• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

I would class cheating when you are not performing the actual intended exercise anymore to complete the rep. Eg kipping chins when you are supposed to be doing chins.

I don't class fast reps as cheating.

I think cheating is ok to complete the final rep only. if you have to cheat to get another rep out then what's the point?
Also cheating should be minimal. the target muscle should still be taking the bulk of the load. For instance a minor back swing to finish a barbell curl is ok. If you start using too much momentum and excessive back arching then stop the rep.

That, and I think you're just lying to yourself if cheat to achieve the last final rep's.
atcthe end of the day it catches up with you usually in the way of an injury.
which often results in a dude blaming the exercise

Double overhand sucks dick for any decent work capacity or load percentage

Heavy negatives on Deads is a bad idea. Prepare for snappius

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

If it is, then the term "failure" was popularized by Ellington Darden throughout the 80's using this and HIT.

momentary muscular fatigue, (MMF) was the term that Arthur Jones used in most of his literature.

Jones believed that for best results one should work to MMF, (in the positive portion of the rep), they must get to that point without twisting and contorting their body.

He was a great advocate for assisted training and believed that this was the only true method of achieving 100%, having a person there to supervise a workout, that can go past MMF by way of a negative assisted/accentuated workouts.

I've done and supervised many of these types of workouts over the years and I think that growth can actually happen during a high intensity workout.

As an aside, Jones noted that in most case, and in particular with barbells that the disadvantage was via the sticking point, (where gravity is highest) when trying to work to MMF.

This is what drove him to design a line of machines with cams.

and it is very interesting to work to MMF on the early nautilus machines because after a while, while the muscle becomes accustomed to the strength curve on the machine, you could reach fatigue at any given point of the ROM on a given machine, and not at that so-called sticking point.

As an aside, Jones noted that in most case, and in particular with barbells that the disadvantage was via the sticking point, (where gravity is highest) when trying to work to MMF.

and it is very interesting to work to MMF on the early nautilus machines because after a while, while the muscle becomes accustomed to the strength curve on the machine, you could reach fatigue at any given point of the ROM on a given machine, and not at that so-called sticking point.

I must admit, I have never used a Nautilus machine.

Gravity is highest?

Yeah you don't want form to degrade, or at least I don't like seeing it.

If you are pushing yourself form will degrade. If you are pushing yourself you are highly likely to get injured at some point no matter what you do. It's just the fact of pushing yourself physically.

This worry about always getting injured is sure to lead to crappy results.

Gravity is strongest?

gravity is most biggest?

gravity is placeing most force?

its gaining momentum isn't it.

It's hard to understand what you keep talking about when you get terms wrong a lot of the time.

Gravity doesn't change on the surface of the earth.

Are you talking about sticking point due to mechanical disadvantage.

If you are pushing yourself form will degrade. If you are pushing yourself you are highly likely to get injured at some point no matter what you do. It's just the fact of pushing yourself physically.

This worry about always getting injured is sure to lead to crappy results.

In sport yes

in a workout no

but sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because the don't want their illusions destroyed