• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey amac38, you know me has HHB on ocau, thats 4 ocau members i now know who have invaded ausbb, keep it up, we'll soon take over this place :D

intro

- Name - Piotr
- Age - 34
- Gender - Male
- Location - SE suburbs of Melbourne
- Training experience - Been lifting weights regularly for the past 6 months but started when i was about 15 but never doing it for more than 3 - 4 months.
- Any Interests - lifting (of course), cars, TV, family.
- Goals - the usual- build more muscle lose fat.

Hi everyone i'm stewyh 43year old male 180cm and have a fat issue.A couple of years ago i got to 102kg with body fat of about 32%.My wife and i went on a diet and i got down to 84kg with body fat of about 19%.Since then i have gone back up to 92kg with body fat of about 27%.

I have just started to count my calories and am on about 2200 cal a day.I checked back to the diet i was on realised that the calories that i was on was about 1200 cal a day which is way to low as i was exercising 4-5 times per week.What i am struggling with is the fact that i am still putting on fat at 2200 cal which i thought would be low enough with the exercise i am doing.

My current execise routine is hiit training twice per week for about 20 min at atime after a 30 full body weights routine which is mainly compound exercises whith about 40 sec rest between sets[usually quite stuffed after the workouts] usually about 500 cal burned per workout according to my heart rate moniter.Plus i do 45 min steady cardio 2-3 time per week heart rate about 70% . What i am thinking is my body slowed down on that terrible low diet i was on and that it is now fighting me from losing that fat again.
I love exercise and doing weights but don,t know if i should slow down or raise cal or what as i seem to put on that body fat so easily.If anyone could give advise i would appricate it.Sorry about me going on and the terrible typing i dont type much ta stewy

Last edited:
The best part is you have realized your "diet" was crap.You are half way there.
Why most diets work on the theory of starving the body is still a mystery to me.
Check around as this has been covered many times,in particular a thread with a link to a newsletter by Markos.Anybody remember where it was?It was one of the best I`ve ever read mainly because it was so simple and straightforward anybody could have written it.And I say that with absolutely no disrespect and the utmost respect for Markos and his methods.

Oh, and I don`t mean to be pedantic but full stops,capitals and a paragraph or two will make your posts a hell of a lot easier to read and people won`t scan over them like I just did.

If you want to lose wieght, convert your bodyweight to pounds, and times it by ten to get the amount of calories you need to eat, with 40% protien, 30% good carbs, 30% good fats.

Heres a few tips:

Throw away your heart rate monitor, its useless.

Ditch the steady state cardio.

Get a decent weight and cardio program from someone.

news letter

Good news letter some great advice. I wiil do as you suggsted but the only problem i have is what calories do i start out with as i did what you stated and dropped my calories way to low and lowered my bmr.

So do i ajust and increase my calories to compensate my heavy lifting and let the cardio burn the fat if so how many calories. At the moment i am at about 2000 to 2200 calories. ta stewy

If you want to lose wieght, convert your bodyweight to pounds, and times it by ten to get the amount of calories you need to eat, with 40% protien, 30% good carbs, 30% good fats.

Name - Damian
Age - 26
Gender - Male(when I last checked)
Location - Brisbane
Occupation - Machine Operator
Studying - Short course program in Justice & Law
Career Goals - Become member of our ADF(army or RAAF) and Queesland Police Service.
Training Xp - Been going to gym for about 6 years now, last 1-2years have been more dedicated with greater results thanks to current PT.
Interests - Bodybuidling, MotoGP, Football(all forms)Drag Racing, Photography, Concerts
Current Weight - 91.8kg @ ???BF%
Height - 175cm
Goals - Complete body transformation, being able to walk around without a shirt on and be happy with my body. Have always wanted to do compete on stage,just so I can prove to myself how far i've come in life and my training, still have few years to go. If not, just get to a respectable physique where I can stay at for rest of my life.
Progress - 2004 I was 130kg at god knows what BF%, use to eat whatever I wanted. 2-3L coke a night while at work, meat pies, donuts, chips..all the good servo food.. Use to look like fat version of jesus(one of many reasons why I HAD to change my ways)
Current 1rms -
Deadlfts 1rm - 160kg
Bench Press 1rm - 105kg
Box Squats 1rm - 147.5kg
Good Morning 1rm - 80kg
Incline Bench Press 1rm - 90kg
Front Squat 1rm - 107.5kg
Leg Press - 470kg x 10(about 3-4years ago, haven't tried since)

Last edited:
Name: Franky
Training Experiences: Always did weights on an off, 2 week back into it. Havent touched weights for 2 years. Since then ive put on 17 kg unfortunatly
Interests: Gym rugby and gym
Current Weight: 117

Height: 183cm

Wanna come down to 100, itll be tough but im keen and been hitting 5 day week workouts

Name: Michael
Training experience (if you have any that is): None really
Any Interests: Soccer, AFL
Height/ Weight: 58kgs/169cms

I am looking to cut all my bodyfat so i can get down to around 9-10% I think I'm around 13-14% now, then will look to clean bulk to around 67-69kgs. That's the plan anyway :)

At 58kg you would have very little muscle. The 2-3 % of fat you want to loose now you will put back on when you "Clean Bulk", so why bother?

Also there is no LOL's about it. ;). Start packing on the beef now...big time.

Name: Michael
Training experience (if you have any that is): None really
Any Interests: Soccer, AFL
Height/ Weight: 58kgs/169cms

I am looking to cut all my bodyfat so i can get down to around 9-10% I think I'm around 13-14% now, then will look to clean bulk to around 67-69kgs. That's the plan anyway :)

I agree bad idea, I was 64kg, and 172cm this time last year, i am now 71kg, and still too skinny now looking at 80kg as a goal, who knows then..

Eat heaps, there rare many diet plans available in the diet section, PTC has a new thread up on a body change challenge, read that, infact read heaps of what he has to say, PTC puts out news letters, which are both inspirational and helpful.

HEaqps of good traingh ideas around aswell, but basically do compound lifts, ( squats. deadlifts, bench press, pullups, military press. ) Dont worry too much about bicep curls, and small isolation exercises.

Last edited:
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

I love sports and have been wanting to add weight training for strength and stability to improve performance. I've recently received medical results that mean I have to give up my current sport so things are a bit up in the air whilst I look for something new. I hope to make weight training a lifelong habit.

I'm not sure yet on specific goals for weight training but expect to train three times a week. I want to work out at home so am looking for equipment at the moment. I joined this forum hoping I'll be able to learn from others as I go.

Last edited:
Hi kelly7898,11th hour,warealm and welcome to Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding