.

Maybe I am losing though, a few weeks ago I had a lot of trouble fitting into my size 30 shorts. Now they fit nicely.

Last edited:
**** eat lots and lift heavier shit.. so much easier :p

It will be interesting to see how this effects your training.

Sounds like the hunter diet
Works on the idea that the caveman/hunter wakes up, goes out hunting. Nothing heavy in his stomach, just fruit and vegetables maybe.
End of the day he eats to his heart's content the animal he cought. Lots of protein, lots of fat. Then sleeps it away.

On various forums people have reported decent muscle gain and fat loss with this approach and goes along the same principles of the paleo diet. High protein, high fat, low carbs.

And I definately find the food much more enjoyable to eat this way (taste seems to be enhanced), rather than eating for the sake of eating 5,6,7,8 times a day.

Update?

Im interested in trying this out

Though i typicaly finish training at 1:30-2:00pm, so what would be the go then? Start binge eating then instead of 4pm?

Hit 74.8kg on the scales since around 79kg at Christmas. My lifts have not gone down but they have increased slightly.

74kg? what are your lifts like..

Last time i weighed that i think i was like 12..

Well I'm not training for strength, just to get fit and reduce my bodyfat. I am around 10cm shorter than you also.

Squat 105kg
Bench 65kg
Deadlift 140kg
Powerclean 65kg
Military Press 45kg

I've shot back up to 75.5kg for some reason. :mad::mad: