• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i can link you to bradsky's pics, but out of respect for him, i'll allow him to do that, if he so chooses.

Why does every bb'ing thread turn into a bitch fight between pl'ers & bb'ers??

Grow the fuck up for godsake.

I fail to see the relevence of posting pictures of a fat pl'er, he may have muscle under that chunk, but he's a fat arse. No bb'er aspires to achieve that.

There are loads of lads on this forum who train bb'ing style & routines, who have achieved sensational results & bradsky is just one of them.

Instead of calling people out & constantly bumping vaginas, have the intelligence to know that there is no one way to train. People have different goals & visions & paths to get there. Respect that & support it. If you can't, then don't fucking post.

Simple yeah?

Tds just joined this forum, he's a competitive bb'er & hopefully he sticks around long enough to share some expertise with those forum members interested in bb'ing training/routine/lifestyle :/ then maybe these threads will be valuable sources of information, instead of the bullshit they always seem to degenerate into.

do you even lift?

I can link you to bradsky's pics, but out of respect for him, I'll allow him to do that, if he so chooses.

Why does every bb'ing thread turn into a bitch fight between PL'ers & BB'ers??

I fail to see the relevence of posting pictures of a fat PL'er, he may have muscle under that chunk, but he's a fat arse. No bb'er aspires to achieve that.

There are loads of lads on this forum who train bb'ing style & routines, who have achieved sensational results & Bradsky is just one of them.

Instead of calling people out & constantly bumping vaginas, have the intelligence to know that there is no one way to train. People have different goals & visions & paths to get there. Respect that & support it. If you can't, then don't fucking post.

Simple yeah?

TDS just joined this forum, he's a competitive bb'er & hopefully he sticks around long enough to share some expertise with those forum members interested in bb'ing training/routine/lifestyle :/ Then maybe these threads will be valuable sources of information, instead of the bullshit they always seem to degenerate into.

Not all powerlifters are fat Bella - and a fat guy with muscle is still a guy with muscle. This is not diet discussion it is muscle building discussion

Talking of competitive bodybuilders - remember GN1? I just saw his posts in that Q&A thread. I just looked to see what his training was and it was DC training. That bodybuilding training that requires you to and completely revolves around you constantly pushing the weights up on every exercise as much as possible

Not all powerlifters are fat Bella - and a fat guy with muscle is still a guy with muscle. This is not diet discussion it is muscle building discussion

Talking of competitive bodybuilders - remember GN1? I just saw his posts in that Q&A thread. I just looked to see what his training was and it was DC training. That bodybuilding training that requires you to and completely revolves around you constantly pushing the weights up on every exercise as much as possible

I did not say all PL'ers were fat? Wtf?

Clearly this forum displays the for & against in that argument? lol

I'm out. It aint a fight. The thread has turned to shit.

Nuff said.

Yes, I do. Often actually. With tangible results, improvements & proof. And most of all, no injuries :)

Do you?

Your post reeks of ignorant is the reason I ask, trotting out the old fat powerlifter line, have you ever been in a PL gym, to a PL comp?

Bazza is 95kg and on the road to a 300kg deadlift with a 33" waist - beast physique. Freako is mid 90kg's top 20 PA, natural - beast physique. The guy spouting isolation and low weight high reps "bodybuilding" training is 75kg.

At the end of the day the proof is in the results. I know who I would take training advice from.

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/18148-question-about-reps-3.html#post287736 "Just keep increasing your volume over 80%" "I do not believe that 1-5 reps is strength, 6-10 reps is for hypertrophy and 12+ is for endurance. The studies that showed this were done on untrained teenagers on machines. Of course singles didn't work for them. Any rep range will give you good hypertrophy. It is maximising your volume 80% that really matters. If you keep rest periods very short you can get great progress with singles but generally sets of 3 will beat singles for total volume."

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/18205-intensity-work-methods-2.html#post286875 "I get great results with rest paused training. Not a fan of HIT in general but DC training seems to work, especially with drugs."

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/18148-question-about-reps-2.html#post286854 "Number of reps doesn't matter. 1 rep sets, 20 rep sets, whatever.
Just stress the muscle and increase your volume over 80%."

http://ausbb.com/member-pics-videos/18076-deadlift-7.html#post278769 "Most people should focus on getting their deadlift up to 270.
Then they would have their opinion and others would have theirs."

