• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increase your Squat weights instantly!

Aust kettle ball have stopped stocking the zhang kong shoes they are getting a new range pendlay or somehting in 6weeks

I placed an order with QWA but it was refunded as they're out of stock and will bring in some Chinese line for ~$100 a pair in mid-March.

Arrggghhh can't wait!

Got my pair of weightlifting shoes by Risto Sports and tried them out today!

These babies are designed by an Olympic lifting coach and his aero-dynamic engineer wife. Leather, hand-made in Colombia.

I wasn't going for 1RM so I don't know if I can back-squat more with these shoes, but they're amazing! I am so much more stable at depth, can go deeper and still keep the tension. Makes coming out of the bottom so much easier.

I did some front-squat after my back squat session, although I just did front squat on Sunday. My best FSquat was 107.5kg. I got 120kg relatively easily. :)

Also did some overhead squat. I used to have stability issues with the bottom portion related to my lower body, but the shoes fixed it. Now I only have to deal with scapula stability.

Best $130 I've ever spent on shoes!

It's really great to see some of you gentlemen being satisfied with what you're getting. It makes me feel good that I began this thread.

Fadi.

I wear flat slip-ons when i do all my work outs.
On the plus side, last week struggle to push out 4 sets of 8 reps on 55kg with squats.
This week went to 65kg first set, 70kg 2nd and 3rd then put it up to 75kg 4th set, all complete sets.

last night I did 4 sets of 3 100kg squats with my converse shoes. When I get my adidas lifting shoes....i wonder how that number will change!!

I didn't squat or deadlift for over a month due to an illness. I had my 1st real squat session yesterday.
Before my break my PB (to a 22cm box) was 140x1, which I got on the 2nd attempt.
Yesterday, after recieving my Do-Wins from ausKB, I squatted 140x1 easy, so then decided to go for a PB of 142.5, and made it.

Was it the shoes? Was it that I had a month to recover and was fresh? Who knows. The fact is though, I squatted a PB with the shoes on, with zero leg/back training in over a month.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or it could mean you weren't trying hard enough a month ago!
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha, I can assure you that's not the case. While 142.5 may not be alot, I NEVER give less than 100% on squat sessions.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aus kettelbells. They did a good price, and sent me a perfect fitting shoe.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't wear any shoe's when i am doing weights, I feel alot more comfortable with out shoe's. If i didn't have to wear them for work, i would not. lol.

I don't wear any shoe's when i am doing weights, I feel alot more comfortable with out shoe's. If i didn't have to wear them for work, i would not. lol.

It's funny you mention that Ashley. I don't wear any type of jewelry, watch, or anything of that nature on my body, (not even a wedding ring)! So I can understand where you're coming from mate.

Fadi.