• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yes you can Dark but the mark up is a stupid amount for what is really just a flat canvas shoe.

I believe they used to be a poor kids shoe?

Why are they so popular amongst the lifting community? Is there something about them that are good for lifting?

They really aren't a cold weather shoe!
I like them for lifting because they are flat, awesome grip, range of colours, and they are unbreakable (see Shreks Chucks, I reckon he got them for his 18th birthday)

They really aren't a cold weather shoe!
I like them for lifting because they are flat, awesome grip, range of colours, and they are unbreakable (see Shreks Chucks, I reckon he got them for his 18th birthday)

I think I shall purchase these indestructable shoes to see what all the fuss is about.
Will they make my muscles bigger?

They will make you hooge!
Go purchase and report back!
They are like an orgasm for your lifting feet

Yeah let us know how you go. My dunlop volleys are due for replacement. I need to know if I fork out $20 on them or $100 on chucks

I grabbed a super cheap pair of Volleys, shit loads of grip, fairly comfy (more comfy than my $200 pair of Nike actually) and feels good squatting in them.

anyone know where to get some decent olympic lifting shoes in australia? i've tried ironedge.com.au they seem alright. just checking if anyone else know where to get some.

also vibram komodosport (haters gonna hate)
so good for deadlifts - and they count as shoes...kind of

anyone know where to get some decent olympic lifting shoes in australia? i've tried ironedge.com.au they seem alright. just checking if anyone else know where to get some.

also vibram komodosport (haters gonna hate)
so good for deadlifts - and they count as shoes...kind of

Check out Rogue Fitness, it's an American site but if I recall correctly still cheaper than Ironedge. I've got Adidas powerlifts, sickest shoes. Cost 90 plus 40 or something shipping still only comes to 130. Shipping was just over a week.

Fuck paying more than 50 bones for chucks. My bole wrestling

Back thinking about "what shoes" again...

I've been really unstable when squatting. I have flat feet and naturally over-pronate. The rolling-in action of the ankles can translate up to the knees, making these collapse in.

Various shoes I've tried (Bball shoes, Chucks, runners) don't solve the pronating. But add orthotics to these and they're fine for walking/running.

However with weights or anything with a wider stance, the orthotics are an issue, as they don't allow enough pronation for these situations. This makes me a chance of rolling an ankle and I feel wobbly with weight.

This link has me thinking that perhaps I can 'train away' flat feet: Flat Feet Treatment - How to Strengthen Flat Feet | Mark's Daily Apple

If that isn't some BS, then something like the Vibrams might help train the muscles in my feet, as ugly (IMO) as they are. Anyone from the "Barefoot Brigade" have experience with flat feet and/or squatting in them?

Is there anything out these like the Vibrams that don't look so 'unique'?

I've been really unstable when squatting. I have flat feet and naturally over-pronate. The rolling-in action of the ankles can translate up to the knees, making these collapse in.

Various shoes I've tried (Bball shoes, Chucks, runners) don't solve the pronating. But add orthotics to these and they're fine for walking/running.

However with weights or anything with a wider stance, the orthotics are an issue, as they don't allow enough pronation for these situations. This makes me a chance of rolling an ankle and I feel wobbly with weight.

This link has me thinking that perhaps I can 'train away' flat feet: Flat Feet Treatment - How to Strengthen Flat Feet | Mark's Daily Apple

If that isn't some BS, then something like the Vibrams might help train the muscles in my feet, as ugly (IMO) as they are. Anyone from the "Barefoot Brigade" have experience with flat feet and/or squatting in them?

I'm in the barefoot brigade...

I do my workouts in these... along with some trail running...

Inov-8 Footwear F-Lite 195

Super comfy.. have very little heel to toe drop (3mm) and look a lot better than the vibrams... I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat..

Last edited:

socks :) I use wrestling shoes which are pretty similar to what bradders suggests although they have a lot of grip (similar to indoor court sports shoes)

I'm in the barefoot brigade...

I do my workouts in these... along with some trail running...

Yep, I was actually angling for a response from you :)

So where did you get these? They look a good option. I can't find out if anywhere physical (Melb) stocks them, I'd be keen to try them on rather than buy blind on the net..

EDIT: Found some stockists through distributor: http://www.barefootinc.com.au/stockists.php#VIC

Last edited:
Bradders what do you think on: Inov-8 Footwear F-Lite 230

The original fitness shoe of choice. Low profile cushioned midsole with 6mm heel to toe drop is ideal for Olympic lifts and transitioning to a natural running style. Outside of the box, this shoe is designed for running on hard pack trails and tarmac surfaces.

The 195's you have are perhaps better for those already used to it?

Could just go all-in on the 195's and hope it forces my feet to adapt.

Bradders what do you think on: Inov-8 Footwear F-Lite 230

The original fitness shoe of choice. Low profile cushioned midsole with 6mm heel to toe drop is ideal for Olympic lifts and transitioning to a natural running style. Outside of the box, this shoe is designed for running on hard pack trails and tarmac surfaces.

The 195's you have are perhaps better for those already used to it?

Could just go all-in on the 195's and hope it forces my feet to adapt.

If you are moving from stability shoes e.g your standard asics, nike, insert brand here shoes and you have the money you could transition to the 230 then to the 195's... but I havn't tried the 230's myself..

it also depends if you plan on doing running in them? initially short runs and LOTS of calf stretching\roller work and you will be fine.. and move into longer distances..

http://www.barefootinc.com.au/product.php?range=inov_8&id=175 is the best price if you don't mind Red at $99 otherwise you are looking at $149ish..

If you are moving from stability shoes e.g your standard asics, nike, insert brand here shoes and you have the money you could transition to the 230 then to the 195's... but I havn't tried the 230's myself..

it also depends if you plan on doing running in them? initially short runs and LOTS of calf stretching\roller work and you will be fine.. and move into longer distances..

http://www.barefootinc.com.au/product.php?range=inov_8&id=175 is the best price if you don't mind Red at $99 otherwise you are looking at $149ish..

Although my Brooks racers wouldn't be too bad on their own, I have been using orthotics in them. So yes starting from ground zero.

Only planning a little bit of running, just to top up on cardio levels from time to time. 30m-1hr a week perhaps.

Have emailed Pinnacle to see what they've got as I'm keen to try before I buy, otherwise will try Running Fit.