• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

In Defense of CrossFit

Regarding Kipping pull-ups, the better you are at strict the better you are at Kipping, it isn't regarded as dodging strict pull-ups, my coach for example is the best at the kip in our gym and he can do 30 strict in a row, when racing anything the best west To get a good time is to use the fastest most efficient movement and when the movement standards are extended arms down the bottom and chin above bar at the top and you have to do multiple sets over 10 then Kipping is the most efficient way, if they replaced Kipping with strict all the same athletes would still be at the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have a Gertrude

Apparently Yes!

GERTRUDE
Each exercise is a minute at each station. 6 stations total. Do as many stations in 20 minutes for time.

- USING A 100LB HEAVY BAG, RUN WITH IT ON ONE SHOULDER FOR 100FT, DROP BAG SWITCH SHOULDER REPEAT FOR A MINUTE.
- PULL-UPS IF FATIGUED GO TO REVERSE PUSH-UPS ON TRX OR BAR.
-12LB MEDICANE BALL SLAMS(standing up holding med ball over head come into a squat slamming the ball down on the ground pick it up and back up as fast as you can!)
-35LB KETTLEBELL CLEAN AND PRESSES (cycling arms)
- 27” INCH BOX JUMPS
- ALTERNATING PUSH-UPS ON A 12LB MED BALL (one hand has to be on the ball during the workout)

http://blog.fitnesstown.ca/2008/07/14/gertrude-crossfit-challenge/

Bit sexist isn't it. Imagine if all the names were Male names. The Femonazis would burn the city down!

Heard an interview with a UFC fighter. He was asked the question " do you train crossfit" the reply was " I am an athlete, of course I don't fucking train crossfit". Funny and appropriate.

Heard an interview with a UFC fighter. He was asked the question " do you train crossfit" the reply was " I am an athlete, of course I don't fucking train crossfit". Funny and appropriate.
Most top athletes train very similar style to crossfit, take out the kipping and the heavy oly lifts and its just circuit training, we had kyle noke over here last year and he ran us through a circuit they would do over at Greg Jacksons and it was practically the same shit we do at crossfit, HIIT training,

Most top athletes train very similar style to crossfit, take out the kipping and the heavy oly lifts and its just circuit training, we had kyle noke over here last year and he ran us through a circuit they would do over at Greg Jacksons and it was practically the same shit we do at crossfit, HIIT training,

Or do you mean that crossfit is basically the same as HIIT?

Or do you mean that crossfit is basically the same as HIIT?

This.

I have nothing against crossfit but crossfit has just thrown a random jumble of training methods from other sports and then claims other sports basically train crossfit. They don't. Crossfit just took other methods and put them together.

If you are a mma fighter train for mma. Footy player train for footy. Powerlifter train for powerlifting. If you want to get good at crossfit train crossfit.

This.

I have nothing against crossfit but crossfit has just thrown a random jumble of training methods from other sports and then claims other sports basically train crossfit. They don't. Crossfit just took other methods and put them together.

If you are a mma fighter train for mma. Footy player train for footy. Powerlifter train for powerlifting. If you want to get good at crossfit train crossfit.

If a MMA fighters goes to gymnastics for balance or to a sprinting facility for speed, no butthurt, but if someone mentions crossfit, servers worldwide shut down from all the hate threads, were does Crossfit claim all other sports train crossfit? ive only ever heard them claim that boxer

This.

^this is spot on and to add, that the squat, deadlift and all the many exercises available to us, wont alone make a better athlete in a given sport, it's the skills work specific to the sport that is the key, the neverending process of practice...

Actually, Crossfit (in the begining) prior to 2000 (most here still in dypers) is responsible for igniting interest in the use of basic barbell exercises, it bought a mass of people out of the mainstream gyms, off treadmills and into garage type gyms, which is fantastic.
it also sparked a resurgence of interest into powerlifting, this is good and bad.

^this is spot on and to add, that the squat, deadlift and all the many exercises available to us, wont alone make a better athlete in a given sport, it's the skills work specific to the sport that is the key, the neverending process of practice...

Actually, Crossfit (in the begining) prior to 2000 (most here still in dypers) is responsible for igniting interest in the use of basic barbell exercises, it bought a mass of people out of the mainstream gyms, off treadmills and into garage type gyms, which is fantastic.
it also sparked a resurgence of interest into powerlifting, this is good and bad.

Along the same lines, on the same interview with the UFC fighter he was asked what sets and reps should you do in the gym to get better at jiu-jitsu and he said you should do more jiu-jitsu. Simple, sort of smart arse answer but makes sense and people miss this basic stuff.

skill and conditioning, that is all folks.

In regard to latter, many exercises for different muscle areas will do the job.

hot.jpg

tumblrlqbnknumQa1qd1n1bo1500.jpg

crossfit-image-1.jpg