• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increase your Squat weights instantly!

Checked them out yesterday - good value for money. They're going to be importing them in white (sorry to all the fellas who really wanted candy-red shoes).

I'll be grabbing a pair when available :)

Aaron.

Thanks for this thread. I've been squatting in a pair of Chucks, but will get some proper weightlifting shoes. I'll go to AK tho - support local business!

In case the Do-Wins they're getting in Feb turn out to be lemons, have any of you owned the Zhang Kong that are currently on their site?

Olympic Weightlifting - QWA - Products and Services - got my shoes here

Thanks, I think I'll get that pair, as AK won't stock the Do-Wins till mid-March and it's not much cheaper.

Btw are these shoes also good for deadlift? I've read conflicting things about deadlifting in squat shoes v.s deadlifting with flat soled shoes / slippers.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one I know deadlifts in oly shoes, you want your heels close to to the ground, the thick heel on the oly shoe is that much ihgher you have to lift it.

This is true. Was squatting in my running shoes for too long. Now change back to my hard cross trainers, and I did 100kg by 4 today.

This is true. Was squatting in my running shoes for too long. Now change back to my hard cross trainers, and I did 100kg by 4 today.

Less energy wasted/dissipated = more torque generated. Well done LJ.

Fadi.