• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
heyy everyone
Im Eva
22 yrs old
from Melbourne
im 162cm and 49kgs
im just hoping to get a little healthier and would love to tone up like every girl..just dont really know the exercises i should be doing :(
there doesnt seem to be enough females on this forum which is a shame

welcome Eva, while your correct that not many girls post, I have quite a few training at my gym, so I try and post up as much information about their training as I can.

If you go to the journals, you will see there are quite a few guys that lift like girls, hope that helps

( Dont all get your knickers in a twist, it was a joke)

heyy everyone
Im Eva
22 yrs old
from Melbourne
im 162cm and 49kgs
im just hoping to get a little healthier and would love to tone up like every girl..just dont really know the exercises i should be doing :(
there doesnt seem to be enough females on this forum which is a shame

There are not enough females in the iron sport period!

Welcome to the forum Eva.

Fadi.

Name William
Age 22 (23 next week)
Gender Male
LocationRockhampton, QLD (Seen a few other people from Rocky on here so far)
Training experience Zero
Interests Music, listening and trying to play, into metal and hardcore punk mostly, wargaming, computer gaming and 4 wheel driving. Hopefully health will become one of my main interests.

Why I joined? I have joined Ausbb because I am planning to start training soon. I am trying to gain strength and lose a lot of weight. I am 195cm tall and on last check weighed over 160kg. I am known as Big Will not because of my muscles, but because of my flab and I want to change this. I want to be strong and healthy, and I want to go about it the right way, not some BS shake meal replacement or cutting corners or gimmicks.

I have been reading the forums for the past week or so trying to comprehend this great store of knowledge, and I admit it is a bit overwhelming, but hopefully with some guidance and hard work I can become healthy.

Cheers,
William.

Name William
Age 22 (23 next week)
Gender Male
LocationRockhampton, QLD (Seen a few other people from Rocky on here so far)
Training experience Zero
Interests Music, listening and trying to play, into metal and hardcore punk mostly, wargaming, computer gaming and 4 wheel driving. Hopefully health will become one of my main interests.

Why I joined? I have joined Ausbb because I am planning to start training soon. I am trying to gain strength and lose a lot of weight. I am 195cm tall and on last check weighed over 160kg. I am known as Big Will not because of my muscles, but because of my flab and I want to change this. I want to be strong and healthy, and I want to go about it the right way, not some BS shake meal replacement or cutting corners or gimmicks.

I have been reading the forums for the past week or so trying to comprehend this great store of knowledge, and I admit it is a bit overwhelming, but hopefully with some guidance and hard work I can become healthy.

Cheers,
William.

Welcome to the forum big will.

- Name Just paperz is good for now, silly username i know :p
- Age 16
- Gender M
- Location QLD
- Training experience Started very basic weightlifting in 09.
- Interests I love videogames yet id like to bodyguild, arent stereotypes silly?

I joined because there is a great wealth of info on here, and consistent support from the regulars.

Ive got a natural build for weightlifting and mass building, and id like to use that build for big ole' muscles.

I think my muscles may be out of proportion a bit, i feel im having trouble with squats and deadlift, so i test my leg muscles to see strength:
is it normal to be able to just lift 40kg with your quads
have difficulty lifting 30 with your hamstrings
all at the same time as doing 40kg squats?

Looking forward to all of the advice i can get :)

My current weight lifting goes something like this, please point out my mistakes

(im having trouble with getting actual weights, i can only take the weight up in 10 kgs, ive got no 2.5kgs or 1.25s

Exercise 1:

40kg deadlift X 3 X 8 (been feeling uncomfortable recently)
30kg bench press X 3 X 8
20kg Military Press (i feel like i should be at about 15 or 17, but alas, lack of weights i must sort out)

Day of rest inbetween

Exercise 2:

40kg squats X 3 X 8 (Squats are a lot easier than deadlifts, which is odd considering you're supposed to be able to lift heavier with deadlifts than squats?)
2 X 10 chinups (recently stopped doign assisted pushups [even then i had to stop at 8 and take it in minisets of 2], this has made chinups a lot harder, not sure if i can do them fully
20kg Standing Rows X 2 X 10 (this is probably too heavy, i feel like im at about 15 for an effective lift

thanks for any help

Thanks for the welcoms derkaderka and Dave. Checking out BigJim's and Hello's training journals at this moment.

