• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you KNOW you've had a good workout?

Gotta say... even when i train to near failure i very rarely get Doms unless i'm doing something brand new. (3 days of Mofo Doms on starting back at the gym after a break though :) ..

Feeling the slight burn, and light tenderness the next day in the muscles that were worked does it for me.

Grippy - I'm new here, but just wanted to pass on of all folks avatars they have up, yours is by far the best. Just keep wondering how the truck and the marlboro man wound up in the same pic.

A good workout...Endorphins pumping through my blood. Feeling alpha as fuck and on top of the world. Feeling a good pump and target muscles feeling swollen and full.

"Too many people have the misconception that feeling wrecked/getting sore and sweaty equals a good, productive workout.

Intelligent training and feeling wrecked afterwards (or the day after) are often mutually exclusive."

I actually got this from a bloke on the CrossFit message board. I hold this one very close and whenever our clients say the workouts are too short or that long workout made me feel good I usually repeat this.

How do I know I've done a good workout? I've hit the goals I set for myself, I nailed my form, I walk away without injury.

How do I know I've done a good workout? I've hit the goals I set for myself, I nailed my form, I walk away without injury.

Not a bad way of looking at it especially when doing crossfit, the injury one is a good one, the form, well what form:rolleyes:

If I feel like I`m gonna spew towards the end of the workout, and then feel pretty rough for 30 mins or so after then I know I have pushed it hard.

If I spew, choke, pass out, break some bones and wake up in hospital, then I know I've had a good workout.

^ Idno, last I checked he only died and rose from the dead once. Now, if he got crucified every Friday....

Not at my gym Mick ;)

Regularly hear me yelling "bar down! stop, compose yourself, set, tight.... now lift"

But you're obviously not an idiot...wait you do crossfit....

:D

If only all crossfit gyms observed good form and training progression you guys wouldn't have such a bad name.