• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Possibly.

Does anyone know if the Crossfit games are drug tested? These guys were huge and ripped and would not be outta place in a high level BB comp.

Was thinking that and the women were starting to not look like women anymore. Great athletes though

serious question, no sarcasm intended.

oni would you classify yourself as a beginner or what?

Is cross fit drug tested? Good qustion, but the poor data of ASADA does not even tell you what sports are drug-tested, so who would know in Australia.

It should be though.

The exercise philosipher strikes again. You are the love child of yoda and confuscious.

And that's all I'm really good for is quotes these days.

But if I look at a person over forty years of age, regardless of size and see that person squat 220kg for twenty repititions I'm going to reach for my pad and pen.:)

serious question, no sarcasm intended.

oni would you classify yourself as a beginner or what?

I define a beginner as someone who has not developed a technical base for the competition lifts. If you look at the table below I consider Classes 3, 2 and 1 to be beginners and under class 3 to be a total novice. Training for people up to CMS level will be largely the same - lots of practice with the main lifts along with hypertrophy work. After class 1 or at the top of it, intensity can then be raised and training becomes a lot more individualised. As you can see I am on a good day right at the bottom of class 3 so I am only just starting to get a grasp of my competition form and as such my training reflects that (lots of volume at 75-85%)

classification%20chart.jpg

I define a beginner as someone who has not developed a technical base for the competition lifts. If you look at the table below I consider Classes 3, 2 and 1 to be beginners and under class 3 to be a total novice. Training for people up to CMS level will be largely the same - lots of practice with the main lifts along with hypertrophy work. After class 1 or at the top of it, intensity can then be raised and training becomes a lot more individualised. As you can see I am on a good day right at the bottom of class 3 so I am only just starting to get a grasp of my competition form and as such my training reflects that (lots of volume at 75-85%)

yes/no would have been good but ta anyway

Last edited:
Don't be kunty :)

Allow me to play double advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn’t take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It’s clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother’s mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like its a peach of cake.

Allow me to play double advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.
Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn’t take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It’s clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother’s mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like its a peach of cake.

oni.

wat r u doin?

oni.

stahp

So thats perhaps a 140kg bench, 180kg squat and 235kg dead for me to not be a beginner at 110kg? ... those are sizable weights....

So thats perhaps a 140kg bench, 180kg squat and 235kg dead for me to not be a beginner at 110kg? ... those are sizable weights....

I'd agree with that...I'm close to that total at 111kg and I consider myself to be still a complete novice...