• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name: Nick
- Training experience: On and off for about a year but trying to get more consistent.
- Interests: Jet Skiing, Photography, Cars

Joined AusBB to further my knowledge in weight training and nutrition.

Some goals include increasing size and muscle strength and definition and also general fitness levels.

Absolutely PTC! Had them in the family for a long time, the gtho is our baby!
Posted via Mobile Device

I owned 3 GT's at the same time in 1992, my first born son, Max, his middle name is Cleveland.

I've had

XW GT manaul, white
XB GT auto, orange
XA GT Coupe, manual, Jewel Green( ran 11's in 1992, street car)
XB GT, manual, yellow (very rare 1973 model, MPH speedo, Top loader etc)

My brother owned a Wild Violet XY GT that won Geelong, Broadmeadows and the Nationals in Adelaide, white interior, orange stripe.

He sold it for $105,000 when GT's were fetching $40,000. As far as we know, it was the first GT ever to sell for 6 figures, he's pretty deep with the GT club, they reckon his car got the stupid price ball rolling.He paid $50,000 when a GOOD GT was getting $20,000.

According to Ford records, it was the only ever Wild Violet, white interior manual car with a sunroof made. He was chasing a GTHO Wild Violet, white interior car in Sydney. It was painted orange lol, the owner wouldnt sell.

Welcome, back on topic.

Hi Guys,

- Name - Nathan Jones
- Age - 32
- Gender - M
- Location - Canberra
- Training experience - "BB" for too long/powerlifting 2 years

Competitive powerlifter in the 110kg class, lifting with Powerlifting Australia/IPF. Best competition lifts to date: 300kg Squat (wraps only), 180kg Bench (shirt), 285kg Deadlift (belt only).

Yes I lift as a "mummy" (as PTC puts it..LOL) but still love to work and compete with varying levels of equipment.

I think its great that so many new lifters are hitting the platform recently, you have my upmost respect regardless of your chosen federation or equipment use, after all its all about SFW!.

ATM I'm heading towards the PA nationals in July...I'll start up a log for those interested.

Safe Training
SFW! ,
Nathan.

Hi Guys,

- Name - Nathan Jones
- Age - 32
- Gender - M
- Location - Canberra
- Training experience - "BB" for too long/powerlifting 2 years

Competitive powerlifter in the 110kg class, lifting with Powerlifting Australia/IPF. Best competition lifts to date: 300kg Squat (wraps only), 180kg Bench (shirt), 285kg Deadlift (belt only).

Yes I lift as a "mummy" (as PTC puts it..LOL) but still love to work and compete with varying levels of equipment.

I think its great that so many new lifters are hitting the platform recently, you have my upmost respect regardless of your chosen federation or equipment use, after all its all about SFW!.

ATM I'm heading towards the PA nationals in July...I'll start up a log for those interested.

Safe Training
SFW! ,
Nathan.

Good lifts man, Welcome...

Start a log would be interesting to see..

Nathan,

Welcome mate! There's a lot of kindred spirits on this board. I reckon Markos probably pointed you in the right direction... ;)

Awesome lifts mate, even as a mummy! :D

Cheers,
Mike

lol at mummy. Nathan is a super strong lifer, with or without equipment, I've seen his comp results before.

welcome big fella

Thanks for the warm welcome all...glad to be part of the family
So now you're part of the family we can ask the personal questions right? Like, how big are those huge tree trunks of yours and are they bigger than the man mountain Nick's? ;)

Welcome mate, great to have you on board... :D

Cheers,
Mike

Name: Hieu - pronounced as Hugh
Training Experience: On and Off for one year, going consistent now.
Any Interest: Besides weights, used to play a lot of Footy and Cricket.

Started Lifting weights Last May, i was on roaccutane at the time as well, and had multiple side effects, and also had problems with my back and hip. Looking at getting into cricket again when i sort out my problems.

Hey Guys New to this forum, been training for 12 years. Powerlifting the last 3 years. Had a bad motorbike accident before I started PL and the rehab involved allot of core and strength work, which later led me to powerlifting. I train mostly Westside and weight varies between 130-139kgs. Depending on how the wind blows haha. Looking at doing my 1st comp next year. Best lifts are 220kg bench shirted (I blow on bench), 300kg 330kg squat (briefs only) and 300 deadlift. Im still improving and looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Thought I might do one of these 'introduce yourself' things :].

- Name: Azz
- Height: Roughly 180cm
-Weight: 72kg
- Training experience: I used to be quite into athletics, competing in national competitions, mainly longjump. Gave it up for a few years, thinking about getting back into it though!

Been on and off training with weights for a few years, but never fully committed to it. Past 12 months I have been, and definitly am at my strongest. (Currently lifting 110kg for about 6 reps on flat bench, squatting 140kg 6 reps etc).

Also doing a Bachelor of sport and exercise science, first year.

I really enjoy this forum, a friendly community and very useful information everywhere :).