• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

In Defense of CrossFit

Have you seen Miranda oldroyd?
utupeby8.jpg
e2anuzuh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along the same lines, on the same interview with the UFC fighter he was asked what sets and reps should you do in the gym to get better at jiu-jitsu and he said you should do more jiu-jitsu. Simple, sort of smart arse answer but makes sense and people miss this basic stuff.

Hate to admit it but I think this is the best post here.

I do not like Cross Fit personally, but don't really care if other do it or follow it, better than doing nothing and getting fat and lazy IMO. I do believe that the environment and motivations behind Cross Fit do encourage injury, and many Crossfitters I know are proud of their injuries, and how taught they are doing Cross Fit.

Re people missing the basics, most people are retarded when it comes to training, and have no idea, had a mate who wanted to join the police force, and he failed the swimming part of the entry requirements. A few weeks later he was telling me that he was going to retest the swim next week, and that he should be fine this time around. When I asked him whattraining he had been doing I was dumb founded when he told be he been going to the gym working out five days a week, he had not been back to the pool once. When I enquirer further he suggested he should now be strong enough to complete the swim. Needless to say he failed the swim again. Lol

This.

I have nothing against crossfit but crossfit has just thrown a random jumble of training methods from other sports and then claims other sports basically train crossfit. They don't. Crossfit just took other methods and put them together.

If you are a mma fighter train for mma. Footy player train for footy. Powerlifter train for powerlifting. If you want to get good at crossfit train crossfit.

In an unbelievable turn of events Bazza and I are agreeing on something.

One of my main gripes with Cf these days is how it has just become the new name for HIIT or barbell complexes. I'm sure this is partly due to both crossfit claiming everything as crossfit (even swimming FFS) and public ignorance. I had a dude tell me the other day he was going to start doing crossfit just not at a crossfit gym and not with most of the "gay stuff", just olympic lifts and other strength stuff. So I replied "you mean you're going to do barbell complexes for conditioning?" But nope, he still thought it was crossfit.

The sport of crossfit and "crossfit training" are two different things really. Crossfit training is an amalgamation of everything and anything that is in vogue at the time in the crossfit community (they have crossfit self-defense and crossfit krav maga now, the also do swimming wods). Crossfit the sport is a series of workouts through which teams or individuals each score points towards a final result. It needs be recognised that crossfit training just employs many methods taken from other sports or training styles, this way the oly lifters, powerlifters, kb competitors, gymnasts, krav maga instructors, swimmers, ping pong enthusiasts, etc, don't get cranky the next time some asks if they do crossfit or "does this crossfit exercise/training help you?".

One of my main gripes with Cf these days is how it has just become the new name for HIIT or barbell complexes. I'm sure this is partly due to both crossfit claiming everything as crossfit (even swimming FFS) and public ignorance. I had a dude tell me the other day he was going to start doing crossfit just not at a crossfit gym and not with most of the "gay stuff", just olympic lifts and other strength stuff. So I replied "you mean you're going to do barbell complexes for conditioning?" But nope, he still thought it was crossfit.

The sport of crossfit and "crossfit training" are two different things really. Crossfit training is an amalgamation of everything and anything that is in vogue at the time in the crossfit community (they have crossfit self-defense and crossfit krav maga now, the also do swimming wods). Crossfit the sport is a series of workouts through which teams or individuals each score points towards a final result. It needs be recognised that crossfit training just employs many methods taken from other sports or training styles, this way the oly lifters, powerlifters, kb competitors, gymnasts, krav maga instructors, swimmers, ping pong enthusiasts, etc, don't get cranky the next time some asks if they do crossfit or "does this crossfit exercise/training help you?".
It's not crossfit unless your paying $150 a month to do it in a mirror less shed, the crossfit nuts to claim some stupid shit. I know they didn't event the wheel, they just found a way to profit off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovely, balance to the universe is restored.