• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you KNOW you've had a good workout?

I think anyone who is serious about and enjoys their training knows that feeling when everything just falls into place, your rested, fed, hydrated and feeling superhuman, throwong around weights you normally have to fight.

Wish every workout could be like that.

You know when you've done a good workout when, at the end of it, you feel satisfied and proud.

Similar to doing a hard day of productive work.
Once in a while you get a day when you are smashing everything, one job after another, multi tasking, doing the workload of 3 people, the whole day not stop, eating on the run.
At the end of that day, you certainly feel satisfied and proud for what you achieved.

You know when you've done a good workout when, at the end of it, you feel satisfied and proud.

Similar to doing a hard day of productive work.
Once in a while you get a day when you are smashing everything, one job after another, multi tasking, doing the workload of 3 people, the whole day not stop, eating on the run.
At the end of that day, you certainly feel satisfied and proud for what you achieved.

What he said

I think you got it spot on

Last edited:
in general if i can honestly say im happy with the numbers that got lifted it was a good session :)

Does that mean i have to go back in time to undo previous lifting?

Haha No mate you can do what you like.

My objection to your comment was because there is a massive psychological element to weight training that gets ignored by all the biology students.

in general if i can honestly say im happy with the numbers that got lifted it was a good session :)

Yeah this ones also good.
Especially important when you know youtself well enough.
IE, you have a big day at work, on top if a shit nights sleep, and still manage all your numbers. Then that I would consider a very good workout. Hit a pb on that day, and it becomes more than awesome.

When i know ive put in 100% effort into every set with good form, every set to muscle failure and improved since last time.

My body tingles from head to toe, every muscle aches & my limbs feel like planks of dead wood.

Every single day.

Feelsgoodman.jpg :)

DOMS for days that prevent daily function (sitting, standing, bra removal), a good pump, and getting that flat empty belly feeling the next morning!

DOMS for days that prevent daily function (sitting, standing, bra removal), a good pump, and getting that flat empty belly feeling the next morning!
got to love doms but i wouldnt use it as an indication of a good workout, more as an indication of conditioning... train consistently and you wont get it often.