• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Although my Brooks racers wouldn't be too bad on their own, I have been using orthotics in them. So yes starting from ground zero.

Only planning a little bit of running, just to top up on cardio levels from time to time. 30m-1hr a week perhaps.

Have emailed Pinnacle to see what they've got as I'm keen to try before I buy, otherwise will try Running Fit.

then you should be fine :)

The Nike Free 3.0's I can vouch for as wel..

I found my Nike 3.0s terrible once you start shifting significant weights - too much compression in the soles.

Great for everything else though - finally got a new pair!

I found my Nike 3.0s terrible once you start shifting significant weights - too much compression in the soles.

Great for everything else though - finally got a new pair!

Havn't tried doing anything heavy in them... but they are my everyday shoe.. it's like wearing slippers out!

I need to get some new ones starting to get holes..

Anyone got a comparison of leather chuck Taylor's vs canvas?

My feet are starting to roll out of my leather high tops and I'd prefer not to break an ankle lol

If anyone has other suggestions til Nick gets my size in the Metal's that would be good

I wear these Reebok shoes, designed for Crossfit, but work well as a general gym shoe.

Flat sole for squatting but still flexible enough to walk, run or whatever else if you want.

J88565.jpg

then you should be fine :)

Hey mate, managed to pick up a black pair of the 195's over the weekend.

They feel pretty good, nice and flat, grippy. Light. Not too spongy but still feel solid. And really convenient that they're narrow, which suits me perfectly. Keen to check them out in the gym this week.

Definitely won't be any good for me for running though... Went for 20min bball shooting practice last night in them as a tester. Nothing real strenous, only a few layups etc, but lower legs got real fatigued 10mins in and starting shaking!

Hey mate, managed to pick up a black pair of the 195's over the weekend.

They feel pretty good, nice and flat, grippy. Light. Not too spongy but still feel solid. And really convenient that they're narrow, which suits me perfectly. Keen to check them out in the gym this week.

Definitely won't be any good for me for running though... Went for 20min bball shooting practice last night in them as a tester. Nothing real strenous, only a few layups etc, but lower legs got real fatigued 10mins in and starting shaking!

Good to hear they feel good :) how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking???

They are a bit of a shock when running in them.... but keep at it for those short 10 mins bursts and it will strengthen\condition your calves.

Good to hear they feel good :) how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking???

They are a bit of a shock when running in them.... but keep at it for those short 10 mins bursts and it will strengthen\condition your calves.

Sure, $140. Thought I may be able to find cheaper online, but also feel bad wasting the guys time, and then having to wait for them to arrive.

Will report back after some gym sessions in them.

Sure, $140. Thought I may be able to find cheaper online, but also feel bad wasting the guys time, and then having to wait for them to arrive.

Will report back after some gym sessions in them.

Nope, that's a good price... cheapest I have found them online including postage is about $120-130 so a good deal!

Bumping this one up.
Umming and arring about getting something with a slight heel. My Orions are flat, so don't try selling me Chucks.

I like [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ;s Adidas Powerlift 2.0's but no sizes at that price anymore :(
http://www.wiggle.com.au/adidas-powerlift-2-shoes-ss15/

Next contender would be the Inov-8 240. Look alright and the same 6mm heel
http://www.wiggle.com.au/inov-8-f-lite-240-shoes-ss15/

Or should I go with a full Oly style shoe?
The Fastlift's can be had pretty cheap but the ones I prefer the look of are a bit more exy.
http://www.wiggle.com.au/inov-8-fastlift-335-shoes-ss15/
http://www.wiggle.com.au/inov-8-fastlift-335-shoes-aw15/

Also looked at the UGE ones but again, out of stock in my size.

Not sure I want/need a full heel though? Would only use it for squat work and give it a go on bench, see if it helps with leg drive. Thoughts? :confused:

The f-lites are a great shoe have had a few pairs of me, never had oly shoes so can't compare, have a look at the Nike MetCons too they look pretty swish