• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increase your Squat weights instantly!

last night I did 4 sets of 3 100kg squats with my converse shoes. When I get my adidas lifting shoes....i wonder how that number will change!!

LoL !! Thats the funnies thing I've read today, super shoes make you squat better!

Up there with the guys who bring their own chalk pouch and grunt before they even touch the bar, and 1/4 squat before re-racking and grunt/yelling then shouts "awesome a PB" then lookign around to see how many people where watching !

LoL !! Thats the funnies thing I've read today, super shoes make you squat better!

What's so funny? I got an instant 12.5kg increase in front squat and 20kg increase in overhead squat. Could go even deeper & more stable in back squat and made a +2.5kg over my previous PB much more easily.

All because I changed to the weightlifting shoes from Converse.

What's so funny? I got an instant 12.5kg increase in front squat and 20kg increase in overhead squat. Could go even deeper & more stable in back squat and made a +2.5kg over my previous PB much more easily.

Exactly right, but it is not due to a shoe like somepoeple are thinknig its what the shoe does for you... If you have less then optimal flexability in your calves, hamstrings thenthey help alot. However the best option is to get more flexible then add shoes.

They are a good investement though. If people can accept that they may only use them for squats, cleans, jerks, snatchs.

Well I suppose if YOU get a lifting benefit from changing your shoes, go for it.

But I still find it funny...

I tell you what .. when I change my undies I get a hella difference in the zonal proximity to cardio bunnies ;-)

I think you may want to re-read the whole thread Muu.

Weightlifting shoes add a more stable platform and place you at a better mechanical advantage to squat. This equals being able to utilise more force and therefore lift more weight.

I think you may want to re-read the whole thread Muu.

Weightlifting shoes add a more stable platform and place you at a better mechanical advantage to squat. This equals being able to utilise more force and therefore lift more weight.

You didn't read what I wrote, as in if you find it helpful go for it?

I'm quite allowed to find something I find funny... or are you the fun police, don't laugh at something... you might enjoy your self! Or are you that precious little princess that it hurts your feelings?

Jesus I said go for it you fool!

IMHO which I’m allowed to have as well as finding something funny, mr fun police, is that the idea of designated weightlifting shoes may have been oversold in this case. I have squatted 220Kg not in competition, just in the gym with my footy team, and we all, only every wore sneakers. We squatted on big rubber mats and got great traction. I suppose if your going for total squatted in competition and an extra 12K or what ever will get you a win, then great GO FOR IT as I said earlier.

But I'll say it again incase MR FUN POLICE HERE DOESN'T HEAR IT!

IF IT WORKS FOR YOU .. GO FOR IT.

Your comments made you seem like you didn't believe it see quoted points below.

Up there with the guys who bring their own chalk pouch and grunt before they even touch the bar, and 1/4 squat before re-racking and grunt/yelling then shouts "awesome a PB" then lookign around to see how many people where watching !

I tell you what .. when I change my undies I get a hella difference in the zonal proximity to cardio bunnies

Next time do not get so worked up, I was not having a go at you.

Every male Olympic lifter squats more than you and your mates, and they wear weightlifting shoes. Your point is what exactly, Muu?

42060.jpg

Anyone squat that low?

Have a look if his fleet where flat what it would do to his positioning and the rest of his body...

His knees have gone past his feet, HIS KNEES HAVE GONE PAST HIS FEET!!! Oh no he is going to injure himself.

Sorry could not help myself but imitate resistance training instructors. That is some nice squat depth, and no I do not squat that low...

Well I suppose if YOU get a lifting benefit from changing your shoes, go for it.

OK .. I'm sorry Tard burgers.. what part of this did you not understand?

I understand that guys in gyms can be stupid.. but really .. are you that thick? Really I would hate to undersell your intelligence here ... really I would I'd hate to point out the FACT i've already agread with the whole shoe arguement, twice even, are you perhaps kicking a self inflated dead horse?

... well done to the people who say yes shoes make me lift more.. good on them … change shoes and let god, allah, buddah and all other merciful gods be with them!

No i'm not going to appologize for finding something funny.. I don't care if 'olympic' lifters lift more.. care factor zero mate.. thats why they lift at the olympics.

Oh and by the way.. just incase.. Mr Fun police has yet another idiot moment.. the cardio bunny thing was a joke.. just incase you didn't notice.. just in case you need to quote me asif i'm being serious, you tool!

Last edited:
Wow you have issues. No one was having a shot at you, your initial comment linking lifting shoes with 1/4 squatting grunting tools made it look like you think it is a joke. Just because you say

does not mean you think it is a good thing as you emphasised the YOU on purpose. You do not have to believe in them but you were making fun of other people using them.

Wow you have issues. No one was having a shot at you, your initial comment linking lifting shoes with 1/4 squatting grunting tools made it look like you think it is a joke. Just because you say

does not mean you think it is a good thing as you emphasised the YOU on purpose. You do not have to believe in them but you were making fun of other people using them.

whatever dude.. you should wake up..