• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Tina
- Brisbane

I love sports and have been wanting to add weight training for strength and stability to improve performance. I've recently received medical results that mean I have to give up my current sport so things are a bit up in the air whilst I look for something new. I hope to make weight training a lifelong habit.

I'm not sure yet on specific goals for weight training but expect to train three times a week. I want to work out at home so am looking for equipment at the moment. I joined this forum hoping I'll be able to learn from others as I go.

Hi and welcome Tina. You won't be wrong if your first "equipment" was Tina herself. Check this out when you have a minute: http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-train...move-your-body-through-space-program-1-a.html

Fadi.

jamie
bundaberg
plasterer
football, boxing, anything to do with the water, cars and ladys

want to get fitter and maintain my muscle bulk, mainly looking at dropping the fat at the moment while lifting weights, alot of cardio and diet change

jamie
bundaberg
plasterer
football, boxing, anything to do with the water, cars and ladys

want to get fitter and maintain my muscle bulk, mainly looking at dropping the fat at the moment while lifting weights, alot of cardio and diet change
Hi Jamie, a lot of cardio and you will loose bulk, diet is the key a]\nd lift weights.

luke
melbourne
photographer

in the process of cutting. already lost 8kg, 8 more to go

shortscotty

Name: Scott
Training experience (if you have any that is): None really in last 3 years
Any Interests: Rotaries, long distance running, beach, working on my house
Height/ Weight: 67kgs/167cms

I am looking to gain strength, lose excess fat around gut, waist. Just started a journal in the journal section. Just joined the gym for 12 months.

- Name:Daniel
- Any Interests:Football, Mini Trucks, Tattoos, Training.

Height:186cm
Weight:65.7kg

Joined ausbb for the learning experience and the social side where everyone is here for the same reason.

ive seen you on OCAU. im "ATXXX" on there. welcome :cool:

Hey amac38, you know me has HHB on ocau, thats 4 ocau members i now know who have invaded ausbb, keep it up, we'll soon take over this place :D

hey boys, nice to see you on here! i'll be sure to keep an eye out on your journal HHB and hyjak! ;)

Is OCAU cocklovers Dave?

No Markos, OCAU is not cocklovers. I know you've had a bad experience on OCAU, but that doesn't mean all members on said forum are cocks.

Mike - FINGRD

Name: Mike
Any Interests: My 2 boys, lifting heavy objects
Height/ Weight: 175cm/72kg
Training experience (if you have any that is):
Past 5yrs training has been a hit an miss kinda thing. Have been training pretty consistantly since september last yr. Before that I mainly ever concentrated on upper body work, bench press, any of the 30 different types of bicep curls, pull-downs and flyes.

After scouring the net an reading up on alot, I've added a bit of variety and a handful of new exercises. Also phased alot as well.
Started last year at 66kg and worked myself up to 72kg by January.

Aim is this year to be able to deadlift over 100kg and squat near 80kg.

hey boys, nice to see you on here! i'll be sure to keep an eye out on your journal HHB and hyjak! ;)

No Markos, OCAU is not cocklovers. I know you've had a bad experience on OCAU, but that doesn't mean all members on said forum are cocks.

Sorry, I meant overclockers, simple mistake lol

I didnt have a bad experience lol

I dont post on their because its a waste of ink, and I'm all over this computer stuff like black on Shaq, I can send emails now unassisted and recently I zipped a document, have to go, Bill Gates is calling

Al (ap355)
70kg (ripped) 5,9
Been bodybuilding for many years,love the training part but eating has always been an issue for me.....I find it hard to eat. Look forward to talking to all of you & sharing ideas/experiences on bodybuilding.

Sorry, I meant overclockers, simple mistake lol

Apology accepted Markos, I'm a big fan of your style of training, I've read all 100 free newsletters, so I do respect you a lot.

I'm also amazed by how quickly you improve your clients, and how strong your clients are. I really wish I could train at gym, as I'd fall under the 'enthusiastic and keen teens'. I've actually wet dreamed about lifting with your son Max and being coached by you. :cool:

Name: Daniel
Any Interests: BJJ, MMA
Height/ Weight: 179cm/68kg
Training experience (if you have any that is): Started seriously lifting this year, been on and off for the last year.

Figured I should do the polite thing

Name: Chris
Any Interests: Bikes, eating
Height/ Weight: 180cm / 85kg
Training experience (if you have any that is): Solid ~9 months of training got me to 97kg first year of uni, after that excuses were made and I got small again. I've been back into it for about ~2months.
Goals: 200kg squat / 200kg deadlift / 150kg benchpress by the end of the year. The bench press might elude me but we'll see. I'd like an elite total by the time I'm 25, I dunno how realistic this goal is but I figure no point aiming low.

- Name: Vernon
- Training experience (if you have any that is): Not alot, Did some in high school, dropped off now getting back into it again. Want to see some good gains.
- Height / Weight: 180cm / 78kg

WOW didn't know I would be this welcomed. Hahahh!

Name: Sean
Height/Weight: 182cm/69kg

Training experience: Well I've only picked up bodybuilding like last July. I had quite some free time everyday, so I thought I would do some exercises.

I was like 60kg at that time. Yes! Very underweight and skinny.. I knew I was skinny, my friends keep telling me that, but I didn't know I was so darn skinny :(

I've definitely put on some weight, but still not enough. Trying to aim for at least 80kg to 85kg by the end of the year.

I came here to actually find some online seller for cheap protein. Found Bulknutrients! Just ordered 5kg worth. Will probably get it by Monday. Can't wait!

milo here

a dancer (male) - no shit please.

5 8' - 62kg lookin to put on some muscle. fit already but want to bulk up.

problem is - no idea how. hence why i joined. any advice would be appreciated all this wpc wpi protein talk is jibberish to me!

Name: Umm... can i get a code name? I'm embarrassed so how about you call me OC

Stats: 26 female - and here comes the embarrassing part. I'm 5'4 and 125kilos. :( Morbidly obese.

I haven't done any weight training before. I'm a long time yo-yo dieter. I keep getting bigger every year and i need to stop it.

Weights seem interesting - walking and exercise bikes are boring. Plus i would like to make myself strong. At the moment i get puffed walking only a short distance.

I have a couple of weights, little dumb bells that weigh about 5 kilos.

I have been given lots of conflicting advice over the years and i'm left feeling totally confused about which way to do things. Do i get a lapband? Do i go back on a shake diet? Join Jenny Craigs? Weight watchers? Eat raw whole foods? Do a detox?

How much protein should i eat? I don't like meat or fish so what do i eat for protein? Tofu isn't that tasty, and you get sick of eggs. Then there is fake meats but they are boring too.

I'm at a loss for ideas of what i can eat that will be ok for me and not make me gag. I came to this website for inspiration and exercise ideas for me to begin with and to see what everyone else eats.