Joined the gym yesterday, have a fitness assessment this afternoon and hopefully I can get stuck into it next week.

paperz, natural build for weighlifting/mass building and those weights you posted do not go hand in hand. Unless you weigh 17kg.

Name Sara or n00bs mrs
Age 21
Gender Female
Location Sydney
Training experience Some, been training off and on for 2 yrs.
Currently: Squat 45kg 3x10, DL 60kg 5x5, Bench 25kg 3x6, MP 22.5kg 3x6, Powerclean 30kg 5x5, SLDL 35kg 2x12
i haven't tested my 1RM yet, hopefully soon!
Interests Reading, Shopping, Music, Eating, Sleeping!
Why I joined? Really, it is the keep a track of my training as i was using my bfs username to post my training, so i thought i may aswell join and use my own. i look forward to reading everyone's responses.

Last edited:
Name Sara or n00bs mrs
Age 21
Gender Female
Location Sydney
Training experience Some, been training off and on for 2 yrs.
Currently: Squat 45kg, DL 60kg, Bench 25kg, MP 22.5kg, Powerclean 30kg, SLDL 35kg
Interests Reading, Shopping, Music, Eating, Sleeping!
Why I joined? Really, it is the keep a track of my training as i was using my bfs username to post my training, so i thought i may aswell join and use my own. i look forward to reading everyone's responses.
Sorry, only 1 n00b allowed on this forum....:p

We have a smart ass on our hands. I hope you use it against noobs frequently.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats why im on here PTC, looking for all the help i can get. im currently 75kg, put on 5 kg in the last month or two.

Looking for constructive criticism plx?

Last edited:
My name is Bryan
I'm 27yrs
Male
Griffith NSW
Have alittle bit of training experience.

My main aim of joining this forum was to find helpful info and other tips to help me get back into shape.

I used to be very fit,since fulltime work and having a partner and all other wonderful things in life i have let myself go and have grown a little tubby belly and lost my very stocky/muscly body.

So my main aim is to find out a workout/program and eating scheme to follow to help start me off getting back into it.

Also im more of a free weights kind of person i dont like machines.

cheers Bryan

my name is bryan
i'm 27yrs
male
griffith nsw
have alittle bit of training experience.

My main aim of joining this forum was to find helpful info and other tips to help me get back into shape.

I used to be very fit,since fulltime work and having a partner and all other wonderful things in life i have let myself go and have grown a little tubby belly and lost my very stocky/muscly body.

So my main aim is to find out a workout/program and eating scheme to follow to help start me off getting back into it.

Also im more of a free weights kind of person i dont like machines.

cheers bryan

hooorayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks dude,i've been pretty busy.I need to start and the pull the finger out.I used to be big and i mean big im ownly 168cm maybe 170cm not too sure tall.I weigh taround 105kg i used to be 98/99kg and big.Nice toned gut and big arms/forearms.When flexed both arms over 45cm depending on how pumped attitude wise lol.

Now i just relaxed probably stopped looking after myself for 2 to 3yrs.Drank beer and got lazy.

Basically want to get back into it,gain my lost strength and increase it abit and build my body back up to beeing big which my fiance misses.

I have a busy lifestyle so i will try to fit it in where ever i can if i can do at leat 3 to 4 times aweek of full hard ass strength training/stretching.and diet or not really both with diet.

I used to eat well well measured portions,love my rice which helped me bulk up great,drank plenty of water,sometimes could eat fast foods not having to worry about body side effects lol.Due to weight training.Hopefully get back there.cheers Bryan

.I used to be big and i mean big im ownly 168cm maybe 170cm not too sure tall.I weigh taround 105kg i used to be 98/99kg and big.Nice toned gut and big arms/forearms.When flexed both arms over 45cm depending on how pumped attitude wise lol.

Nice work.