• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It's hard to understand what you keep talking about when you get terms wrong a lot of the time.

Gravity doesn't change on the surface of the earth.

Are you talking about sticking point due to mechanical disadvantage.

I get them wrong?
sorry.

at what point of the rom is the sticking point of the barbell curl?

In sport yes

in a workout no

but sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because the don't want their illusions destroyed

What illusions.

If your workouts have zero chance of you getting injured you would get a better workout jacking off over the bra catalogue.

If you are pushing yourself you have risk of injury.

Just come down and do a couple of workouts, to see what I mean, but if you don't want to I don't really care bud, if you have worked out in this style and you don't like it that's all good too.

I'm done arguing with you.

Just come down and do a couple of workouts, to see what I mean, but if you don't want to I don't really care bud, if you have worked out in this style and you don't like it that's all good too.

I'm done arguing with you.

So you believe your workouts have zero chance of injury.

If you are pushing yourself form will degrade.
Barry, I genuinely would like an explanation or at least some clarification on that point if you don't mind please mate. I see an Olympic weightlifter lifting his max and beyond on the competition platform with near perfect form (if not absolute perfection) sometimes. And of course sometimes they stuff up terribly badly due to the weight being at its max. However the question here is regarding those lifts (max +) lifts, that are achieved with perfect form, how is that achievable if I was to understand that form will degrade if one pushes himself, as you have pointed out above? Thank you.

I don't think he was talking about Olympic trained athletes, but the average gym rat. They will test their max and sacrifice form (cheat the rep) to complete the lift.

Haha
But what I meant was, a computer is literal, it has no intuition nor can it read between the lines, it's either 0 or 1 nothing else beyond that.

Perhaps he is. I'm thinking old 286 with glitchy RAM? I think this is Baz on one of his outings -

Human-Computer-2_web.jpg

I see an Olympic weightlifter lifting his max and beyond on the competition platform with near perfect form (if not absolute perfection) sometimes.
I was unaware the original poster was a high-level Olympic weightlifter. But of course it depends on whether we are discussing things academically, or actually trying to help people.

I was unaware the original poster was a high-level Olympic weightlifter. But of course it depends on whether we are discussing things academically, or actually trying to help people.
You've lost me there Kyle, I have no idea what you're alluding to here.

Perhaps he is. I'm thinking old 286 with glitchy RAM? I think this is Baz on one of his outings -

Human-Computer-2_web.jpg

Haha. You seem to be worrying about me more since your ignoring me announcement. Again, you really battle don't you. Life must be tough.

Here we go
Really Barry, are you not able to comprehend the jist of it?
You're not a computer are you?

Well lets at least talk about something close to what you actually mean. The old man keep rewriting the laws the physics at the moment. It's not like it's a hear, here or your, you're argument.

Well lets at least talk about something close to what you actually mean. The old man keep rewriting the laws the physics at the moment. It's not like it's a hear, here or your, you're argument.

The Interesting thing is *I think* (and I could be wrong) everyone who has read what I've written understands what I mean as in pulling the load fast enough to allow you to use momentum to along for the ride.
im no physics professor that's true, hell, I'm no Einstein either.
you seem to like to pull people down to your level, I'm fighting real hard not to throw insults here, but it is people like you that spoils the enjoyment for everyone.

what I'd like you to be clear on is what is your definition of "success" is that you often speak about, and what sort of success have you experienced in relation to whatever it is I'm not sure.

from what I can gather, you pretty much dislike all activities except maybe footy and maybe MMA? but we all know very little about that have you competed in MMA.

tell us a bit about yourself.

The Interesting thing is *I think* (and I could be wrong) everyone who has read what I've written understands what I mean as in pulling the load fast enough to allow you to use momentum to along for the ride.
im no physics professor that's true, hell, I'm no Einstein either.
you seem to like to pull people down to your level, I'm fighting real hard not to throw insults here, but it is people like you that spoils the enjoyment for everyone.

what I'd like you to be clear on is what is your definition of "success" is that you often speak about, and what sort of success have you experienced in relation to whatever it is I'm not sure.

from what I can gather, you pretty much dislike all activities except maybe footy and maybe MMA? but we all know very little about that have you competed in MMA.

tell us a bit about yourself.

You are telling me to be clear? A bit much coming from you.

I hate footy. Nope never competed in MMA. I don't mind watching it.

No need to take it personally. I'm just struggling to understand the points you are making when the explanations don't make sense.

Ok, so help us all out by defining "success" in you mind.

And I won't judge.

i don't mind being challenged Bazza20 and I appreciate you doing that to me it makes me think but I reckon it's all and I'm probably wrong but it just appears to be big joke to you.
try and get a rise out of some bloke...
factus non verbus mate.