• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Homemade Ice Cream

OK I've got the cuisinart bowl in the (recently fixed) freezer.

will do infusions in the morning and make it up tomorrow.
will post on Sunday!!!!!

traditional custard style gelato with mint

choc chunks are optional but mandatory if you are me so I'm throwing them in.

watch this space boys!!!

+1 for watching this spot! Would be excited if you share ingredients and if you got them from Coles/woollies so I got something to try tomorrow =p

+1 for watching this spot! Would be excited if you share ingredients and if you got them from Coles/woollies so I got something to try tomorrow =p

Thanks, will be watching and waiting to give this a crack...

ingredients will be easily got from the supermarket, no sweat (except protein powder...think micellar casein but it's optional)

do you guys want a sugar free healthy protein version of a real ice cream

or do you want one of those bizarro protein powder + skim milk and whack it in an ice cream maker version?

the latter is rarely a win and mostly relegated to "making do".

Can I use a light cream or should I use yoghurt?

i had an epic failure of the latter the other day that somehow turned into a win - milk, yoghurt, lite cream, protein, raspberries. i mixed it up and it tasted pretty average and the consistency wasn't the best. decided to persevere and pour it in the ice cream maker anyway and it turned out really awesome. had to fight off the missus...

for anyone looking for the lazy option, aldi have a lumina ice cream maker at the moment for $25. cannot vouch for the quality, but if you're after quick, easy hm ice cream then it's worth a look.

sounds good Marchy.

LOL I made the mistake of asking on my FB page what was most important to peeps in a protein ice cream.

Most of them want no carb, no fat, no nothing except protein.

i suggested that they should go for protein powder + water and throw it in an ice cream maker but it would NOT be gelato!

LOL the whole no macros but protein thing is really misguided....

your ad hoc gelato sounds great, March!

OK so a lovely fresh mint infused protein custard is in the fridge to chill overnight before I churn it in the morning for awesome (crosses fingers tightly) protein gelato!

Tastes good so far :D

Will give flavour options ..

this one is low fat and low carb too which means it is likely to freeze harder than a richer ice cream and needs to soften up a bit before serving (or just serve it soon after churning).

Keto version semifreddo will be up next for keto folk who don't have an ice cream machine

hoping to post the recipe tomorrow night if all goes well (aka I don't get hijacked to do other stuff).

here it is ....

fresh-mint-protein-gelato_5971_wm_1x1.jpg

http://ausbb.com/recipes/18080-chocolate-chilli-mango-recipes.html#post410832

or just go straight here:

Fresh Mint Protein Gelato | Chocolate Chilli Mango

Damn, that looks good! :)

Might have to finally get around to buying one of those icecream making things.

Natvia works well for this purpose then? How would it compare to other options?

Damn, that looks good! :)

Might have to finally get around to buying one of those icecream making things.

Natvia works well for this purpose then? How would it compare to other options?

Hi thanks!

Yes Natvia works well. I talk about substitutes in the recipe post.
what options?

you can use other granulated sweeteners or sugar, as you wish.

I really love this straight out of the ice cream maker. Lovely and creamy.

I can't leave it in my freezer too long right now as my freezer is insane and freezes everything too hard (just bought a new fridge yesterday to replace wonky one...can't wait until it arrives next week!). :p

what options?
Er, beats me, lol. :D Don't think I've ever tried icecream without sugar, so... and I don't even eat much of any kind these days. To put it mildly.

But I definitely like the idea of a relatively low-carb version, like this one. Sure looks tasty enough. :)

Er, beats me, lol. :D Don't think I've ever tried icecream without sugar, so... and I don't even eat much of any kind these days. To put it mildly.

But I definitely like the idea of a relatively low-carb version, like this one. Sure looks tasty enough. :)

haha natvia works well in this. you can use sugar too. check out the post and let me know if there is anything specific.

i give a bit of summary of the role of sugar and fat in ice cream plus also some flavour options instead of mint :)

the thing with protein ice creams and adding protein powder is that they really are best eaten freshly made. the added protein will change the texture over time so making enough to last a few days is not the best idea.