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-train...ctly-bodybuilding-adding-mass.html#post278540 "If you stick with 5x5 it will give you enough progress to last two years, provided adequate calories."

inb4 0ni = gn1

Your post reeks of ignorant is the reason I ask, trotting out the old fat powerlifter line, have you ever been in a PL gym, to a PL comp?

Bazza is 95kg and on the road to a 300kg deadlift with a 33" waist - beast physique. Freako is mid 90kg's top 20 PA, natural - beast physique. The guy spouting isolation and low weight high reps "bodybuilding" training is 75kg.

At the end of the day the proof is in the results. I know who I would take training advice from.

Bazza is not a PL'er.

He's a footy player, who lifts weights. He said so himself. He has a great body & is strong as hell. But he's no PL'er.

I never said PL'ers were fat. I was referring to the pictures 0ni posted & their relevance in this thread?

And I'm not forking out advice, I'm still learning, as are we all.

Came for information, left with a headache.

As usual.

Ignorance indeed.

Ryan Kennelly is huge
Him being fat has nothing to do with it

.1122150774032.bigdave2.JPG

.1122151094030.DSCN0115.JPG

.1122151145749.DSCN0120.JPG

.1122151238352.Picture024.jpg

Good to see you realised that. Keep up the informative, posts full of well educated opinions formed from time under the bar.

The fact that you think I spend no time under the bar, shows your ignorance.

This is the BB'ing training section, not the e-dick measuring section.

I can link you to bradsky's pics, but out of respect for him, I'll allow him to do that, if he so chooses.

Why does every bb'ing thread turn into a bitch fight between PL'ers & BB'ers??

I fail to see the relevence of posting pictures of a fat PL'er, he may have muscle under that chunk, but he's a fat arse. No bb'er aspires to achieve that.

There are loads of lads on this forum who train bb'ing style & routines, who have achieved sensational results & Bradsky is just one of them.

Simple yeah?

TDS just joined this forum, he's a competitive bb'er & hopefully he sticks around long enough to share some expertise with those forum members interested in bb'ing training/routine/lifestyle :/ Then maybe these threads will be valuable sources of information, instead of the bullshit they always seem to degenerate into.

I hate the PLvBB shit as much or even more than anybody and in this case as it is in nearly every other cases, it is not a fight between PL'er and BB'ers, its a fight between lifters who prefer a certain training style, but in certain cases through blatant ignorance, at the expense of all other training styles.

If a legit BB'er with years of training experience under their belt comes on here and says train this way instead of that way then people should have reason to listen but when an inexperienced neophyte tries to suggest that their way is best I will always shut them down.

4WfRv.jpg

haha how convenient of you to bring up gn1

No hate, but Bazza's not a powerlifter brother.

Last edited:
I am arguing that progressive overload is the number one thing that drives progress as a bodybuilder and strength athlete. Without it, you do not become strong and you do not become big. I would like to see anyone refute this successfully

It was amusing tho when elmo refuted it then inferred that to be successful I needed to increase my bench
If your training gets you stronger and you're adding weight to the bar... you're training to increase your strength. It may not be your primary objective but it is still happening. If you increase your bench from 10x60kg to 10x100kg then you will be bigger. You don't get an increase like that without correct diet or with shitty training

Last edited:
I hate the PLvBB shit as much or even more than anybody and in this case as it is in nearly every other cases, it is not a fight between PL'er and BB'ers, its a fight between lifters who prefer a certain training style, but in certain cases through blatant ignorance, at the expense of all other training styles.

If a legit BB'er with years of training experience under their belt comes on here and says train this way instead of that way then people should have reason to listen but when an inexperienced neophyte tries to suggest that their way is best I will always shut them down.

I appreciate what you're saying Ben & have a great deal of respect for you. You know your shit, prove it & back it up.

Most people on this forum could be regarded as beginners or novices where weight training is concerned, full stop.

The crap these threads degenerates to is ridiculous. Information & knowledge is meant to be shared, to assist & support those of us learning, to improve. With all the vagina bumping going on, there is no clarity to any valuable advice or information. And all the fucking wiki copy n pastes in the world, don't make up for lack of tangible results.

Brad has a good physique, he's been on a journey & I am proud of his commitment & progress, just as I am of anyone who actually has results to back their opinions up.

Unfortunately often the most verbose dick measuring competitions on this forum, are dualled by people, who do not.