• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long did it take you to get to 2.5xBW squat and 3xBW deadlift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzpowahz

Started barbell training Dec 2009. Reached the above in June 2013 so 3.5 years.

Raw with wraps for squat for me.
Sumo deadlift so I guess that is cheating :p

Squat 200kg@80kg and deadlift 240kg@80kg. Both at GPC nats 2013.

Squat 200kg@80kg and deadlift 240kg@80kg

Exact same specs for me. And to be honest probably only 3 years tops to hit it.

And now I have herniated discs... Slowly trying to build them back up at a much slower pace with 100% perfect form. All I ever did was low reps, so I'm finally doing hypertrophy for deadlifts.

You and me both. Weird! Mine are Thoracic though but getting better. I'm only doing lighter Rdls now, higher reps and also have to avoid heavy squats for a bit longer.

I get pain from overhead press, rows and everything. Did t-bar rows for the first time in a while. Worked my way back up to sets of 10 reps, 3 plate deadlifts. Felt decent on the day, 2 days later I was sick and had a good cough and it hurt for a couple of days. I was obsessed with the heavy lifts but I was I took it a bit slower and did my volume training. Well, at least my bench has caught up (150kg!)

Shit man, you sound exactly like me.

I can't even imagine getting anywhere near 150kg bench. That is by far my worst lift.

Are we the only 2 that have reached the thread title numbers? :p

Shit man, you sound exactly like me.

I can't even imagine getting anywhere near 150kg bench. That is by far my worst lift.

I feel for you bro. I really wanted to compete but looks like that dream might be down the drain for some time. At least I'm getting my bench up. It used to be a poorer lift, but when I was unable to deadlift and squat for a while I was instead training chest twice a week. Not sure if these tips will help you, but few things that helped me get my bench higher was-
1. Lat activation (If you wake up with sore lats the next day after the first few times of doing it, you'll know you did it right)
2. Decline Bench (I've always thought this exercise helps with learning how to flat bench better)

Yeah, I've been told in the past that lat activation is a big issue with my form.

When I was unable to squat/DL I was pressing a lot more. Like 4x a week typically. End result, clavicle osteolysis. YEW! Now can't do any of the big 3.

Took me ages to get to 180kg at 70kg on squats haha. 210kg on deadlift not so long.
2 years for deadlift, almost 3 for squats

My god i need to lose some weight.

If i did 2.5 x squat i would be doing 337 kilo's

If i did a 3 x dead lift i would be raising 405 kilo's...

Still, a good target to aim for :)

Roughly 2.6x on the squat (260kg) when I was about 27, knees wrapped up like a goose - i was pumping iron quite seriously after about 15yo but probably didn't really start worrying about me pins until 19yo. So that's about 8 years for the squat.

Never been anywhere near that kind of weight for decades.

i don't think I genuinely achieved 3x deadlift. It was 290-ish at something like 100kg bw aged 27. Deadlifted from day one so more than 12 years to get there.

It took me about 10 years to get 2x bw bench press (185kg competiton paused press) - but I was benching 100kg when I was 15 weighing about 70kg.

Last edited:
never achieved either of those lifting (on and off) roughly 5 years. 3 years serious lifting. Injuries don't help things

bw = 85, best sq 190, best dead 225.

Built for bench though, 160 @86.9 in comp

lol at gym lifts being used.
im at 2.21xbw for raw squat.thats without those springy things you tie around your knees for bounce out of the bottom.deadlift..gah.2.5xbw.some way to go.

lol at gym lifts being used.
im at 2.21xbw for raw squat.thats without those springy things you tie around your knees for bounce out of the bottom.deadlift..gah.2.5xbw.some way to go.

So you squat what I benched at my last competiton, a little over 2x bodyweight. Just returning the love.

So you squat what I benched at my last competiton, a little over 2x bodyweight. Just returning the love.

eh maths aint your strong point.205 is heaps more than 160.pound for pound ,i easily lay waste to these e stats/gym lifts of yours.your last comp was when churchill declared war on germany.your numbers have gone up every year since then.

IPF raw records deadlift

66kg 273.5kg 4.14 times bodyweight
74kg 310.5kg 4.19
83kg 315.5kg 3.80
93kg 372.5kg 4.00

Status
Not open for further replies.