• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you KNOW you've had a good workout?

destroying yourself isn't a sign of a good workout, i think its more of a sign for a bad NEXT workout lol, if you've progressed with more weight/sets/reps and successfully beat your last workout, you've had a good workout

Using a workout as a means to improve strength, flexibility, heart and lung health, improve circulation and many other benefits including the endochrine -every exercise in the workout needs to be taken to momentry fatigue, the weight used needs to be heavy enough to move fast with control, too light you use momentum too heavy you can't move it.

Needing to lie down on the floor at the end, I believe is a good measure of a productive workout, the time needed to recover between workouts can be tricky and different for most.

destroying yourself isn't a sign of a good workout, i think its more of a sign for a bad NEXT workout lol, if you've progressed with more weight/sets/reps and successfully beat your last workout, you've had a good workout

Since youre both kind of new ill ask you something.

Do you think I was being serious with what I said? Heres a hint, I wasnt... Dont completly fuck yourself up every single workout...

Using a workout as a means to improve strength, flexibility, heart and lung health, improve circulation and many other benefits including the endochrine -every exercise in the workout needs to be taken to momentry fatigue, the weight used needs to be heavy enough to move fast with control, too light you use momentum too heavy you can't move it.

Needing to lie down on the floor at the end, I believe is a good measure of a productive workout, the time needed to recover between workouts can be tricky and different for most.
Really?

So, in order to improve my 1RM squat, I must squat to momentary fatigue?
In order to improve my hip mobility, I must do all hip movements to momentary fatigue?
In order to improve my heart, lung and vascular health, I must swim until I cannot perform another stroke?
In order to improve my blood sugar levels and my thyroid hormone levels, I must perform my pull ups until I can't get another rep without cheating?

I sincerely hope you're trolling, because of the characteristics you listed, not one of them is dependent on achieving momentary muscular fatigue (even though it can be beneficial, if applied wisely to the right people at the right time), and in a lot of instances, aiming for it will make matters worse, not better (eg if you're doing cardiac rehab after a heart attack, training to failure has a good chance of inducing another heart attack, rather than improving cardiac function).

To answer thread title.....

I know the next day.... My hungar for food escalates very noticeably....

Abnormal desire to eat the first day.... Then tapers off over the next couple of days...

To answer thread title.....

I know the next day.... My hungar for food escalates very noticeably....

Abnormal desire to eat the first day.... Then tapers off over the next couple of days...

But i always have abnormal desire to eat :p

Since youre both kind of new ill ask you something.

Do you think I was being serious with what I said? Heres a hint, I wasnt... Dont completly fuck yourself up every single workout...

Obviously not to the point where your completly exhausted i.e sickness.

Really?

In order to improve my hip mobility, I must do all hip movements to momentary fatigue?
In order to improve my heart, lung and vascular health, I must swim until I cannot perform another stroke?
In order to improve my blood sugar levels and my thyroid hormone levels, I must perform my pull ups until I can't get another rep without cheating?

I sincerely hope you're trolling, because of the characteristics you listed, not one of them is dependent on achieving momentary muscular fatigue (even though it can be beneficial, if applied wisely to the right people at the right time), and in a lot of instances, aiming for it will make matters worse, not better (eg if you're doing cardiac rehab after a heart attack, training to failure has a good chance of inducing another heart attack, rather than improving cardiac function).

Yep Like you and many other here I just spew out random useless shit, stuff that just creeps into my head and sounds good at the time until I read something else and latch onto that, the only exeption is that ive been talking shit and trolling for thirty years longer than you.

Really?

Can you read in context?
I don't recall anyone talking about cardiac rehab, swimming or under water basket weaving

FUCK.

Yep Like you and many other here I just spew out random useless shit, stuff that just creeps into my head and sounds good at the time until I read something else and latch onto that, the only exeption is that ive been talking shit and trolling for thirty years longer than you.

seems legit

So you've been doing it for longer than me, therefore you're right and I'm wrong? Reread the post of yours I was quoting. You made the absolute claim that in order to get all of the listed benefits, you have to take every exercise to momentary fatigue. I'm not denying at all that in the right circumstance, training to momentary fatigue may be the best thing for all of those things at the same time, but to suggest that it is always the best thing is being unreasonable. You took it one step further and plainly stated that it's a requirement in order to get those benefits, which is demonstrated to be wrong by literally anyone who's ever done anything. Most of the time I respect you for what little I know of you through these forums. Right now, you're making that hard to do.

For the record, I seldom "read something [new] and latch onto that." On occasion I'll read something new, assess it against what I already know (or think I know), and if it makes sense I'll test it out to see if it works for me. Oftentimes it won't, and I'll take note of that. Over time, as I trial different things and start joining the dots, I'll see patterns on what has and hasn't worked, I'll contemplate why that may be, and I'll experiment based on the understanding of my own training response. And whatever the results, I'll know that just because it's worked for me, does not mean that it'll work for everyone else. It may work even better for some people. It may achieve nothing for others. I can be confident in this knowledge, because I know from experience that there are plenty of methods that people swear by, that I've trialled and seen dysmal results with. Doesn't mean that they're wrong to think that it's great for them -- if they think it is, without knowing otherwise, who am I to say they're wrong on that front. But it hasn't worked for me, and no matter what the method/program, I won't be alone in that reality.

In any case, in your previous post you seem to have attempted to fit one shoe as the only shoe for: strength, flexibility, health and medical issues. And that's just wrong. You could have 100 years experience lifting weights, and I could never have touched a weight in my life, and it'd still be wrong.

Lol I only read the first line, this is boring.

Squat to fatigue, swim to fatigue and go piss on an electric fence

I'm done with it

Can you read in context?
I don't recall anyone talking about cardiac rehab, swimming or under water basket weaving

FUCK.
I'm not the one who said that to get those results, every exercise in every session has to be taken to momentary fatigue. I was attempting to demonstrate situations in which taking everything to momentary fatigue is clearly not required to get the desired outcome.

I'm not the one who said that to get those results, every exercise in every session has to be taken to momentary fatigue. I was attempting to demonstrate situations in which taking everything to momentary fatigue is clearly not required to get the desired outcome.
Honestly Ryan, this a bodybuilding/lifting forum and this thread is about that, so any advise, comments, remarks would be referring to the same.
Take the whole post and subject matter in context but don't take one line, twist it and then think you've discovered a valid argument, because the fact is you haven't.

Last edited: