• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi ggabnore and welcome to ausbb , why not introduce yourself to the forum , tell us who you are, goals and a bit about yourself

That's realll trippy!
Waddup ausbb forums. I'm gab.. And im 19, from Sydney. I'm a male, and i've been an on/off person from the gym. When I first began gyming, it was just to lose weight. I dropped from 110 to 85kg. Since then, on/off, i've been trying to gain muscle mass, and trying to become more cut/leaner. So far, in 2010 I've been quite consistent with gym. Im hoping to stay like this, to see some crazy good results :D. I joined this forums so I have something to do that relates to the gym, when im not at the gym. It's kind of like motivation :).

Other than gyming, im studying Civil Engineering at uni.

Name: Tom
Training experience: Been on and off exercising for a few years but am fully dedicated this time. Did StrongLifts for a couple months and gave up. Currently been focusing on cardio for the past 7 weeks and am planning on lifting weights again in a few weeks.
Any Interests: Play competitive soccer. Love playing poker locally and online (when I have money lol).
Why did I join ausbb? I thought it would be a good source of information. I have just been posting a journal on a gaming forum and thought this would give me access to more in-depth information.

:)

Name
- Age 17
- Gender m
- Location melb
- Training experience (none starting off know )
starting weight 95kg (fat )

i would like to thank fadi 4 mrsupplement link

Welcome Sticky, Chris, AJ, Fenrir, Lorenzo, Aedan, Frank, ggabnore, Tom, and pantha1! :D

Do post a bit more than just 1 post though!

Name: Nick
Training experience: 1 week weightlifting, but fairly competitive soccer has kept me pretty fit for the last few years
Any Interests: Soccer, swimming, beaches etc..
Why did I join ausbb? Was looking to buy a barbell and this site came up on google, seems like a good community so far.

Name: Nick
Training experience: 1 week weightlifting, but fairly competitive soccer has kept me pretty fit for the last few years
Any Interests: Soccer, swimming, beaches etc..
Why did I join ausbb? Was looking to buy a barbell and this site came up on google, seems like a good community so far.

Hello Nick and welcome to Ausbb. In your training Training experience answer you wrote "weightlifting". Usually when weightlifting is written without a seperation between the two words, "weight" and "lifting", it means Olympic weightlifting as in snatch and clean and jerk. Is that what you've been doing for the past week or just simply weight lifting?

Fadi.

Hello Nick and welcome to Ausbb. In your training Training experience answer you wrote "weightlifting". Usually when weightlifting is written without a seperation between the two words, "weight" and "lifting", it means Olympic weightlifting as in snatch and clean and jerk. Is that what you've been doing for the past week or just simply weight lifting?

Fadi.

Nah, just the regular gym sort of weight lifting, squats, deadlifts, benchpress, those sort of things. Still learning the ropes as you can see, thanks.

Hi All,

I am newbie here.

- Name : Savara
- Training experience :-( None

Hi

I've been viewing this site for a while and have never really known what to contribute as I don't consider myself all that knowledgeable in this game. I am very enthusiastic about weight training though, been doing it for about 4 months, and absolutely love it...really look forward to each workout.

I'm middle aged, and my goal when I started was to lose weight and turn some flab into muscle. It's working well so far, slowly but surely seeing some changes, but still got some of the spare tire visible. Very hard to lose that bugger.

Some of the cardio work I did early days was affecting my early muscle gains which was annoying. Lately I've been doing 20 mins high-speed sessions on the exercise bike which seem to work well in terms of burning calories, dropping kilos, but not eliminating muscle. I do these around 3-5 times a week, fast pace but no more than 20 mins.

I lift 4 days a week, at home in my garage gym which I love (power rack, Olympic bar, dumbbells, rubber mats etc). I do chest & triceps on Sat, back & biceps Sun, shoulders & abs on Tues, and legs & calves on Thurs.

My goal is not to bulk up, as many on this forum aim for, but to get more of that chiseled look. Reasonably muscular, but nowhere near competition level. My wife reckons those pro bodybuilders look ugly so she's not keen on me looking anything remotely like that. I couldn't even if I wanted to, so I've got more realistic goals.

Anyway, all the best and happy training!

DKD.

Hi all

Male

Central Qld

Been back in the gym for 10 months or so and going pretty well but just lost some muscle mass which prompted me to look at this site.

I had been dropping a kilo or so of body weight every 2 months (typically put on 1 kilo muscle and drop 2 kilos of fat).

Lost more weight recently (about 3 or 4 kg) but nearly a kilo of that is muscle. Trying to work out why (might be the running I have been doing)

I had a few years of body building in my late 20's, early thirties and went from 85kg or so to a lean 95kg. Then over 100kg when I trained less.

I have been around the 103-108kg mark since then. I am 192cm tall.

Currently around 99kg but still 25% body fat. I'd like to get that down but also keep building muscle.

After my initial reading of posts (and thanks for the great contributions):

Go to a beginner's work out
Stop running!
Get more precise with the diet
Cut down on the alcohol

Currently I can bench 95kg for the third set (6 reps), Squats 100kg.

I have been on a 4 day split- pretty different to the beginners full body three times a week routine.

Looking forward to learning more and not being such a fatboy

- Age 32
- Gender M
- Location Brisbane
- Training experience (not much for the last few years )
-Starting weight 81kg (fat arround 25%)

Was doing some reading on google and came across ausbb. It seems like a very good community and glad to join.
Been reading some of Fadi's posts arround the net and today i managed to do 100 burpies in 12 min:)

My goal is to drop bf to 9-10% and get fit like i used to be, for my kids and myself .

Glad to be here and will start asking for advice on the right section .

Cheers !

Last edited:
Hi...
43 year old veteran of many years in the Gym...Last two years doing yoga to get flexability back and give my poor tendons a rest as they were causing me some pain in the elbows and wrists....
Allways looking for advice on matters such as diet and routine......Weight 83KG and pretty lean for my age....
Goals reduce body fat increase muscle eat well.....

Name: Graeme
Training experience: On and off for years - never hard core. Back into it at the moment - although lifting weight plates on and off shelves etc is sometimes enough for a day...
Any Interests:
My three kids, my business, martial arts, the (somewhat) mighty richmond tigers, trying to keep up with technology....

I actually found the site because one of the members promoted my business website on it. Saw the link in my website tracking and followed it here. A week later we were sponsors.

I wish I had found the site personally a few years ago - it would have made a big difference to my training - as it is I've already modified my workouts based on what I've read here. Hope to be posting for a while to come...

Graeme.

Name: Santiago
Training experience: I've been going to the gym for a while,but my progress has been bad because I didn't really know what I was doing.
Interests: Soccer,movies,games,martial arts,wanting to train but still I havent started.

Reason I joined is because I wanted some advice regarding workouts,and exercises and supplements and well,everything that this site has to offer,and as I am in Australia,I joined an australian forum

G'day everyone

Name: Stephanie

Training experience: I wouldn't call it experience yet... more like experimentation with workouts and nutrition

Any Interests: I'm currently studying beauty/dermal therapy and if I'm not working out you'll find me with family and friends

It would also be a good idea to say why you joined Ausbb: I've been using bb.com so thought I'd try a forum for Aussies

Do you have any goals in mind: I'm trying to put on muscle, although I work out I'm skinny and with clothes you'd be surprised that I use a gym

Are you trying to gain or lose weight: Lose fat and put on lean muscle like everyone else!

Perhaps you are already an experienced trainer and are looking to share your experience with others: I'm a newbie

hey

my names chris
male
perth
boxed for many years and got myself an awful posture due to the sport so about 8yrs ago started useing weights to try and fix the prob,,, i did and got hooked im not big,,i dont wana be big i want to be strong and healthy

h/178cm
w82.5kg
b/f 15% depends on the day
bench 105kg
squat180kg
soz dnt do deadlift
100pressups 40pullups