• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Homemade Ice Cream

No fruit, just vanilla since it was my first attempt.

2 cans of full fat coconut milk, 1/2 cup loose honey, seeds of a vanilla pod & the vanilla extract.

Whipped it all up, put it in the ice cream maker and it was great until I froze it in the freezer. It just got wickedly icy. Maybe I'll try some banana & rum next time.

No fruit, just vanilla since it was my first attempt.

2 cans of full fat coconut milk, 1/2 cup loose honey, seeds of a vanilla pod & the vanilla extract.

Whipped it all up, put it in the ice cream maker and it was great until I froze it in the freezer. It just got wickedly icy. Maybe I'll try some banana & rum next time.

fat and sugar help to stop ice cream becoming a block of ice...honey is sugar but being liquid, acts differently.
a little alcohol will help prevent the iciness for sure. you don't need much. You probably need something a little fleshy in there too.

maybe try adding some granulated coconut sugar instead of the honey?
a little melted chocolate also helps as does banana.

Last edited:
On it. Thanks for the tips... think I'll probably definitely omit the honey this next time.

Just send me the invoice, including postage in a box of dry ice and consider it a done deal, CCM.

Well, just for you, Nathan (and maybe a little for me) ...

last night I made proper peppermint and choc chunk ice cream :)

will be posting recipe soon...have to take some pics. too good not to go on my blog!

I made it the only way I can ... from scratch. No mint essence here...I used fresh peppermint leaves.

OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.

:D

hell yes, im keen for that one- Do you use a ice cream machine? if so whats good?

Plan to buy one this week

hell yes, im keen for that one- Do you use a ice cream machine? if so whats good?

Plan to buy one this week

I have a Cuisinart. Everyone loves them. Mine is a dud. Brand new. Keep giving it another chance. Texture is usually better when I do it by hand.

i think I'm just old fashioned??? :)

taking pics now....

sneak peek :D
Mint Choc Chunk Gelato_5624_wm_1x1.jpg

Last edited:
You are incredible Viv. Just fckn amazing!

Syd can you make enough for me too please! lol

Summers coming! I need to buy an ice cream maker & give Vivi's recipes a whirl :p

Also OMFG at the date & pear cheesecake recipe :eek: *drooooooool*

:) yay. Will report back in with how i get mine to turn out

You are incredible Viv. Just fckn amazing!

Syd can you make enough for me too please! lol

Summers coming! I need to buy an ice cream maker & give Vivi's recipes a whirl :p

Also OMFG at the date & pear cheesecake recipe :eek: *drooooooool*

my pleasure <3

lol if we ever had an ausbb party, i might do the desserts ... ;)

Missus made a Apple Pie icecream the other day and funnily enough tastes exactly like aple pie with vanilla ice cream...

ok :)

hey not everyone has an ice cream machine so would you prefer

a) traditional ice cream method (churning required)

or

b) semifreddo style (no churning required)